Chinese Cartoons

Is there any animekino that I can move onto, or a Sup Forums-recommended list beyond killing myself?

Don't want to ask Sup Forums because of moeshit, and because posters here have a better opinion on what makes something watchable as a film, and not a flick series.

Open to Ghibli recommendations

Pic related, just finished it

Other urls found in this thread:

animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/Sup
fapservice.com/shoujo-ramune-hentai-review-episode-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eva

Anime can never be kino, child of /r/anime. Even the so-called "great" ones do not so much as graze the aesthetic and philosophical heights of cinema and literature. It's a trash genre made for East Asian teenagers and white manchildren with short attention spans.

Well, if you started with Jojos the only way for you to go is up.

I'm glad you mentioned the 'kino' buzzword and post that b8 image, user

I maintain that you can enjoy both, I watched Calvary this afternoon, i'm just looking for something less intense to wind down and enjoy. But thanks for avoiding the question

Kaiba

wtf i was gonna post this

I will assume that you want anime films that avoid most anime cliches and/or can be enjoyed by a more general audience than just fans or people familiarized with the medium. In this case, here's some of my recommendations to you

Films:
Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, Perfect Blue or really any Satoshi Kon film.
End of Evangelion(if you watched the series)
Memories.
Whisper of the Heart, Princess Kaguya, Grave of Fireflies, Mononoke Hime and Kiki Delivery service are the best Ghibli IMO.
Vampire Hunter D(2000)
5cm per second and Kimi no na wa
Jin-Roh, Ghost in the Shell or other Mamoru Oshii films.
Mind Game.

Series:
Kaiji, Shinsekai Yori, Kaiba, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong, Berserk, Evangelion, Kino no Tabi, Mushishi, Serial Experiments Lain, Cowboy Bebop, Texhnolyze, Legend of the Galactic heroes, Akagi, One Outs, Boogiepop phantom, Dennou Coil, Mononoke, Eve no Jikan, Rainbow.

I would recommend more but it's hard without knowing your taste.

This.
Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't be.

All of these are Kino: Mushishi, Mononoke (The show), Planetes, Haibane Renmei, Technolyze, Paranoia Agent, Tabi no Kino.

Thanks, user

I'll check out some of these

Shinsekai Yori. Believe me, it's the closest thing to Kino that you will get in anime form.

Honorable mentions to Berserk, Kaiba and Kaiji.

Ghost in the Shell (movies minus Solid State Society, series is GOAT), Paranoia Agent, Desert Punk, Black Lagoon, Evangelion, Madoka Magica, ToraDora. Akira, if you haven't seen that already somehow. Initial D.

>Madoka Magica
>ToraDora

No thanks, I don't want any moeshit

>all this pleb dogshit
Every single piece of Sup Forumsinflicted meme trash you want is on Sup Forumss wiki though

Not him and although Madoka probably wouldn't appeal to your tastes, it definitely isn't moeshit.

meant to

>Madoka
>moe

Fuck off retard

I would love to see what you would recommend.

Kill yourself. Madoka is a drama and toradora is a romcom

animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/Sup Forums_Wiki
Its true though
Picture related.

KissxSis

These:

Legends of Galactic Heroes, Code Geass, Berserk (a must), Death Note, Hunter x Hunter, Cowboy Bebop, Onepunch-man, Fate/zero, Fullmetal Alchemist

Watch these, no weaboo shit and all are absolute quality.

IMO, Berserk and League of Galactic Heroes are the best out of the bunch.

>comparing films to TV shows that have an extremely different target audience instead of anime films designed to challenge the medium

You've really got me thinking with your well thought out thesis.

Hunter x Hunter is so fucking dull though.

>Code Geass, Fate Zero, FMA, HxH
>No weaboo shit
Man, I love how weaboo become such a buzzword that it's now used to describe anything people don't like about japan

These seem like they are all awesome

Thanks, user

lain's alright, perfect blue is pretty ok also

Don't agree. Personally, I didn't get bored even from the first 10-20 episodes even though they are slow.

Care to explain? How are these anime "weaboo" quality?

All of what you have listed is weebshit though
Just because you watched them as a child on toonami and thought they were mature doesn't change that

>hurr durr hurr, everything in anime is weebshit.

Are you serious? There is absolutely nothing weebish about them.

And how are Berserk and League of Galactic Heroes "not mature"?

>How are these anime "weaboo" quality?
I'm not sure what you mean with ''weeaboo'' quality, weeaboo is just a term to describe people who are obsessed over Japan. All the anime I mentioned are filled with anime cliches and tropes, so I don't know they aren't weeaboo shit but other anime are. I give a free pass to Berserk, Death Note and Legend of the Galactic heroes because they are different in tone and style compared to most anime out there, but that really doesn't apply to rest of your picks.

Not OP, but can you recommend something cyberpunky that's not GitS or Akira?

