It was perfectly acceptable and well-made

It was perfectly acceptable and well-made

Piece of garbage

Putrid shit

why are you talking about TFA in Rogue One thread?

Has there ever been a movie before Rogue One that gets so much undeserved hate?

It really isn't getting that much hate. In fact I'm amazed at how many people are sticking up for it or ranking it above TFA even after RLM's review.

How accurate is this:

Rogue One review: Atlas didnt shrug, but merely scuffled his feet.

The latest offering from the ever expansive multiverse of Disney cinematic universes heralds its entry not with a jocund clarion call, but something more akin to an oversaturated flatus. Rogue One approaches its viewer with an uncertain, pedantic swagger like a pickup artist botching his first seduction. It rotely stakes its claim in the cultural canon with feigned bravada, yet lacks the confidence to convince any but the most easily persuaded of the venerable fandom to which it caters.

Unfortunately, Rogue One is a filmic journey that beleaguers the suspension of disbelief by grounding its insecurities firmly outside of its laboriously constructed mise en scene; put another way, Rogue One is a movie that insists upon itself.

1.5/4 stars.

It was more of a Suicide Squad movie than the actual Suicide Squad movie, I'll give it that.

It was just really boring, for me. If people here enjoyed it, I understand, but it felt like a real life war movie with a Star Wars skin on it, and that's just not fun to me. I like war movies fine, Hacksaw Ridge was fantastic, but trying to put that kind of plot into the usually fun, fast paced, and campy Star Wars universe just felt off. Just the same way shoehorning feminism into Ghostbusters didn't work for me. Also, the cast did a fine job acting, but the characters themselves were boring. I can't remember a single one of their names, maybe Jin Ordo? Anyways, I understand why a lot of people liked it, but it didn't sit right with me personally.

kid trying too hard/10

too bad I didn't care at all about the main character Jyn because I got the feels when everyone else died.
Cassian should have died when he fell against steel beam and Jyn should have died ALONE watching her father's creation killing her in a ANH binary sunset kind of scene. That would have made their death much more memorable.

First part of the movie is forgetable though.

>I wanted Marvel Characters running around Quiping and shooting lasers at each other

This. It also came across as soulless to me. Just another project where huge amounts of money were thrown at in lieu of passion and creativity

If you like explosions sure.

Entire 2016 felt like that. One mediocre, assembly line product after another.

Bodhi's death was really sad. While the two main characters were unlikable loud mouthed assholes, Bodhi was a genuinely likeable and humble guy with no special talent or obvious plot armor

Good parts: Ira Belle was pretty cute
Bad parts: the plot, the characters

what are some movies with passion & soul in 2016? neon demon, the vvitch?

I like how Krennic is the guy from the dark knight rises who gets strangled by bane

>Do you feel in charge?

and a similar thing happens in this movie

>Marvel
>bad
Stop tipping your fedora, user.

Is it bad that I think Rouge one was but it was at least better than TFA?

I don't know who RLM is and don't care what people shit out on twatter, I liked Rogue One though.

First 90 mins: 5/10

Last 45 mins: 10/10

>acceptable
This is what we have come down to, oh you captive audience of prole semi-human drones

definitely better than TFA I enjoyed it as well. Didn't like TFA at all

Pretentious language, but its mostly accurate.

Moonlight was one of the few Oscarbait looking films that actually wasn't Oscarbait and actually felt real instead of shit like Manchester By The Sea which felt like a shitty unrealistic daytime TV soap.

The CGI characters were laughable.

>Someone actually wrote this about a blockbuster profit-driven fan fiction about space wizards

I dunno, slapping a Star Wars logo on a mediocre war movie wasn't enough for me to go watch it.

Absolute shit, even worse than TFA

>a jocund clarion call

stopped reading there

Please actually kill yourself.

>twatter,

this isn't reddit faggot

Boring. No tension, no character. It started okay, but from the rain planet onwards it started getting stupid.

>he hasn't seen it yet