NHL

Describe with one sentence each team of NHL to an italian guy, who knows nothing about hockey and want to learn.

Also give me some good website where I can read articles about NHL

tell me the soccer team you like and ill give you the equivalent nhl team

The Philadelphia Flyers are like Italian body hair: you are born with it and its gross and drives you crazy, but you get used to it in a sadistic sense.

bulju :D

The Canucks. If you want to be hated and laughed at but also be forever let down and kicked in the balls. Canucks Army is a god website.

Who is the team with the crossed swords on the top row?

Toronto maple leafs: Only ontarioans root for them and even then they are
>over the age of 50
>alcoholics
>from southern ontario
or all three

The buffalo sabres.

The most pathetic hockey team in the eastern confrence, they have only been to the finals twice in their 47 year history, and the second time was because the greatest goal tender of all time carried them there, yet they were still so shit they couldn't win it.

This is the same Goal tender, dominik hasek, who won czechslovakia gold medal at the olympics over the 1998 canadian olympic hockey team. He won it in a shoot out. That is how insane he was

Also buffalo is only 1 hour away from toronto, the largest fan base of th eentire nhl, so anytime the leafs play in buffalo the stadium is far, far more filled with leaf fans because the air canada center is also the most expensive NHL arena

Fuck da hawks

Well that's a little underwhelming. What's the name all about and what are the fanbase like?

>los angeles
>chicago
>detroit
aging cup winners with no generation change going on

>boston
aging cup winners who might have a decent generation change going on

>washington
has an elite duo in Ovechkin/Backstrom, but are constant playoff chokers

>NYR
has to win a cup for Lundqvist, but chokes everytime

>nashville
has done great trades. Best defencemen in the league, and a couple of elite forwards

>penguins
has won the last two cups. Probably the best top 6 forwards in the league, led by Crosby and Malkin

>edmonton
was one of the worst teams in the league for years, but then they got McDavid and now they are a cup contender

>anaheim
>calgary
>arizona
>carolina
>minnesota
young promising teams. Arizona and Carolina might relocate

>dallas
>colorado
underperforming teams with star players

>columbus
overperforming team, who made a good trade for Panarin this summer

>buffalo
one of the worst teams, but has a potential elite player in eichel

>montreal
has the best goalie in Price, but lacks true elite players on offence

>winnipeg
has Patrik Laine, who is a great young goalscorer

>vegas
next season will be their first one, has a good goalie

>ottowa
has Karlsson, the best offensive d-man in the league

>florida
>islanders
>san jose
don't know what to write here

>new jersey
has improved this summer

>toronto
good young team with a franchise player in Matthews, cup contender the next years

>philadelphia
>vancouver
they have some exciting prospects

>st. louis
tarasenko and some other players

>tampa
stamkos one the best players in the league, if he is healthy

There is only one other proffesional team in Buffalo, the bills (trust em even more pathetic, they lost four finals IN A ROW), so buffalonians only have those two going for them. It's hard to find any sabre fans outside of buffalo because Buffalo is in new york state, and they have never had a team good enough to band wagon.

Your average buffalo fan is atleast 25 years old, from Buffalo, and generally gives more of a shit of the bills anyways. Still one of the moer humble fan bases.

You looking for a team to root for?

Just interested in the parallels. If I ever tried getting into a north american sport it would definitely be hockey though.

If you decide on a team there are two you CAN NOT be a fan of.

The Anaheim Ducks or the Toronto maple leafs. Don't ask why

why?

Let em tell you why.

First, you have to understand Anaheim. Anaheim is a suburb in los angeles, so 50 kilometres everyway is Kings country. This Leaves Anaheimians a victim complex: they are persecuted the only people who like Anaheim are the people who live there.

In 1994 The Mighy Ducks of Anaheim were ontroduced nto the NHL. Walt Disney decided "you know what would eb the best to way to amrket our shity kids movie? By buying a fucking proffesional sports team and naming it after the movie". SO now you have a team, marketed for kids, who look butt ugly in every way possible, and share a city with a team that just went to the stanly cup finals a year before.

You wanna know they the might ducks were so poular? Because the 1990's, the pinnacle of American consumerism, was most iconized in fucking Los Angeles. Every rich, suburbanite parent who drove a range rover bought season tickets so their snot nose, obese brat little shit kids could go watch "Muh might ducks!!! I luv the ducks!!!! best movie EvA!!!! I Love walt disney? MOMMMMMM CAN WE GET PIZZA HUT AFTER??"

Then, 10 years later, they managed to pull a stanley cup final out of their ass, only because Gigiuere has the bext play off performance of any goalie ever and recieved a guy who scored 76 goals in his rookie season because his previous team collapsed. DOn't worry though, even though they didn't win a cup they still got a nother card in their deck of victim cards. ANy tiem someone mentions the name Scott Stevens they can yell "muh paul kuriya". These stanley cup final also left an already entitled fanbase into believeing they deserved a cup for the next 4 years.

Then, after picking from the same new jersey devils that crushed them, drafting two of the most notorious rat, shit head goons the modern league has seen, and picking up chris pronger, the best defenceman the millenium, they managed to squash the Ottawa senators, including embarrasing them by getting the serieswinning goal an own goal.

