Great Gun Grab of 2016

People who think that some guns should be legal (like the AR-15), where and how do you draw the line? You don't think that every weapon should be legal right?
>pic related, is not legal for civilian use

Other urls found in this thread:

mining.com/fifty-killed-in-a-knife-attack-at-a-chinese-colliery/
bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367?SThisFB
milweb.net/classifieds/view_large.php?ad=81051&cat=6
keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2314
nytimes.com/2016/06/18/us/politics/gun-control-mass-shootings-orlando-susan-collins.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let it happen my man, it fuels the flame of the collapse of Civilization. We're marching towards Tribalism, there is no political solution, the laws here today won't be around in five years, the concept of Statism in all it's forms will be gone.

You talk like a faggot

>not legal for civilian use

Why not?

Seems like hours of fun.

I draw the line at "bearable" weapons. No one else seems to agree, which is fair enough. And no that doesn't include what the government refers to as "Destructive devices" i.e. explosives.

Also you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.

There should definitely be a mandatory background check for light artillery.

now that i go back and reread that it looks like a reddit post - just answer the fucking question.

People who want guns in the hands of civilians are stupid.

all semi autos should be banned. These guns can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. They're people killing machines.

make full auto weapons legal

bump NFA regulations up to RPGs, mines, grenades, etc

someone could literally take out an entire building with one of those things - easily

SHALL

is that what you did in sudan - how did that work out for you? when was the last day you guys went without some warlord kidnapping 500 kids or blowing up a market in your stupid civil war

you must be one of the few non arab swedes left - of course you're cucked

>You don't think that every weapon should be legal right?
heh

>ban fertilizer

i'm a deployed burger buddy calm down

Guess again, cakeboy.

mining.com/fifty-killed-in-a-knife-attack-at-a-chinese-colliery/
Fifty killed with a knife

bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367?SThisFB
29 dead 130 injured with a knife

Take away guns and they will just use another weapon with just as much success. You are a fucking idiot if you think a gun ban will stop crime or mass killings

Only guns that are both exceptionally dangerous and rare. This is what Scalia said in Heller. The most popular rifle in America certainly does not count.

>ban fertilizer
see this is why i don't understand where to draw the line because you can use anything to kill someone

i don't support gun control - but i don't want people owning howitzers or tanks or nukes either so where do you logically draw the line without some contrived cop out

this it will only lead to a rise in brutal deaths that will be even more shocking

what defines exceptionally dangerous? Some stupid liberal would say a butter knife is and then we end up like the uk

If you can afford a howitzer you should be able to own a howitzer. You already can too be the way.

>pic related, is not legal for civilian use
If you can find a seller the only requirement to own that artillery piece is a 200 dollar tax stamp from the BATFE for a destructive device. If you want to fire anything other than solid training rounds it'll be an additional 200 dollar tax stamp for every round of ammunition containing over a quarter ounce of explosive. So it's actually entirely legal for civilian use and you don't seem to have the background of knowledge require to speak on the subject which makes me wonder what compelled you to do so.

You're a fucking halfwit.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bGczFQIOc

The military should only be allowed to use what civilians are allowed to use, not the other way around friend.

fine whatever an f-22 or nuke i don't give a fuck there are illegal weapons you strawman twat

Varying amounts of paperwork and testing should enable a citizen to get any piece of military hardware they can afford. Just like the current situation.

> Can't believe I'm going to write this:
> I love the ATF.
>

u wot m8
milweb.net/classifieds/view_large.php?ad=81051&cat=6

Shot and stabbed?

Yeah ill take murrica. Where we only get shot OR stabbed. Not both.

Yes it is.

>i don't want people owning howitzers or tanks or nukes either so where do you logically draw the line without some contrived cop out
You could consider not being a little bitch. keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2314

Or, you know, just do what everyone else does and invent contrived justifications to ban the things you don't like. (A common approach is to claim that your back-of-the-envelope cost-benefit analysis permits the things you like and prohibits the things you don't.). Or, seeing as how you're never going to be in a position where having a justification for your beliefs will make a meaningful policy difference, give up on having justification and just say that you think M240Bs ought to be legal because you like them and Sherman tanks ought to be illegal because you don't like them.

I don't know. "Tell me what to think" is not a good look.

you can buy an m777???
also what about actually illegal weapons if im wrong about that one

Way to move the goal posts and continue to demonstrate you're an ignorant faggot.

What do you think about all the nuclear physicists who know how to build Nuclear Weaponry?

Because they have the knowledge and access to Giga funding necessary to get Nuclear Weapons built.

Why are you not crying like a little bitch over their control over the life and death of the planet?

Why instead complain about civilians with every shittier rifles trying to hand on to a shred of parity with the government?

You do like violence and killing, don't you?

You like it when it comes with a government seal of approval.

