If you like any of the albums on this chart...

If you like any of the albums on this chart, you are Plebeian Garbage and you need to get better taste or go back to indieheads.

I disagree but I have to listen to those quads

quads dont lie I cant like kanye anymore

sorry ye

I wish I was contrarian enough to get quads

>chart is accurate
>quads reinforces chart
OP has won.

>literally the best daft punk album

Agreed 100%. I want my autistic, elitist Sup Forums back.

Discovery isn't on there, though.

Daft Punk is already mediocre but RAM is just dogshit.

I would defend 4-5 of those as being ok/pretty good

It's not fucking contrarian you fucking redditor

They're all fucking garbage but go ahead, explain which ones

Now you're just being a REAL pleb.

Daft Punk is the epitome of pleb, a group that took a genre filled with creativity for a previous decade and dumbing it down and filling with dipshit pop hooks so white teenagers in america will like it

People who refuse to see the good in an album because it's "mainstream" or whatever are much worse than the most naive of plebs.

You need to listen to some actually horrible music, your gauge is off.

There are good mainstream albums. Syro is a good album. Benji/Universal Themes are good albums. Jessy Lanza certainly has her moments.

But the OP albums? They're fucking terrible.

How the h*ck is deerhunter garbage

It's textbook generic indie rock. If they weren't on 4AD and if the lead singer wasn't big friends with Ryan Schreiber/Pitchfork, they would have been forgotten 10 years ago.

Atrocity Exhibition is unironically good
Two or three really stellar instrumentals, Danny's lyrically more creative than on XXX

Blond has a few sensitive moments and several really strong instrumentals, ultimately it's just ok but definitely has redeeming qualities

TPaB and GKMC both have moments that are pretty good or just good, but suffer from bloat to the point where each one is half good at best
For instance, the cinematic ideas on GKMC are decent, but not as interesting or well-explored as they could have been, and a lot of instrumentals are rather bland
TPaB has a few really excellent instrumentals, and while I don't have any strong feelings on the political message itself, it's sloppily implemented and detracts from the album. Overall, both are probably 6/10s, GKMC barely so

And Yeezus is fun. I won't defend it, but it's fun. I like it.

How is Sun Kil Moon mainstream?

The only one I like is Yeezus, but I can live without out, it's not like I listen to it all the time.

This is some of the worst music writing I've ever written.

You can practically see the pale white teenager typing all these uninformed and completely invaluable opinions.
So wait, you're trying to defend mass culture? You think things explicitly dumbed down for mass appeal are good? You weren't using mainstream in terms of "generally accepted as good" but instead things that even the mentally retarded accept?
fucking wew

>Leave for liking something I don’t
Pathetic.

>implying I'm gonna put essay-level effort into a 100-word shitpost
Fuck off man, those are perfectly reasonable defenses. If you don't like the albums that's fine, but they're completely defensible.

I challenge you to defend any of the Plebeian Garbage depicted in OP

Are you retarded?

>I like it becuz i lik it
>it's ok but good i think
>it's half good but good
Fuck off kid.

>calling something half good or ok is somehow not in opposition of it being complete garbage
Are you straight retarded or what? That was what my first post said, they're ok or pretty good

It was a typo.

You think that's good criticism you fucking retard?
Read some good reviewers or graduate high school before posting, kid.

>If you like any of the albums on this chart, you are Plebeian Garbage and you need to get better taste or go back to indieheads
Ah, sorry, didn't realize I was debating a master critic

stop cyber bullying

why are you so mean

Thanks y'all but it's ok, it's just tard rage
Better he gets it out here, where nobody actually gets hurt

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that thesis statements had to be 5 paragraphs long. I thought they had to be one fucking sentence.
Because it's fucking Sup Forums you fucking children, go back to indieheads.

Every single sentence I typed had more evidence than the entirety of what you've sperged out into this thread
Explain in detail why every album I liked is bad
Except Yeezus, because I agree

You need to add this to the chart.

>plebeian garbage
>literally all the albums with more than a 9 on p4k

Awful thread. Please all of you die.

Atrocity Exhibition brings nothing new to the table, it's just aping Death Grips. The last thing we need is more corny bullshit like Danny Brown.

Frank Ocean is king of pretension, image over music. He does not write any music but instead just rides along looking like a "sadboy" for white teens to cry with.

Kendrick Lamar is a fraud who took the money and ran the first second he could. He employs just as many collaborators as Kanye but ask white kids and they'll think he's "real."

I like a few songs from a few of those albums, but for the most part, yeah those are all meh.

>Daft Punk what happened to you?

Factually wrong, graduate before posting here kid.
Yeah but this is just the past decade chart.
I would add some other stuff like Yo La Tengo and Arcade Fire otherwise.