Texhnolyze. It's probably one of the closest anime to the actual high tech low life definition of cyberpunk.

It's nihilistic as fuck so be prepared for that.

>There is absolutely nothing weebish about them.
>Berserk and League of Galactic Heroes are mature
I rest my case.

Mezzo Forte

These days everything is filled with cliches and tropes, that doesn't mean it can't be good. Can you offer me a movie, TV series or an anime that isn't filled with those? Pro tip: you can't.

But you didn't offer any arguments to your case, you just spouted bullshit without backing it up, that's the problem. What case are you going to rest there, friendo?

Other good series: Darker Than Black, Shiki, Welcome to the NHK (essential for all of us, I think), No Game No Life was pretty good. Konosuba is light hearted fun. Food Wars, if you liked watching Iron Chef.

This is now a mimi thread!

>YWN wake up at 6 am to watch what about Mimi cardcaptors and untalkitave bunny on teletoon before school ever again
Why live?

I thought Monster was pretty good

>cliches
That's not the point. You're thinking of weeaboo as something that's related to quality, maturity or whatever when it's just a meme to insult people who show fanatism torwards Japan and Japanese media. I was just trying to see some sense in the retarded way that you used it, but it seems to be pointless.

Also, I can tell that you're either a entry level pleb or is just baiting.

Texhnolyze, Ergo Proxy, Battle Angel Alita(recommend you to read the manga as well), Metropolis, Serial Experiments Lain.

all anime is bad

Can any of you recommend me a live action film or series that's similar to Kaiji?shit was fantastic.

Evangelion is the peak of animation, so you only need to watch that if you want the best experience. This goes for all animation not just anime.

Ghiblishit is moeshit though.

>Evangelion is the peak of animation
hahaAHAHAAH

I bet you can't even name the movie on the left you poseur. Either way the best shots in the kino happen 15 to 5 minutes prior to the beach.

>Evangelion is the peak of animation
HAHAHAHA

What is the bottom left frame from?

>Stalker

Babys first diolouge based film. The shot is done alot better in Eva seeing how the cross symbolism isn't shoehorned in and never brought up again. Hell, both shots look more quality and the long shot immediately after in Stalker is alot better.

interstellar

maybe not exactly cyberpunk, but the first season of psycho pass is pretty good.

>Ghiblishit is moeshit though
Ghibli movies are actually made for children, instead of fat autistic niggertakus

THIS is the peak of animation.

Shitty bait

>stalker
>Babys first diolouge based film

>le I want to watch mature anime for mature people like myself but I'm too scared to go to Sup Forums
Fun fact: "moeshit" is the only wothwhile thing that came out anime because it can't be done with live action. But for every other anime yoj can find a much better western equivalent.
You can namedrop LOGTH, Mushishi and Tatami Galaxy as much as you like but they will never come close to masterpieces like The Sopranos or The Wire.
But tell me the western equivalent tl K-ON you literally can't and that makes it a masterpiece in its own medium.

>"moeshit" can't be done with live action.

disney channel, you fucking closet pedo.

This looks terrible and corny.

not an argument

moeshit is fucking gay you homo

>implying shitty 3D teenage girls can lool and act as cute as anime girl
Cry more faggot

>cute girls are gay
Go back to watch JoJo cock Sucking adventure or Fisting of the North Fag

>Sopranos and The Wire
LOGH, Shinsekai Yori, Kaiba, Berserk and Kaiji are honestly much better in my opinion.

>You can namedrop LOGTH, Mushishi and Tatami Galaxy as much as you like but they will never come close to masterpieces like The Sopranos or The Wire.
please don't trigger my Sup Forums mind

>JoJo cock Sucking adventure

you're stirring up a lot of gay fantasy for someone that tries to claim he isn't a homo. jojo is the most heterosexual show in existence btw.

>this is what plebbitors believe

Actually plebbitors are the ones who usually shit on anime

Disney has shows like this?
fapservice.com/shoujo-ramune-hentai-review-episode-1/

What are they called??

Actually redditors are the ones that shit on "moeshit" because they can't spam it on facebook, twitter, etc for points

>Actually plebbitors are the ones who usually shit on anime
nah

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

Late night with Dan the Spider

Post-christmas fitness drive begins now

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

nah

its 2001 a space odyssey

Yes

What's good anime about technology?

Where might one download this stuff, my usual torrent places are coming up short

nyaa.se

also try bakabt and _____

Seconding Mononoke 12 episode anime and Paranoia Agent. For Mononoke I also recommend you watch the anime that spawned it in a way, called Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales. The last 3 episodes of that anime is where the Mononoke main character first appears and it makes it a bit easier to understand what's it all about

thanks, m8

bump

Watamote is pretty great desu.

wtf i hate anime now

The desire to protect cute things is manlier than watching some power fantasy fuckwad swing his sword around.