Rock is dead and the only people who like rock now are either old people or social rejects...

Rock is dead and the only people who like rock now are either old people or social rejects, rap is the new form of rock nowadays and it will prevail and become better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JY-112wmgck
youtu.be/sebHq4Vq3IM
youtube.com/watch?v=W4F0eeFqiU4&list=PLmGNJDlb2-p3LZbIVDltnu_VC6igAuGxw
youtube.com/watch?v=rzc3_b_KnHc
orlando.craigslist.org/msg/d/squier-by-fender-stratocaster/6469844058.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=JY-112wmgck

???

gucci gang gucci gang

huuur rock iz dead
only in the mainstream it is
people still make rock music its just not popular anymore and has become watered down and a cliche of itsself.

It really won't. It is getting unimaginably worse, just like buttrock destroyed rock music and jazz was destroyed by various forms of stupidity

proves my point rap is the new form of rock and its better.

Okay, then what retard? Where would your innovative music be then

>I'm 16: the post

>implying

Rock has stopped developing, so we are to pray the old gods only. Rap is the new pop.

It's not dead, and the good shit is following along the lines of pop and hip-hop and incorporation interesting production styles that you don't commonly find in rock.

I can't stand much nostalgic shit, but I love Tame Impala, especially Currents since his whole point on that album was to make a psychedelic pop album and told rockists to fuck off because electronic music can be psychedelic too.

But I got out of rock when I kicked my know it all weirdo phase and realized much of what I listened to was boring noodly dad rock trash.

alright

music is dead
there won't be a next big thing
except perhaps for two week fads

The music of the time reflects the culture of the time. People no longer want to sit and listen to long albums and long drawn out guitar solos. And all that shit has become stale and the truly innovative evolutionay shit in rock was either deemed too weird or came to late for anyone to care.

I get tired of the same Metallica and Nirvana normies. Shit is played.

but social rejects are the best arbiters for what is actually good. because they have no social investment or image to upkeep and focus primarily on aesthetic value of something

youtu.be/sebHq4Vq3IM

cathort we scratch hard kitty life we meow hard!

deffo this is the problem with guitar and band based music, its not allowed to evolved because people still worship older rockers

but with other types of music older artists are respected but the new music is given a chance and younger artists allowed to grow

tldr fuck dadrockers

youtube.com/watch?v=W4F0eeFqiU4&list=PLmGNJDlb2-p3LZbIVDltnu_VC6igAuGxw

I'm fine being a reject.

All popular music sucks balls regardless of genre. Only very shortly do you get a good selling album that is actually legitimately good on a compositional level.

>become better
it's still trying to get better for the last 3 decades
only released a dozen of decent/enjoyable album IMO
rock was mature in less than 20 years without the communication technology rap took advantage of...
when rock peaked, everyone started to grab instruments and now you have countless 1 shot band that nobody heard about
rap music is leaded by a few producers, the main spirit is "make money/be some sort of anthem for minorities" and that's it
It'll be over and out before the end of the next decade. Just like disco.

>implying modern jazz isn't best jazz
stay an unmodular pleb i guess

Rap is just degenerate nigger music

>deffo this is the problem with guitar and band based music, its not allowed to evolved because people still worship older rockers
What's your point? Bands have always done since since the Rolling Stones worshiped Chuck Berry.

You misundertood my point. I meant that evolution of the guitar sound has come to it's logical end. This is it. We can't go any heavier and more sophisticated than it is now. Old gods = all bands before the stop.

>pol

pls go pol

okay you dident say that tho but i get what you mean now

>This is it. We can't go any heavier and more sophisticated than it is now
>he thinks technical sophistication/wankery is what makes good music
You are a very silly person, do you know that?

>The music of the time reflects the culture of the time. People no longer want to sit and listen to long albums and long drawn out guitar solos

You sound like Christgau in 1977 writing about how punk saved us from 20 minute ELP tracks.