>factually wrong
Wrong in what? The fact that you p4k favorite albums from this decade? Good work at being a contrarian faggot
Faggot

Thundercat didn't get over a 9.
FKA Twigs didn't.

bad troll is bad

K

Good fucking argument teenager, now fuck off to indieheads

I don't give a fuck about the score it still had a high score and are p4k favorites

But you were factually wrong and also seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of P4k, teenager.

Wow. I invalidate this chart with nothing.

this is 100% the truth
daft punk is lauded as one of the best electronic artists primarily by plebs and normies

i havent contested a single point.
i am invincible to your troll
stop shitting up the board

Shitting up the board are pitchfork plebs like you, kid.

it is reasonable to assume that anything popular is simplistic and shit because this is the case 95% of the time
now be quiet you poptimistic faggot

I guarantee you've never listened to any of those albums and just picked them to get attention for being an obnoxious contrarian.

As a long time lurker I will say a good amount of niggas on here are contrarian and Idk what their end goal is.

>all slightly experimental hip hop is ripping off death grips
AE sounds absolutely nothing like anything DG has ever done, what the fuck are you talking about? It's a largely relaxed, atmospheric album, with one or two "bangers" that definitely have a lot more nuance and creativity than the normies giving it a bad rap would notice.

And for Frank Ocean and Kendrick, so what? I never claimed they were "real" or hardcore, just that Blond, TPaB, and GKMC were pretty good. Any one of them is better than any Kanye album except maybe TCD.
Blond has some very nice singing on some tracks, an unusual amount of musical patience for something of its type, and a rather interesting use of field recordings, ambient, and a bit of noise towards the end, making for a much more rewarding listen than you give it credit for.
Both Kendrick albums make very interesting use of samples, in addition to great rapping on at least half the songs. Now knowing your retarded arguments, yes I said HALF good, they aren't THAT good, but they're at least ok, definitely not garbage. I'm not claiming they're masterpieces or even necessarily better than 6/10.

Now fuck off, I'm going to dinner.

I dont even listen to music, ignorant slave.

>I'm not claiming they're masterpieces or even necessarily better than 6/10.
So they belong on a Plebeian Garbage chart.

Jesus you must be great at parties

Jesus you must have shit taste

>good albums should be ignored or despised for not being great

6/10 is not good.

begone troll

5/10 is a neutral rating where the good and bad are more or less balanced, dipshit
6/10 is ok

Remove Sufjan Stevens

You said nothing of substance in this entire write-up

This is what someone says after they have realized how much of a fucking idiot peabrain they are.

What a warped rating system you have going on. Surely you don't actually think this, right?

6/10 is an overall positive rating.

>it's not contrarian
>your opinions just come from a place i don't like

what did he mean by this

>because this is the case 95%

that's not an assumption that's a presumption

both are still opinions

I liked Two Weeks on that FKA Twings album, do it have to stop listening to it now because of these quads?

Yes

I feel like you just don’t like hip-hop

OP is probably a metalhead who calls others soyboys

holy shit for a second I was taking you seriously and then I read this comment

>atrocity exhibition is aping death grips
oh my god abrasive beats in hip hop only Le Grips are allowed to do that
If you took the vocals out of atrocity exhibition, it wouldn't sound at all like any death grips album.

>Frank Ocean is the king of pretension
Dude, have you actually listened to Blonde? More than once? White Ferrari, Nights and Siegfried are incredibly produced tracks that his voice complements perfectly. Which is, you know, the job of a good R&B singer. I'm guessing you don't actually listen to R&B, though, so how the hell would you know

>Kendrick Lamar is a fraud
ahahahahahaha

6/10 is slightly above average
Not good. Good is at least a 7

jesus this is accurate

if i showed this to my friends they'd probably be annoyed at me bc this is pretty much their listening pool

You rate music how IGN rates games.

>Yeezus
>Acid Rap
>TPAB
>Blonde
>Drunk

Alright buddy, I'm mad. You got me.

Stop arguing with these people
They are all retarded contrarians
They will do anything to disagree and feel superior
Just ignore them and let them fester in their shit taste

Dark Green: Loved
Light: Liked
Yellow: Meh
Orange: Weak
Red box: Least favorite
Blue box: Favorite.

wtf i love indieheads now
op get the stick outta your ass and post your ultra patrician chart

fuck off james bond

It's a goddamn fact that 6/10 is only slightly above average
Shut up redditor
>hasn't listened to basic fucking music
fuck off to leddit
pic

>Doesn't have an interest in certain albums therefore doesn't listen to them.
Sue me.

I'm sure your taste is definitely comparable to mine. ;)

goddamn this chart is rly good esp EOTB

wtf i love mallgoths now

this one is still better

Holy shit this was probably the most effective bait I've ever seen on Sup Forums. You got these kids riled. Congrats OP, I hope you're enjoying the shitstorm you created.

You are the worst type of person. Don't you feel small in your little uncomfortable world?

Carrie and Lowell is literally the perfect folk pop album. Remove yourself from the gene pool

damn. i liked a couple on here, but those fucking quads ://///