Daily Alien Covenant Thread

Red band trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=H0VW6sg50Pk

Calling it now, best sci-fi movie of the decade, all decades. Prometheus was awesome (not Ridley's fault people are dumb and did not get it, everything was explained in the movie, there are no plot holes) and I am eager to see if this will be better. It's difficult to judge whether it's another genre entirely, could be Ridley throwing us off, but looks more horror-ish.

What we know:
>The crew of the colony ship Covenant discover what they think is an uncharted paradise, but it is actually a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the synthetic David, survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
>another David-like android named Walter is part of the Covenant crew
>Noomy Rapeface only with a cameo flashback cuz she didn't like working with Fassbender
>movie was re-written from Engineer-centric to Xenomorph-centric
>Engineers are still in it and play a big part, not shown in trailer
>Ridley going back to pure horror
>amazing ship and sci-fi atmosphere
>unparalleled attention to detail

HYPE
Y
P
E

What people are bitching about:
>muuh Engineers not shown in trailer
>it was supposed to be the Engineer Trilogy with no Xenomorphs
>too much action, needs more cerebral exploration (the same people who bitched about lack of action in Prometheus)
>too many aliens, we wanted more engineers (the same people who bitched about lack of aliens and too many engineers in Prometheus)
>it's an Alien remake
>it's a Prometheus remake
>it's not what I wanted
>we did not want another soft reboot waaah

Grow up

Ridley bringing back epic sci-fi like only he can.

>mfw the Prometheus Trilogy w3ill set the standard for sci-fi thrillers and horrors for the next several decades just like Alien did

Well I need to change my pants. Had no clue this movie was even being made and I loved Prometheus when I watched it. Will definitely attend midnight premier. When is the movie supposed to drop?

post her tits

19th of May, so 5 months aww yesss

Leave science fiction to Villeneuve. He is the one who is resurrecting the genre and making it relevant again.

Also, the Aliens franchise is horror. Not science fiction.

Why they aren't wearing any hazmat protection on fresh new discovered planet?

>Sup Forums before trailer: "PROMETHEUS WAS LE SHIT, WHERE'S MUH NEW ALIEN MOVIE? OH SHIT IT'S CALLED ALIEN COVENANT, HOPEFULLY THAT MEANS IT'LL FOCUS ON THE ALIEN!"

>Sup Forums after trailer: "WTF IS THIS WE WANTED A PROMETHEUS SEQUEL SINCE WE LOVED THAT MOVIE SO MUCH, HOW DARE THEY FOCUS SO MUCH ON MAKING IT LIKE ALIEN REEEEEEEEEEEEE"

What did they mean by this?

Prometheus was good. The only thing preventing it from being great was Lindelof's retarded script.

>another David-like android named Walter is part of the Covenant crew
Aw man.
I thought David had somehow managed to repair himself, was curious as to how he did it.
One less reason to see this movie i guess

Too bad the entire movie is based on the script. Even though it excelled in some places it's still based on hot crap.

It's like saying my body is entirely healthy except for the cancer in my spine.

Something can only be true sci-fi if it has a strong political element/message in it. The Alien movies are completely apolitical horror schlock.

Stop fucking acting like Ridley Scott is a master of sci-fi. Or the master of anything for that matter. He's a wildly mediocre film maker that accidentally made a masterpiece with Gladiator.

Ridley has the classic touch. The attention to detail, the sets, the practical effects, that specific style of camera movement, etc.

Cuz they ran tests from the ship and found it has breathable atmosphere? Microscopic ilfe from a different planet can't do shit to you since it's a different evolutionary path, it doesn't have a way to even connect with your cells on any level, it can't infect you.

Realistically you have to be afraid of two things: nanites and spores that can infect the macroscopic stuff like organs, blocking your breathing tubes, for example.

even if the movie turns out to be a disappointment, i know i will enjoy discussing and analyzing the shit out of the alien franchise with you guys.

alien / prometheus threads are always comfy, even with all the negativity

>Walter

why would they fuck up the continuity like this?

>Ash
>Bishop
>Call
>David
>WALTER

fucking why

How will the crew defeat Neomorphs and the Xenomorph that appears later in the film?

So they gave away the entire plot in the trailer.

naw

So why then they didn't think about that? Man it's like some Fireside Girls on a picnic all over again.

I don't disagree that Alien is horror pur sang and Ridley is overrated.
But "it's only 'true' sci-fi if it's political"? Fuck off m8.

Spoilers from test screening:
-Shaw and David arrive in the engineer planet and David proceeds to bomb it with black goo killing all the engineers. He then kills Shaw in his experiments
-Shaws leaves a beacon signal and the Covenant crew descend into the planet
-Some Covenant crew is infected by black goo in spore form and then are attacked ny neomorphs in a forest. David saves them and takes them to the deserted engineer citadel
-David starts killing the Covenant crew for his experiments and Walter(Covenant droid confronts him). David imitates Walter haircut
-Discount Ripley and Mcbride's character defeat the proto xenomorph aboard the Covenant, this one was born from the captain that was facehugger'd(seen in trailer)
-David posing as Walter takes alien embryos and stores the with colonists while the 2 survivors get in cryosleep and head to their original destination

Did Harambe really say that?