Yeah this. The problem with rap is that while it's super-powered by trendiness it's also a victim of it in the long run. It dates pretty badly compared to other genres

People make music in genres even if they arent mainstream popular. No genre can ever truly die unless all artists that play the style suddenly die.

I went over this the other day how the Replacements--Let It Be sounds almost timeless with its stripped production while many mid-80s albums sound horrendously dated.

>modular

It's modal, you absolute pleb. Jeez, can't believe the state of Sup Forums after the Sup Forums-invasion...

Read my post carefully.

Rich people rarely make good music because they have no hunger or need to prove anything to the world.

then okay how do we fix this? and save rock?
we can't probs

I did. You were postulating the idea that playing 500 bpm guitar riffs makes for a good song. Which is silly. You can listen all day long to Malmsteen and be impressed by his technical skills, but at the same time you don't feel anything.

rock is dead deal with it faggot lol

But rap is dead too.

I was speaking about the song structure and hi-gain amps. Did I clarify my post for you now?

So is your mom, but I still can have some fun time with her.

oh fuck you nigger

Yeah, acting like whether music is “dead” (as in, not commercially successful) determines its value demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding and lack of appreciation for music as art.

Nu-Sup Forums is making my head hurt. There's just too many fucking plebians with absolutely autistic opinions on music. I'm doubtful any of you even play an instrument, or have ever done a gig. I genuinely didn't think the quality couldn't lower more than it had over the past few years but somehow it's happened. Pic related, I don't know what I expected.

>8 out of the 20 highest-grossing tours of 2017 are by rock artists
>not a single rapper

Really makes you think

Yep, what you said can almost be seen as a rule. Not that every album should be minimally produced, but that gimmicky production always ages like milk.

youtube.com/watch?v=rzc3_b_KnHc

put yer balls to the wall soyboy rocker
yu get dat stick

face it music is a odd joke/mess and filled with memes in 2018 its how it is sadly

You're an underaged autist that doesn't know anything about "how music is" in the current year.

This guy gets it. as long as you can listen to whatever you want and get your rocks off, who cares if it is commercially successful or not. Besides, isn't rock'n'roll fundamentally about having fun?

just checked the top ten highest gross artists of 2017
any of the guitar or rock stuff is very old bands nothing new

hmmmmm

What the fuck is up with you people thinking rap is some thing that just started this decade or just got popular? Disco... a fucking genre that was only really popular for a few years in the fucking 70s. Hip-hop, a genre that has been thriving since the late 70s. Are you fucking retarded?

how do you know that?
you don't, silly old man listen to some hip hop it might help you calm down

the mean more modern trap rap and cloud rap and southern rap ect
thats what im guessing at least.

The truth is that 99% of rock artists right now are just making terrible music thereby making rock seem dead, the real problem is finding out why no one can make any good music anymore

maybe because they all want to be like and make songs like the older artists they like
you know like they just wanna be like slash or some rock god led zepplin thing and pretend its still 1975 or something.

he said modern user

but he's still wrong about the name I think we're technically calling what comes out now contemporary jazz but maybe that was the 90's

I dont know that many rock acts that do this, I feel like its the low energy indie music thats kinda killing the vibe

If anything they're pampered soyboys who don't take enough from guys like Slash

Only as long as America is the world superpower and in 20 years it will be China who have already banned rap music. Enjoy it while you can.

I wouldn't count on it. Things are going to get bad for minorities in the coming years

So do you think that something being popular means that it’s good?

>I was speaking about the song structure

Pop music has always been based around the 4/4 beat, has it not?

Therein lays the problem. Since the late 2000s, guitar music lost its working class connections and became the provenance of rich hipsters with beanies.

>trap will destroy rap as glam destroyed metal
it all makes sense now

This is the guy who would have said in 1936 that Hitler's supermen would overtake us.

