The english actor feels with 85 years allegedly nothing else than reluctance for the Jedi Obi Wan Kenobi

>The english actor feels with 85 years allegedly nothing else than reluctance for the Jedi Obi Wan Kenobi.
"I shrink into myself whenever someone mentions "Star wars" in front of me", complains Alec Guinnes in an intverview
with the US-Magazin "Talk". He is also personally responsible for the death of the wise jedi-master.
Guinness had therefore absolutely to get out of the space operation
"I simply had no desire to speak these terribly banal texts", he said.

Wow, what an asshole

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/celebrity-news/101512/Fortune-is-strong-with-Alec-s-estate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To be fair George's scripts are pretty bad

Wtf, I hate Ben Kenobi now

Tbf bridge over the river kwai was better

He was a good friend.

I don't give a fuck if it's a bad role, that's just being an absolute fucking asshole.

Those people paid him, he took the money, did his job. He doesn't get to shittalk them after.

Reminder he made a little boy cry after the boy spoke to him about Star Wars

He didn't make the boy do anything

>“A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy. I shrivel inside each time it is mentioned. Twenty years ago, when the film was first shown, it had a freshness, also a sense of moral good and fun. Then I began to be uneasy at the influence it might be having. The bad penny first dropped in San Francisco when a sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. His elegant mother nodded with approval. Looking into the boys eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guess that one day they would explode.

>‘I would love for you to do something for me,’ I said.

>“Anything! Anything!’ the boy said rapturously.

>‘You won’t like what I’m going to ask you to do.’ I said.

>‘Anything, sir, anything!’

>‘Well,’ I said, ‘do you think you could actually fucking kill yourself, you little prancing faggot?’

>He bursts into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. ‘What a dreadful thing to say to a child!’ she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities.”

Honestly though, I thought that was a bit far.

Why did this cunt think movies are supposed to be some godly high art form. Fucking fruit

remember how you worked for a year at McDonalds, they paid, you did your job?

yes you are entitled to talk shit about it afterwards you fucknig retard.

wasn't true
tho the guy on that site never actually posted his autographed picture which is kinda suspect

wow what the fuck

Loving these sources

He was trying to save that kid. He didn't go far enough.

>>‘Well,’ I said, ‘do you think you could actually fucking kill yourself, you little prancing faggot?’

Holy shit. Was Alec Guinness, dare I say, /ourguy/?

If he hated the script, then why did he take the role?

Lucas begged him.

Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I was one of the most respected actors in the world, performing in renowned films such as Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Bridge on the River Kwai and A Passage to India? I even got an Oscar and a Knighthood in recognition for my talent and excellence. Then, while I was between shooting masterpieces with David Lean, a nerd named George Lucas begged me to play a samurai wizard from space in his sci-fi/fantasy flick. I took it to be nice, even though it meant saying lines such as "Only a master of evil Darth". Somehow, despite Lucas's bungling, it was a huge success and he roped me into appearing in the two equally idiotic sequels. I didn’t want to, but my code of honor as British gentleman and an actor prevented me from leaving a project unfinished. Now that's those movies are the only thing people remember me for. When you search my name on Google Images, the first result is from a website called “Wookiepedia”. My legacy is ruined forever thanks to Lucas. He was a bad friend.

>le actor thinks hes smart meme

holy shit his job is literally reading words someone else wrote

How the fuck do you shrink into yourself?
This nigga thinks he's a black hole or some shit, got some goddamn Star Wars PTSD right there

>remember how you worked for a year at McDonalds, they paid, you did your job?
Yeah I worked there for a summer when I was 17. I was happy to be given a steady job as a fuck head teenager when the economy went to shit.

It wasn't GREAT work but it was something I could put on a resume.

>pite Lucas's bungling, it was a huge success and he roped me into appearing in the two equally idiotic sequels. I didn’t want to, but my code of honor as British gentleman and an actor prevented me from leaving a project unfinished. Now that's those movies are the only thing people remember me for. When you search my name on Google Images, the first result is from a website called “Wookiepedia”.
Every time

ABSOLUTE BASED

Typical whiny faggot englishman.

I haven't read the whole thread, did anyone pick up on the fact that this is in Google Translatese?

Alec Guinness already had a resume.

>Earned $56m from Star Wars due to contract clause entitling him to 2% of all earnings
>Still acts like an asshole even though he knew his family will be forever rich off it

He was not a good friend

express.co.uk/celebrity-news/101512/Fortune-is-strong-with-Alec-s-estate

kek/10

what a lucky cunt

So what? He obviously regrets, creatively, being a part of such pleb shit.

he was a good friend

And clearly that Resume wasn't doing him wonders as he had to take an offer for the "Biggest B-Movie of all time."

Apparently he was really good at motivating the younger guys to do the best job they could, and worked hard to make the best movie possible, even though he didn't like the script much.
He even supposedly bought beers for everyone when they wrapped up to celebrate with them.
Cool guy.

To be fair, it was a terrible film, saved in the edit. The dialogue in particular is atrocious. It is padded with extended SFX scenes to make up for the lack of story coverage.

Guinness was spot the fuck on.

Imagine that out of all the things you accomplished in life, you will be forever remembered as "that guy who worked at McDonalds."

That's what Star Wars did to Sir Guinness.

I saw Alec Guinnes at a grocery store in Liverpool yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

go back reddit

He's right though. The film was by all accounts a disaster until Lucas' wife did a last minute re-edit and saved the movie. She then proceeded to cuck him with a handyman and take all of George's money.

To be fair in both Passage to India and Lawrence he played a one dimensional eccentric character because of his face.

I didn't know he went to film school with Sam Raimi.

lmao

He was a good actor.

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see 2001 again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of [...]"

- Alec Guinness