Or you need to get your priorities straight quickly. (The government has real machine guns too, user. Aren't you sacred of them using them on pitiful niggers and such?)

just correcting my mistake about the howitzer senpai

Fertilizer can be used to grow food to feed people, you can't feed people with an altilery piece.

what are you going on about?

Thank you for your service

Scalia said "dangerous and rare" which definitely means both coming from him. Butter knives aren't rare or dangerous, obviously.

If you can find a seller, I don't know if there are any in private hands in the US but there's no legal barrier to ownership and there are plenty of comparable pieces in private hands. I also can't think of a single weapon that is explicitly illegal for civilians to own. Even nuclear weapons are assembled and disassembled by private corporations. Hypothetically an incredibly rich individual could obtain all the regulatory permitting to own a nuclear weapon although realistically it won't happen.

so the qualification is
>can feed people

so what are there no illegal weapons or something
is the entire premise of my question flawed?

>you can't feed people with an altilery piece.
You can if you're sufficiently accurate and willing to experiment with your loadings a bit.

Your welcome.

I do need to ask for a favor though, or some info, it really seems like they REALLY are trying to push for the gungrab this time. Is that what the average person thinks?

I havent been stateside in like 5 months everything I've heard about Orlando is either on the radio or internet

>so what are there no illegal weapons or something
Nothing's illegal if you're an Arab oil sheik with a Swiss bank account.

F O R M A L I S M W I L L W I N

Those that defend carrying a gun around - any type of gun - are not right in the head.

The point of the 2nd Amendment isn't to "feed people"; it's to defend against the government, and an artillery piece handles that nicely.

The dispute is whether it can be considered a firearm and falls under such a jurisdiction.

still seems like a flimsy subjective standard to me from a philosophical perspective of what should and shouldn't be allowed - obviously for all practical purposes it works for now

as long as it isnt prohibited by international laws or treaties

Some republicans have warmed up to the idea. It's a travesty.

Howitzer's aren't illegal.

Explosive rounds are but not the gun itself.

international laws are the stupidest things on earth
no one follows them unless they want to because there's no enforcement besides a stern look and a slap on the wrist- and that's if you're syria.

okay so why are explosive rounds illegal

Jesus, what are they pushing for? An all out ban? I saw the "ban the AR" petition but thats okay I'm a M1 and AK guy myself but damn... guess they really are fucking going for it.

All over some raghead shithead who hated gays. Where I am, right now, they put tires around gay men and set them on fire, in the name of Islam

Depends how you define illegal. If you mean explicitly barred from civilian ownership under all circumstances then no I don't know of a single thing including weapons of mass destruction that are explicitly barred from being owned by anyone except the government in the US. If by illegal you mean "extremely hard to get and requires a massive amount of paperwork and money that puts it out of the reach of pretty much any individual and most corporations" then you're looking at things like weapons of mass destruction and heavy munitions.

They aren't.

And his shit's all retarded.

>Where I am, right now, they put tires around gay men and set them on fire, in the name of Islam
Well why don't they just ban tires?!? Seems like a no brainer to me.

In all honesty the main probably legislation is a ban on purchasing these guns if you're on a terrorist watch list, not a full out ban YET (although a bunch of people are saying they should ban it outright).
nytimes.com/2016/06/18/us/politics/gun-control-mass-shootings-orlando-susan-collins.html

implying thats not what guns are used for

some other guy just said they were

Hey I was on that gun

Jesus christ. Thanks based user.

The NYDaily News is trash though, I only read the post.

He's wrong. An explosive round containing over a quarter ounce of explosive needs the same 200 dollar tax stamp as the gun but is entirely legal.

okay. so when people talk about things like voter id laws and poll taxes, these restrictions and hoops are considered hindrances to your right to vote. how are "massive amounts" of paperwork and money not unconstitutional hindrances to the right to bear arms?

Hey Sudan bro - we meet again. I have thought up some stories to tell tonight. Gonna green text on PC later and poast

and who decides who's on the terrorist watchlist?
Hell, who defines terrorist?

Think we need to legalize howitzers.

I support a full ban on assault niggers.

Hell yeah bro - but you're gonna need a team of dudes to run that thing, 155 rounds, and a bunch of fuzes

Because the gun grabbers won m8

What up dawgy dawg

Sweet. Bored out of my mind in this fucking desert.

No nukes over 5 megatons. That's where the line should be drawn.
No one needs a 20 Megaton nuclear warhead

So for those of you saying how basically every weapon is legal in some sense, what about state arms bans? isn't california really anti-gun?

I want guns o be outlawed just so it causes a war, but first I need to work some shitty job until I can afford to stockpile a decent rifle and tonsa ammo.

I'm thinking I need to drop the 3k$ SCAR and just get an AR-15, that will move my time table up by an incredible amount, but the AR-15 isn't as cool.

