/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

Reimu edition.

Previously on /gg/: How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com
Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LgjgAAkhLs8
vocaroo.com/i/s03Dg255zyd3
youtu.be/dBrRBZy8OTs
youtube.com/watch?v=3uQFLxWvzls
youtu.be/nXWnmJBedMs
youtube.com/watch?v=UDKSYPL6ZR0
youtube.com/watch?v=oNQTZq-MIJU
youtube.com/watch?v=cUPVLs6dWrA
youtube.com/watch?v=SZfc1xVufOU
youtube.com/watch?v=y60lTz_08vM
youtube.com/watch?v=CnwVzcPk8e4
youtu.be/K5GlvqLhcnY?t=5m
youtube.com/watch?v=LoIjU6z9P90
clyp.it/bbs3gojo
youtu.be/v4ZFyEbRnlQ
youtu.be/ItTRsnbCKIE
youtu.be/qWW-ToNpOTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for telecasters are ugly as fuck

Nah. This rustic charm makes this perhaps the ultimate country guitar.

what do you recommend anons, a tele or a jazzmaster? considering i want to play midwest emo

good thing country music is irrelevant

Sales suggest otherwise.

I bought the bass and brought it to class lmao

lol

Anything wrong with Ibanez RGs or can I buy one?

why my dude

They're good. Ibanez has fantastic QC and even their standard RG line plays like a guitar that's punching far above its weight class.

I actually have my eye on the new natural finish RG they just released.

because I'm in town for college anyways and I'm not making two trips

>midwest emo
>consciously calling yourself midwest emo

This is why guitar music is dying. Make something new you homo

I was thinking about how with the decline of rock in chart music, which scenes and demographics are clinging onto guitars.
Latinos seem to still be big into their guitars, proportionally more than in the west.
Also, Worship music. Have you noticed how many guitar rig vids are guys who play worship music, using open chord progressions and heavy use of time-based effects like delay and (often shimmer) reverb?
What other distinctive guitar cliques have you spotted?

>muh charts
Rock is as popular as ever, in total sales. It's declining in percentage of sales because rap is exploding. That's a limitation of charts as a useful tool.

r8/h8

Alright lads, I'm thinking about buying an Epiphone for my first nice guitar.
Custom vs PlusTop Pro, I can't decide which one to go for.

will practicing hitting notes with a slide improve my note hitting on singing directly?

No. I can play slide like a boss and can't sing worth shit.

post some slide playing fella

i followed this 30 minutes through, with both voice and slide
youtube.com/watch?v=LgjgAAkhLs8

Epis are hit or miss. Hardware is shit. The pickups are not good also.
Look for vintage used Greco guitars on reverb. They are pretty good and are in the same price range you are looking for.

Here’s one example

Digging the martin electric duder

this
My pal has one and it plays really well. Plus the headstock doesn't have the ugly epi cancer bumps. Its cooler to own a jap rip off than a real gibson anyway.

Yeah. New Gibsons are not as good as they were up to the late 2000’s

My new Epiphone Bass just arrived today, These new Vintage Pro Thunderbirds are fucking awesome! Pic Related

Post your favorite guitarist's signature model and r8

r8

I don't care what anyone says the Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster is just as good IF NOT BETTER than a Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster.
Sure it deviates from the traditional Jazzmaster tone and sound by having pickups similar to p90's than regular JM pickups but NO ONE FUCKING USES A JAZZMASTER FOR JAZZ.
FACE IT SQUIER IS A GOOD BRAND
Anyone who disagrees with not believing this could easily be a $700 guitar is a fucking idiot.

They are really nice for the dosh. I'd replace the bridge w/ a staytrem but that's just what I've done on all the offsets I've owned

Is the staytrem better than an adjustomatic bridge?
I know the bridges on most jm's are shit but this one comes with a aom bridge

YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT BUT THIS IS WHAT PEAK PERFORMANCE LOOKS LIKE

Who plays classical here?

depends on your personal taste. I like the look and feel of the big barrel rollers over the gibson style teeth. They are compensated for fretboard radius and the posts on the bridge feel a lot more sturdy than those on the gibsons ive owned. The stock bridge on my mustang was absolute shit but it was originally a squire so go figure

Whatever dude, that wasn't the point of my comment.
You didn't answer my question.

nice numbers

>PEAK PERFORMANCE
Nothing is being performed. The act of balancing guitars against a speaker cabinet maybe. In other words... tired of this vague meme.

what do you need?

You may not like it, but this is true: vocaroo.com/i/s03Dg255zyd3

Actually this is.
youtu.be/dBrRBZy8OTs

I don't have a favorite guitarist. So, have a signature model prototype that never made it to production.

i'm playing the harmonic minor like a real bachatero after listening some flamenco

One of my dream guitars. Love me some short scales

>like a real bachatero
Not something i would be proud of

isnt this cool af youtube.com/watch?v=3uQFLxWvzls

This is better.
youtu.be/nXWnmJBedMs

m8 I think I found your youtube channel youtube.com/watch?v=UDKSYPL6ZR0

Lol fat fuck.