You can't please everybody

How does David do anything if he's just a head?

>-Discount Ripley and Mcbride's character defeat the proto xenomorph aboard the Covenant

How?

Most of them will be gone from the Neomorph in the trailer

Listen, Fincher, it is time to let it go, ok?

There is no political element mandatory for sci-fi.

>apolitical
How about the themes of dangerous corporate, you fucking retard

>-David posing as Walter takes alien embryos and stores the with colonists
>colonists
What?

My first thought lol. Maybe he has a nickname?

Naw, we know nothing. Alien attacking the crew has been known since day 1.

We don't know the big plot.

>spoiling what will probably be major deaths in the first fucking trailer

I swear to God normies are worse than Xenomorphs

>no more naomi stomach rape
;_;

It looks like a retread of Prometheus with some Aliens action thrown in. It'll be good probably but I'm disappointed. The shower scene at the end was retarded.

>>Noomy Rapeface only with a cameo flashback cuz she didn't like working with Fassbender
??

the film show Shaw reattaching it with David's help
the trailer shows the scene where Mcbride gives her a gun aboard the Covenant, the proto xenomorph entered it and 1st kills the interracial shower couple
The Covenant is carrying lots of grown colonists and human embryos

I don't believe it. The "super legit" leeks for Prometheus turned out to be shit.

Please stop pretending that Arrival was good sci-fi and anything other than Oscar bait

Their guns are just present day guns, its not enough to kill a xenomorph.

>interracial
didn't look interracial to me

This reeks of normie pandering.

I will enjoy it whatever it is. It's an awesome sci-fi movie, that's all that should matter.

We have become picky and terrible audience. We are killing the sci-fi genre.

Explain how it's Oscar bait.

What's the difference between grown colonists and Discount Ripley and McBride's characters?

Is it Weyland-Yutani yet or still just Weyland.

No engineers in trailer.
Full on xenofest again, original...
Too much action, not enough muh Goo. That was actually interesting.
David is full on psycho now apparently.

Danny McBride is defeats the Xeno in the end.. That chick is Ripley's mom.

This shit is more retarded than Ballbusters.

>Danny McBride is defeats the Xeno in the end
How?

Are you ready for the return of space kino?

>That chick is Ripley's mom.
Please god that would be the dumbest shit.

>there will be THAT scene
>dyke looking on her scifi cellphone, picture of a baby comes up
>"i'll make it home for you........ RIPLEY...."
>audience oohs and aahs, applauds

>Noomy Rapeface only with a cameo flashback cuz she didn't like working with Fassbender
what's this about? first i heard of it.

my two cents: Prometheus didn't deliver. too much suspension of disbelief required to buy into all that shit, even for a space horror film. most of the issues definitely stem from the mediocre screenplay rewrite. it's an okay popcorn flick, at best. then again, so was Alien.

I'm ready for the return of space axes.

He prances around in skimpy panties that cant hold his pubes and shoots it out of an airlock.

Should be just Weyland, still. Prometheus is set in 2093 and Weyland absorbs Yutani in 2099.

All the liberal feels pandering and ham handed anti-xenophobia

Not a Trump supporter at all but it was very clearly made as political pandering

>no plot holes
you had me going for a second there user 8/8

I never troll, senpai.

Also, Merry Christmas!

>That chick is Ripley's mom.

Entirely possible. Can they do something will alien rape? The shower scene made me think of that. Something something Ripley's mother passes her Alien genes thus predetermining her entire life, etc.

The feels pandering wasn't remotely liberal.
And I'm a Trump supporter.

Hey I have that one.
Revoltech isnt it

>too retarded to understand the movie
>supports Trump

That explains it

WHY DIDN'T THEY SHOW THE FUCKING XENOMORPH? IS IT SOME TRYHARD DESIGN AND STICKING TO THE ORIGINAL?

Aye

Say what you will, but the shower tail scene is creeping me out.

none of Ridley's films have been loyal to the script

Guess you'll have to wait and see user. They're clearly going for a rehash of the original design based on the shower scene but I don't think there'll be much for the Giger fans to enjoy in this movie.

8 years

AND NOT*

>Weyland-Yutani
>not Walmart-Yutani

shit.

delete this.

>The Alien movies are completely apolitical horror schlock.
in the Alien franchise, late-stage capitalism is the *real* monster

>Prometheus not horrible
Sup Forums contrarians, everyone

How will two people beat it?

Those two don't seem to be a part of the crew, what's stopping the ayylmao from killing a ton of them?