Then the Anaheim ducks procced to be play off contenders for the next 10 years because Ryan getzlaf are total shit head, embellishing, diving, rat pricks who's made their entire teams strategy is "can't lose to them if they are too injured to play.

I hate how all of ANaheim is basically the jewish community in terms of victim

I hate how all of their fans are obese amrilards who drive hummers

I hate how Perry and Getzlaf are the two worst thigns to the NHL

I hate how Ducks fans are the most entitled fan base in the western confrence

I can't find one single good thing about them

>greatest goal tender of all time

Patrick Roy never played for the Sabers

You know why any body ever considers Roy or Brodeur over hasek? Because Patrick won four cups and won them with the most legendary Montreal and Colorado teams. If hasek didn't waste his career in buffalo for a decade then he would be the undisputed goat. It's too bad he wasn't french canadian so he could of been scooped up by Montreal or the Nordiques ( who eventualy became colarado).

The Leafs are by far the worst, most obnoxious, most deluded fans in the league. They haven't won anything at all in 50+ years but they always shitpost like they are Canada's saviors and the hottest shit in the league since they tanked for Auston Matthews, an American. Everyone who's into hockey, and I mean everyone, fucking hates the Leafs.

Nashville is a dynasty in the making la

Not as underwhelming as you think. They are in the top five in win percentage all time I think.

ciao rital.
For ragazzi there is only one choice.
>Philadelphia
You'll be right there at home

>chris pronger, the best defenceman the millenium,
That's not Lidstrom

>canes
Got a memecup in 2006. >we can still brag about it too. Attendance is shit because 8 year playoff drought but will probably make the playoffs next year

bjorn is wrong carolina is staying

UTB

NYI - Won 4(4) consecutive cups, only team to ever win that many in a row.

Now, we fucking sucked every year until 2 years ago and now were fucking elite missed the playoffs last season by 1 POINT. year before that we got to the second round but this year were going far. Also John Tavares is the most elite Center in the NHL

pls watch our league - another italian guy

check our asethetic alternate (':
Also, we have stadium issues so they are probably not gonna be worn ever again after next year lol

>only team ever? Hockey did not begin in 1980.

Despite being a Sabres fan I didn't know that. I'm assuming the y-axis is games over/under .500?

Also Hasek didn't play in the NHL until he was like 30 and even then made to sit behind one of the best goalies in the league in Ed Belfor, so he really didn't even start to be an NHL goalie until his early 30s and still managed to pull off a HOF career,
I'm a habs fan and I couldn't help but be in awe on how good Hasek was while eliminating my Habs from the playoffs a few times

I'd say avoid being a fan of the Leafs because they have been shitty for so long and have choked and now they are finally getting good. Like stanley cup in the next couple years good. So if you started liking them now, it would seem like you just jumped on the bandwagon. If they do win a stanley cup in the next two or three years, it would be like becoming a fan of the Red Sox after 2004 - an MLB team that was notorious for choking and not winning a World Series for 86 years. Just my two cents.

Their best player, Auston Matthews, is not quite the next generational talent (that's indisputably Connor McDavid of the Edmonton Oilers), but he's close. And he's an American too.

>dallas
Electric top 2 lines that has been plagued by mediocre defense and >finnish goaltending

>>minnesota
>young promising teams. Arizona and Carolina might relocate
"no"

Roy carried two average Habs teams to cups, Hasek won with two stacked Detroit teams.

>"""""only team ever""""""
>Who are the 1956-1960 Canadiens?
>Who are the 1976-1979 Canadiens?

Roy played his rookie years on a montreal team of bob gainey, naslund, chelios, and claude lemieux

Sure, the 2002 detroit red wigns were the greatest team of all time, but they was largely due to hasek, and the 2008 red wings wasn't as strong as you think it was.

They have BOB

>80's-90's Habs
>legendary

Not the only team ever, but the last team in all of sports to complete this feat. Sadly, the NBA will fuck it over for us because "muh superteams"

They won the cup twice in those years when you had the massive oilers, islanders, flames, and flyers teams. Plus, roy won the cup for them twice, and had one of the best rookie seasons for a goalie in history

I go to school in Buffalo. The Sabres fanbase is near non-existant.

>nashville
>best d-man in league
you talking about Josi?

Erik Karlsson plays for the Snes though

it's easy
blame that bum you got as a GM
I have seen lists of guys you traded away and traded picks for before signing yashin to the stupidest contract of all time. you could have been the redwings of the late 90s and early 00s

No it's goal differental. Which is of course, correlated with winning I don't label things because I make these for my own use.

You lucked out by being good during the 70's were it was a high scoring era. Notice the large spread, teams were either going +200 or -300, with not much in between.

Basically, since then they continued to be an above average team, never the best, just generally good. Oilers and Islanders are still coasting since the dynasties, while Pittsburgh is still negative despite 5 cups.

One GOAT goalie doesn't mean the team is legendary. Roy carried both of those teams hard.

Montreal Canadiens = Juve

obviously talknig about ryan ellis

Do you ever leave campus my dude? The city fucking loves hockey and nearly everyone supports the team. Hockey is by far the most popular sport here. Go to any bar during hockey season and people are decked out in blue and gold

These are both very valid reasons to not root for the Leafs. I would advise picking an American team if you are a foreigner

i've waited so long for this

if Detroit was like your pic it'd actually be more livable

Shorks: it was 3-0