twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

reddit/10

Shitty collection kys

Get your own tastes

this is the first time I've seen a bait record collection

Imagine getting a Logic vinyl kek
kys nigger

Hey don't worry buddy, I like your taste

Shit, why vinyl niggers are still alive? Embarassing.

you lifted this from reddit, didn't you?

yikes, tumblr/10.

Easier to put up discog collection.
discogs.com/user/the.acronus/collection

jesus, how white are you?

Are any of those albums from the 20th century?

Youtube tech reviewer-tier taste/10

you cant really see anything here but whatever

post your 5 favorite vinyls

fantano/10

>there are 21 letters in the alphabet

im not home to take a pic
but top fives probably
the pod first press
psychic powerless first press
not available first press
soul discharge first press
and i have that timothy leary lsd album which i dont listen to often but am glad i found
i left out letters that didnt have any records

literally all of this crap fits in a sd card smaller than a nail

Going to copy that those tags thanks senpai

you should cut a few inches off those dividers. the way they hang off the shelf is very problematic. same with the stickers

no prob actual separators are super pricey and a waste of money
eh if there was a backboard to the shelf the records would be flush with the edge so in case i ever add one they'll remain long

>the only good album from this is After Laughter
huh...

I picked up that Chick Corea record for 50 cents at my local record store in mint condition

I'm not at home right now so I can't take pictures (trying to find them in archive)
discogs.com/user/Herbieguy/collection

You have 90% records from the 2000s onwards and that makes me sad.

I'd hang out with u

I can see that you own Here Comes the Indian

nice

I really need to get proper storage.

dat pacific myth

solid

I can only tell out a few of those but the ones I see are great

It's small because I got a vinyl player last christmas (so literally a month ago) and some of those are just stuff people handed to me

And yeah I know Goblin is there but a friend gave it to me for free, I don't listen to it much

Have about 400 more LPs and 45s on the other side of the room.

>gold member
Nice

you disgust me, go back to indieheads with that basic bitch taste

I have bought a lot more since this and it's an old pic, but it's the only one I got atm.

you rich ass motherfucker.

good shit user.

>grimes
what a waste of precious vinyl

>Pretty Hate Machine on vinyl
Who does this?

Oh, right, me. ;-)

Highway 61 Revisited sucks. I own that record and recognise that "DYLAN GOES ELECTRIC" sticker.

>vinyls
>vinyl player

Come on, man...

Sorry i'm kinda bad with english

>Austin Powers
>The Pod on vinyl
>GWAR

lol sporkcore

Records.
They are called records. Not vinyls.
And the thing you play them on is called a Turntable, or Record Player. Not a vinyl player.

thanku

pic related is probs my rarest record

This is like getting anal that people call latex condoms "rubbers" or people call glass drinks "glasses". Shut the fuck up. If you have ever called a 12 inch vinyl record "a vinyl", then you're describing vinyl in the singular. If you do that then have a problem with somebody using "vinyls" in the plural, then you're a hypocrite who dictates language without understanding its fundamental rules.

I have upwards of 500 records, a Technics SL-1200 mk II, a Technics SL-6, and a Sony PS LX-55. Too lazy to take a pic of everything.

I have never referred to a record as a "vinyl". That's just as bad.

At least you're consistent in being a prescriptivist tool.

>Technics SL-1200 mk II
Does this thing have a built-in preamp like AT?

Man I love Urban Outfitters

Don't get butthurt that you don't know the proper terminology. It's very easy to learn and use.

Based

No. It's a proper turntable.
No proper turntable has a pre-amp.

I know the proper terminology but I don't get upset when strangers on the internet use words everybody already knows the meaning of. If people know what somebody is talking about when they say "vinyls", you're doing not a single person a favour by "correcting" them. You're detracting away from a conversation and making it about your bullshit.

So you don't like the AT-LP120?

It doesn't hurt anyone to learn correct terminology. Most normal people want to.

Most normal people don't want to be corrected by somebody distracting them because of his own narcissism.

It's better than most beginner tables, but it should never be your desired end result if you want to get the most out of what the format has to offer.

Why?

Most people prefer to be corrected so that they can learn and use the proper terms. If you don't care to, that's your business. You are far too sensitive about this.

Most people already know what they're talking about when they use the word "vinyls". You're adding nothing.

So I can't just plug it in to my speakers? I need a receiver?

Like I said, it's a fine beginner table.
It is designed and built to be a affordable (cheap) copy of the Sl-1200 series... so you get what you pay for. It's not going to damage your records like a Crosley or Ion will, but it can definitely be improved upon. So if you are really into listening to records and want to take full advantage of the format, you will probably want to move up to a better turntable that allows you to do this.

Yes, you need a receiver.

Yes. You will need an amplifier or receiver.

Most people will probably know what I'm talking about if I point to a dog and make a barking noise. It's easier though if we all use the word "dog".

why would they?

Guess I stick it to ATLP5 then. Heard only good things so far

hey i like it

The LP5 is not a bad unit.
Reasonably priced, working used receivers are not that hard to come by, though. I see at least one in the $10-$20 range every time I go to a Goodwill .

But why is the sound inferior?

You're comparing onomatopoeia to a person using a one-syllable word. That's pretty fucking retarded.

here you go

Do you like "Medieval Warfare"?

please be nice

yes, but i like gangsta more... wreak havoc has a pretty nice beat aswell

the setup im working with btw

SOME BODY ONCE TOLD ME THE WORLD IS GONNA ROLL ME

I AIN'T THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED

can i come over and suck your dick while we listen to MMP you fucking phoneposter?

>phoneposter

actually i took the picture on my phone and then uploaded it on my laptop via USB

and yea

where you at

upstate ny

too far ;_;

>feat dot com
i remember this receiving half a star

yeah it's a bizzare flick but i love it for the early 2000s internet nostalgia

genuine question for anyone in this thread
why do you collect records? is it just because you like have a record collection to show off or do you think it sounds better?
is it really worth the money?

not hate btw just really curious

i just like listening to music on physical mediums. i don't necessarily think it sounds "better" but it's more enjoyable to listen to imo. if i can't buy an album on vinyl i'll buy it on cassette, just to have something to listen to physically.

interesting, why is this? could you not get the same experience hooking your laptop up to your soundsystem?

hooking my laptop up to my soundsystem and pressing play is nowhere near as enjoyable as picking a record off my shelf, taking it out of the sleeve, putting it on the turntable and dropping the needle. it feels like an experience.

for me its kind of about listening to music more actively. there is no "this track sucks lets skip it" you just sit through it and maybe you like it by the end... i guess

what is that maggot face thing?

You forgot about Primus and ween

cosy

this is a joke
this can't be you... right?

Whats the nier vinyl like?

Dötöx by Aivovuoto

I got that Zelda record too. I got Sonic Mania as well, with Adventure 1 and 2 on preorder.

"a beautiful song" is on there thats all that matters... no for real i really like the song selection thats on there quality wise i cant complain

they are expensive as heck so i only bought this one- i really wanted the hyper light drifter one tho

I hope it has the best version of "Weight of the World", the Japanese version.

Please be nice :^)