It think it's all a ploy to de-lethalize America. Without guns we can't revolt

I feel like I'm the only one saying it, but I don't think price hikes have been tried.

Glad you made it another day broseefus

if you have the money you can buy a howitzer, just need a stamp

Only 1 IED today my friend!

Literally any weapon that the government can wield in our names, we should be able to own. Provided we can pay for it.

i don't think theres actually a law against owning an artillery piece its just defense contractors aren't allowed to sell their equipment to anyone without the DoD's approval

all things considered, a howitzer is technically a single shot rifle.

It might have been a cop out, to tell you the truth. I basically interpret Scalia as saying everything legal and widely used now is definitely legal. It obviously isn't a standard that can be easily applied in the future for new types of weapons.

The hard part for gun rights now is getting courts to uphold the ruling. One district actually ruled assault weapons could be banned because people were afraid of them. The Supreme Court declined to review the case.

They are. There's an obvious double standard when it comes to the second amendment. Also in this case a massive amount of paperwork is literally massive and subject to government approval.

I should also say I'm not advocating for private ownership of WMDs because that's incredibly absurd since they're purely strategic weapons and I also don't think that any state should maintain biological or chemical weapons. It is however worth noting that the concept of an "illegal weapon" doesn't really exist.

I'm sorry, I wasn't even talking regarding to that I just wanted to compare Fertilizer ban to altilery ban. Obviousely there has to be a line and I think it should be set on semiautomatic assault rifles/ single action sniper rifles below .50. Anything more military than that (full auto,. 50)and we are having a problem. Still I don't know how to implement it with what the 2nd ammendment says.

I FUCKIN DO
F U
you have freedom and want to give it up
are u retarded
desecrating memories on the founding fathers
filth

Hey there, Sudanburger. Quick question
Do you know anything about what happened at the border with Ethiopia a couple of weeks ago? I saw big causality numbers

I don't draw a line at all. The one thing I have learned about the left, is they will nickel and dime you to death on anything. Concessions only embolden them, you'll soon find yourself redrawing that line another dozen times.

You can't have a well regulated militia if everyone's only got hunting rifles and pistols.

It actually is legal with proper paperwork in most states.

>Where do you draw the line
Indiscriminate weapons, really. E.g., an artillery piece can be aimed to some degree of accuracy as could a flamethrower. A pipe bomb for the sake of self defensive is rather hard to explain. Or to make it even more absurd, owning something like a vial of smallpox for self defense.

But you can own a tank

Founding fathers? You're in fucking croatia. Don't lecture me. unless you're a proxyfag you should go back to letting 'refugees' like ahmed (age 10, pic related) trample all over zagreb

Why's that marine have an unloaded pistol in a retention holster

Im fckin lecturing u cause we dont have freedom and u do and u want to get rid of it
R U RETARDED?!

>Thinking artillery pieces are illegal for civilians

Nig, people have fully functioning WW2 anti-tank guns. You can go to specialty auction sites and buy fully functioning tanks.

Difference is; Non-functioning weapons/tanks are considered collectors pieces, no registration, besides maybe a license plate for your tank.

Dully functioning cannons/artillery/anti-tank guns and tanks need to be registered as Destructive Devices.

Some states Destructive Devices are illegal for civilian ownership, but most it is 100% legal.

Lol, oh god, that place is FUCKED.

Typical African warring bullshit. Without saying TOO much, its becoming more and more obvious that it will fall apart into a humans rights crisis that will rivals Sudans. The Eritreans have really stepped up in the human-rights-abuses department.

The Eritrea government is under heavy scrutiny and their people HATE them, so a lot of people think of the shelling/border skirmishes as more of a distraction from an impending revolution. But it will just be another failed state eventually. Rampant rapes, which here is used as a weapon of war, child soldiers, etc... we aren't really allowed anywhere close to places with child soldiers (the US government doesn't want us killing kids/many soldiers just wouldn't do it.)

It is very sad, because Ethiopia is a beautiful country with very nice people, and they will be pulled into this shit.

Just in case anyone was confused on this subject FYI

>Second Amendment
Written and intended by the Constitution (a living document) to provide the citizenry of the US the ability to defend themselves with the best military equivalent available. Period.

>Also:
Nobody in the military uses fully automatic anything aside from the M249, .50 Barrett, Mark7, and M240B. Two of these are crew serve weapons and require multiple people to operate properly and safely.

Individual service weapons are at maximum, three round burst (some exceptions in SOCOM units due to weapon choice being open).
When you see people unloading tons of rounds it's because they have the weapon on three round burst and they are quickly pulling the trigger.

Full auto is rarely used in the military because it:
>wasted ammunition
>is inaccurate
>damages the barrel of the weapon due to excessive heat

I assume ammo is hard to get?