Close try, I'm the camera dude

oh ok

But nah mike the dude in the vid wanted to shoot a demo with some of the peavey gear I had gotten (The t40 which I sold to him, and the Booster which I no longer have) cause we're kinda vintage peavey fanatics in a sense. All the gear in this vid is pretty much mine

that's cool

I'm thinking of getting a Peavey Amp stack myself

If you can get some of the 70's era Peavey amps they are pretty damn stellar, My current Peavey Stack is an F-800G (kinda rare) and a 3620 2x10/2x18 cab.

"Special thanks to Andrew Amado for filming and providing literally everything featured in this video. (The bass is mine now, but it used to belong to him.)"
youtube.com/watch?v=oNQTZq-MIJU
lol

/r/ how to get my fingerpicking at this level youtube.com/watch?v=cUPVLs6dWrA

/gg/ has some of the stupidest people. One user posted his name and address sharing a shipping update.

Yeah thats me, and the only video I ever put on youtube haha

Chinese copy. Sorry m8

so u wanna play, this is better youtube.com/watch?v=SZfc1xVufOU

Is the Ibanez Jem just a Steve Vai circlejerk or is it actually a quality guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=y60lTz_08vM

it's a quality guitar that costs twice what it should

youtube.com/watch?v=CnwVzcPk8e4

why it fucint matters here

What DAW should i use for guitar recording? Or it doesn't matter for shit and it all depends on VSTs?

I mean Logic is probably the best value wise and has a decent interface, ProTools if you're actually a pro with recording software. As far as VST's and Plugins go I think Universal Audio has some pretty damn amp sims and classic fx emulations if you can afford it.

Reaper hands down, anything else is a meme

70s-80s peavey stuff rocks. I sold my '78 T-40 last week bc it was too heavy and I was able to sell it for $800

DAMN! $800?! Score for you duder!

motherfucker the rig on the left is the one I always fuckin wanted

I listed it on reverb for $900 and I guess some dad in the Midwest really wanted it bc he had one in the day before it got stolen and was getting nostalgic. Didn't expect it to go for that much at all but got lucky. I made $750 off it too lol. I've been pretty lucky with flipping gear I get from pawnshops for cheap

Got the amp w/ some cash and most of it on a credit card. The cabinet I got last month for $200.

I want to start learning full Iron Maiden songs, I really want to learn three in particular. Is this this correct order of difficulty; hardest to easiest (not counting the solos):

Hallowed Be Thy Name>2 Minutes To Midnight>The Trooper.

Also how long does it take to develop fast down-picking? I've been practicing Master of Puppets for days and still can't maintain the tempo without tiring out. Should I do a particular exercise or just practice the riff?

Start slow and play to a click and build your consistency. Then as you get better up the tempo. Learn to walk before you try to run

practice downstrokes-only to a metronome

This thing nearly looks as stupid as you

Don't ever reply to me or my posts again

Thats ok i dont talk to poofters anyway

what delay should I buy if I want to sound like CAN

5:00 lol glublulbubulblbobollblbasdsddidididii
youtu.be/K5GlvqLhcnY?t=5m

this is good youtube.com/watch?v=LoIjU6z9P90

Lay under a ceiling fan and speed it up, picking when one blade makes a full rotation

Meh. Equivalent to every other YouTube guitarist

most youtube guitarists are tasteless wankers

Timeline came in today, pretty dope pedal

clyp.it/bbs3gojo

Boys, I'm at an impasse. I have good form and can do every technique short of sweeps, but my improvisation is lacking. When jamming I just stick to the trusty pentatonic variants and do single string slides til I find a combination that works, then explore the other strings with various patterns from there. What's the best way to move forward?

>nig music
>from brazil
Sounds about right.

Id fuck her brains out of you get what i mean.

Try throwing the dorian mode in there and play with it till you can transition from pentatonic to dorian and sound fluid.

Led by Rob chapman, the king wanker. I've yet to find a YouTube guitar player that can actually write melodic originals and play tastefully. Andy from tone report is about the only one I can stand, even if he's just playing cover licks.

to me it was ear training and just trying to play stuff outside the tired licks and shapes

>I've yet to find a YouTube guitar player that can actually write melodic originals and play tastefully

1:56 youtu.be/v4ZFyEbRnlQ

youtu.be/ItTRsnbCKIE

3:50 youtu.be/qWW-ToNpOTQ

What are you talking about. You dont play anything besides pentatonic tired played out stuff. Youre literally a copy paste guitar player thats why you always turn down all improv challenges. Because all you do is play licks you memorized from ace frehley.

r8?

Real talk. Are you still a virgin? Have you ever had a gf? Traps dont count.