Anyone else think watching baseball is super comfy even though you know nothing about it or its players besides playing...

Anyone else think watching baseball is super comfy even though you know nothing about it or its players besides playing when you were younger? I don't give a shit about the stats or who wins, it's just really comfy to have on.

No

ye

comfy is autist speak for boring 2bqh

I only feel this was about day games, and only in certain stadiums. The rest of the time its just >boresball

I started liking Baseball thanks to Anime.
Who else life long /Astros/ here?

background noise while i do homework

i barely understand anything happening don't know any player and just a handful of rules but i agree with OP that it's comfy AF, sometimes i watch a game to fall asleep as well, because i usually have insomnia, but basedball never fails to bore me to sleep (and i sincerely thank it for it)

I feel the same way. I started turning on games when the cubs making their World Series run last year while writing my thesis, it was cool how I could just look up every 5-10 minutes and I barely missed anything

I admit, watching baseball can be quite dull. But following it as a pastime, that is patrician.

Agree completely. Wish it was on free-to-air tv over here. Cwicket is shite.

Regular season is comfy.

Playoff baseball is stomach churning anxiety.

How do you know nothing about the game despite playing it growing up? Are you clinically retarded?

t. Swayne De Shawrn

especially when your team has and had superstar after superstar and the most series wins.
Besides that, yeah its comfy to just have on

Yes, I don't know a shit about the players and I never played it, but there is nothing better that watching a match for the TV in the night

Too bad your city is shit at all other sports

and you're only old enough to remember one of them.

NY probably has more championships than all your states sports teams combined, including college. I dont rate the >rags though.
i smell bootyblast from a mile away, i wish you could have enjoyed winning as much the yanks did.

ah so then you are a millennial shitter who doesn't even remember the late 90's. you are the very last type of yankee fan that i would envy.

Yep. Going to games is even better. Grill out with the bros, have some beers, then go in and cheer for your hometown. It's like a backyard bbq but better.

>mfw Braves moved out of the city to the burbs and it hurts to watch games

same its fun guessing if its ball or strikeout

>napping while watching your favorite team
>game is still on when you wake up
>game goes into extras
maximum comfy

that's basically the role cricket plays here

i went to england v south africa a few weeks ago and got real comfy (and drunk)

Sounds about like when I watch test cricket. It's something you have on whilst doing other stuff and you watch it intermittently.

people who think baseball is boring don't understand the significance and tension of every single pitch + pitch count/control/location/situation. It's like nfl football in that single plays can dramatically alter the course of a game unlike soccer/nhl/nba where their aren't really plays but just a back and forth

control and location mean the same thing you fucking dork.

not necessarily, a pitcher can have good control but be throwing it in the wrong location i.e. he intends to throw down the center and throws it perfectly there but shouldn't because said hitter can hit pitches in that location well

if you can only throw to one location that means you lack control you stupid tripnigger.

thats not what I said you stupid little bitch, I used one example of something a pitcher might do not that they explicitly do

then the pitcher in your example is just as much of a fruitless bastard as you are.

Baseball is pure summer cordial pleasure. You get a constant underlying feeling of the game's deep lore while watching. Its one of those few sports I can watch no matter what teams are playing.

it needs a good announcer though

the ESPN games are torture to sit through

dumb frogposter