>not Leyland-Toyota

You forgot the sex scene

So is there ever gonna be one of these where they stumble upon this shit and just blow it up right away?
Instead of "Oh foreign lifeform I've never seen, let me get close and touch it"

The Ripley's mom rumor isn't true

>Also, the Aliens franchise is horror. Not science fiction.

Prometheus begs to differ

and this seems like an Alien movie in name only

I expect everyone to die desu

Nope, we are naturally curios.

Trump will prob get impeached senpai stop spreading this gay Sup Forums meme

you know what I'm hyped as fuck, haters can go kill themselves. I am hungry for quality sci-fi, I don;t give a fuck if there are engineers or not.

Why are they using cgi for his back? it looks so bad

>daily thread

go fuck youselves you fucking reddit tier piece of shits, fuck off to reddit to endlessly talk about fucking something cocksuckers.

it looks fine and it's a 2 sec scene, stop nitpicking nigger

her first name is Ellen normie get out reeeeeeeeeee

>he doesn't know about the daily prometheus threads we had

shows who the newly arrived redditor is, kek

>well Ridley, Prometheus was shit because that little faggot Lindolf you hired fucked it up
>alright alright, I got this don't worry
>how about we just remake Prometheus almost beat for beat, but remove most of the shitty Lindolf stuff and throw an Alien in there instead of an Engineer at the end
>BRAVO RIDLEY BRAVO

Looks fucking garbage, although it can't possibly be shittier than Prometheus.

is this a shill thread?

Fuck off, idiot

it's a r3ddit h0neypot, hello r3ddit

Sauce

I really want some top quality actors. We had Assbender, Charlize and that black dude in Prometheus, now we have only Assbender.

So how exactly the fuck does David kill off all the engineers on the planet with the black goo? You'd think they would have some kind of defense against that kind of thing. Also i doubt this is the actual engineer homeworld. There are no cities or anything. And with them being so ancient and technologically advanced they're probably scattered throughout the universe and further.

im convinced Mr. Eko is a shill

1. Engineers appear only as fossils, they lost their entire civilization, none are alive. Noomi kills herself in a flashback after she understands that the Engineer in Prometheus was the last of its kind and she killed him.

2. Everything else is a remake of Alien

3. The Xenomorph has a human-like head

oh we have quality actors alright

here's the plot revealed

>usual retarded crew (android,black guy, casual bitch, female protagonist, some other cinema stereotype) get to planet
>someone get infected in some stupid way
>back to the ship
>things go horribly wrong, a massacre
>everyone dead except the female main char. and maybe the android

gg ridley so much creativity, so original i am speechless.

Engineers are long dead nigga. They are gone. If you look at the leeked set images, you can see only dead ones.

I just want to see one where they do everything right and it still goes wrong.

>find lifeforms of alien origin
>high-tail it the hell out of there
>send a specialized crew of scientists to deal with it, freeze it, study it etc

Or better yet, find a way to circumvent the entire "stumbling upon it" part. Next time let the aliens stumble upon humans for once.

He has been on Sup Forums for 10 years, has he always been a shill?

Why wasn't he in the trailer?

Scene descriptions from people who have seen clips:

>The scene opens on Danny McBride communicating from The Covenant in orbit to the recon team onboard. “Are we talking quarantine protocoals?" he says, as we cut to the planet surface, where shit has obviously gone wrong. Something has happened to one of the crew members (which is likely a result of the black spores that someone steps on in the trailer), a man who appears infected. His skin is pale and breathing labored. Two of the other crew members, played by Carmen Ejogo and Amy Seimetz, are carrying the man back to the dropship, which is docked in a grassy field. The atmosphere is dark, the clouds stormy, the area windy. It looks foreboding.

>Outside the ship, the infected man pukes up some black goo and everyone freaks out (I mean, who wouldn't?) But, they bring him aboard the shuttle regardless, seeing as Charlize Theron isn't there with a blowtorch this time. Ejogo takes him into the medbay and starts to strip him down. The infected man is freaking out, but never says a word, too focused on what's going on...inside his body

>We then cut to another part of the planet's surface where Billy Crudup is with another team of explorers who are heading back to the dropship. They've got an infected man as well and are also heading back to the dropship. It's obvious things have gone very wrong since that initial approach to the planet and this is the first moment when these explorers are about to see what they've gotten themselves into.

Cont.

>Prometheus was awesome (not Ridley's fault people are dumb and did not get it, everything was explained in the movie, there are no plot holes)
Good joke, mate.
The problem with Prometheus is not plot holes. The problem is that the movie is horribly dumb. As the vast majority of its characters.

>You'd think they would have some kind of defense against that kind of thing.

if they had defences for them, they would keep it on their homeplanet instead of stashing them away on dead and barren planets or moons

they know how potent it is, so they keep that shit far away as they can

the based black mane explained this in Prometheus, remember?