Without looking, it's probably nothing but old guys like U2 and Metallica.

now did i say that?
no

America wasn't a superpower in 1936.

and the rhcp and some other stuff
but oh no >So do you think that something being popular means that it’s good? kek

>Implying the majority of music lovers aren't just easily manipulated plebs and that (((record labels))) aren't conditioning people to like easily manufactured low risk high profit margins nu hip Hop by bribing radio stations and MTV to play their songs in repetition.

Anyone who is open minded enough to appreciate different diverse genres and not just behave like good Goys for record companies usually don't find hip Hop appealing.

How is this true when guitars are cheaper than ever and learning guitar is cheaper than ever (free), and working class people spend ten times what they could spend on a guitar on a phone?

I always suspected that the real problem critics have with lengthy guitar solos is that they have to review 30 albums in a day and they can't spend 70 minutes on one album unlike the teen stoner target audience who has all the free time in the world to listen to it. Punk is short so it's easier to speed through a punk record.

I blame it on the 2008 recession. It made equipment too expensive for a lot of poorer people.

This guy is way off. If you want real, professional grade guitars and amps (not chink guitars at Wal-Mart), you'll pay $$$.

That's something that one could split hairs on, but later on in the 1950s when we did truly have global reach, they said the Soviet Union would also overtake us because we were degenerate and materialistic unlike the disciplined communist superman.

i mean thats whats happening right now

Why do we really need buttrock anyway? You guys seem to be upset that there's no young bands like AC/DC.

>That's something that one could split hairs on
No it's not. We were in the middle of the great depression.

"Professional grade guitars", while absurdly overpriced and pointless, are also cheaper than ever, and I'm not even talking the first act stuff

I was referring to the Western democracies in general terms. During the Depression, they were saying capitalism and liberalism had failed and that Germany and Russia led the way to the future.

Of course, manmade famines and concentration camps aren't necessarily most people's idea of a bright future, but...

good guitars are expensive
and learning guitar has low pay offs now compared to when rock was in fashion.

What's happening now?

Disco was the culmination of a variety of rock styles that persisted throughout multiple decades before becoming disco, just as modern rap is the product of hooligans looting and doing crack.

In the eyes of younger generations rap will be no less a fad than you think disco was.

>and learning guitar has low pay offs now compared to when rock was in fashion
Depends on what kind of rock you're talking here. Obviously the AC/DC kind of rock is not what sells in this day and age. If you mean some gelding hipster band like Alvvays, then it's a different story.

>manmade famines
no such thing

Good guitars can be gotten for like 100-200 bucks

Weak-minded people are talking themselves into believing a service and nepotism based economy won't lead into a war outside their own front door.

we don't need buttrock anymore ....i was mocking that other poster

Try again.

i was reffering to any type of guitar based tunes
and royal blood

Still not a single rapper in the top 20

most normies are too dumb to shop for those ones tho

rap is bigger mainstream wise
who cares what the top 20 says in 2018?

Rap doesn't work well in an arena/stadium setting. What do you want?

The fate of rock was sealed when American youth under 20 became majority non white(excluding white Hispanics). Why would Jamal, Pablo, Pajeets or Mohammed want to watch white guys make rock music when they can support urban music, made by people who look like them? Until rock becomes popular amongst ethnic minorities who now control youth culture, rock will continue to die. Sub 100 IQ people were never going to understand Pink Floyd or the Eagles.

First you can get that stuff way cheaper used, second that's way too much anyway. Here found something good for 100 took me 2 seconds
orlando.craigslist.org/msg/d/squier-by-fender-stratocaster/6469844058.html

Yeah and most people on here whine about the rap mainstream being shit

It should be somewhat troubling that none of the legacy rap acts except Eminem are doing well in a live setting

Mate, I know poor niggers who buy IPhone every year. A good quality guitar will last you a lifetime and is a worthy investment.

I am well aware of IQ averages, but I somehow highly doubt that John Coltrane was > 100. I see black and hispanic kids rejecting this shit and buying guitars all the fucking time. Life strives and persists, and Jew music worships death, so it gets death.

When Gene Simmons whines that rock is dead, he really just means his kind of rock.