"ALIEN: COVENANT" SPOILERS

The spaceship Covenant is transporting frozen embryos to a human colony on a faraway planet when they receive a distress signal from the spaceship Prometheus, which disappeared 10 years prior. The crew is brought out of hypersleep to answer to the signal, which leads to the death of the Covenant's captain, Branson (James Franco). His wife, Daniels (Katherine Waterson), is deeply affected by the accident, while Branson's first officer Archer (Billy Crudup) is made captain. The crew is aided by an android, Walter (Michael Fassbender).

The Covenant follows the Prometheus's signal to Paradise, an uncharted forest planet and homeworld of the Engineers, the ancient extraterrestrials that seeded life on Earth and then sought to the destroy it. The Engineers' secret weapon, the black ooze, has spread through Paradise, turning it into a wasteland. The Covenant's crew ventures outside their ship and some of its members are exposed to spores released by plants infected by the ooze. It is determined they've contracted an alien pathogen and Archer has them quarantined aboard the Covenant.

Monstrous creatures known as "Neomorphs" burst from the infected crewmen's bodies and begin slaughtering the crew, forcing the survivors to flee into the forest, where they are rescued from the Neomorphs by David (Michael Fassbender), the sole survivor of the Prometheus crew. He reveals that the mission's other survivor, Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace), sacrificed herself to crash the Prometheus against Paradise's surface, exposing the Engineers to the black ooze to prevent them from destroying Earth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xAOKEIJ74R0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

David leads the survivors back to the Engineers' derelict citadel, where he's been living ever since. Walter mistrusts David, who is not behaving in accordance with their programming, and finds out that Shaw was the one that sent the distress signal and that David in fact murdered her. David's mind has been warped by the numerous modifications that his creator, Peter Weyland (Guy Pearce), made to his programming during the Prometheus's expedition, and is obsessed with creating the "perfect organism". He exposes numerous lifeforms on Paradise, including Shaw, with the black ooze and, after numerous failed attempts, has created an alien egg, which produces a facehugger that latches itself to Archer, leading to the birth of a Primal Xenomorph.

Daniels and the ship's pilot, Tennessee (Danny McBride), realize David is controlling the Neomorphs and escape back to the Covenant with Walter in order to escape. Together, Daniels and Tennessee manage to kill the Primal Xenomorph and the Neomorphs and detonate explosivos to destroy David's laboratory, with David himself apparently perishing in the explosion.

After escaping, Daniels and Tennessee place themselves back in hypersleep to continue their voyage to the colony, unaware that David has killed Walter and stolen his identity to leave Paradise. David secretly plants two alien egg embryos among the human frozen embryos that the Covenant is transporting.

tl;dr David wins.

Huh

Wtf i love david now

Pretty much.

Do the xeno and neo interact at all?

>primal xenomorph

jesus christ this is stupid.

Liz was goddamn moran to take David with her in the first place.

>White man dies
>black man cucks him and survives along with his white wife

what did ridley mean by this?

>Danny McBride
>Black

Wait a fucking minute, so the classic xenomorph form was created by David? And did he release the spores among the engineers or were they already dead?

It's fucking stupid because that means thqt somewhere along the line the engineers found this specimen put it on their ship as a mass manufactured bioweapon and crashed somewhere to lead into the events of Alien.

They were killed by David and Shaw.

It doesn't explain the giant engineer and the cargo hold full of the classic facehuggers.

Ridley is a hack.

The explanation will come in Alien-Prometheus 3: I've still got it.

Deer lord its so retarded thats its actually a plasuable thing.

Worst thing is that if it is real Scott is pretty much trying to crash the IP with no survivors, it'd even send up the comics into a blaze of shit recons

This poor series.

David is the Space Jockey

Will there be more Space Axe action?

this is a bretty gud story/ outline

imo

Is this really what Ridley and the writers think Alien fans want? Really?

Asked this in the prometheus thread, I was watching gameplay of the Alien game...I was just wondering how the alien finds its prey? In one scene in the game you're hiding behind a wall in the room and the Alien comes in and could have seen you but just walks right out?

>David has killed Walter and stolen his identity to leave Paradise. David secretly plants two alien egg embryos among the human frozen embryos that the Covenant is transporting.
Based

how the fuck did he kill her ? he was left with only his head at the end of prometheus

>caring about ai behaviour in a video game and its lore implications

You are the reason prometheus and this shit fest exists

Nature finds a way

It sniffs out your farts

I actually think this is a good story

>the crew doesn't wear helmets on the planet
>yfw....IT WAS EARTH ALL ALONG
Based Ridley you magnificent auteur

Is David going to dye his hair when he switches places with Walter?

She reattaches his head to his body on the way to Paradise.

She must have put together a body for him, without realizing his intentions

eh doesnt sound too bad actually trailer was bad though

plot sounds fine

trailer was dumb

That sounds pretty cool actually. Like a real Alien movie

So I thought the Engineers' home planet would be some magnificent heavenly place, since they're the creators of all life. Shit, maybe we'd find out the Engineers are cockroaches next to the beings that created them, with Shaw going insane because she can't even wrap her mind around what she sees, and David exploring and learning and applying everything he learns. NAH, FUCK THAT HERE'S SOME MONSTERS AND EXPLOSIONS, AND TITS!

>without realizing his intentions
I would have thought that the shit that went down in Prometheus would have set off enough warning lights for her to let him be anything more than an immobile talking head.

It is, that's why it is called Paradise.

David fucks it up.

No, what you're going to get is this.

>ship travels through space
>distress beacon picked up
>crew gets out of cryosleep
>debate it a bit then turn the ship towards teh beacon
>a couple of crew members go check out the site of the beacon and they get infected
>some of the crew want to gtfo and some want to stay because bonus situation reasons
>turns out David's head or whatver is there
>not-David android talks to David
>turns out not-David is a really nice person
>crew does extremely stupid shit for no reason and die one by one
>nothing is explained about the engineers or anything like that
>one person survives and destroys the beacon and/or leaves with the ship

the end

>David stumbling around with a shonky Tin Man meets Scarecrow body made by Shaw
>hey guys it's me, your pal Walter

lmao who gives a flying fuck what "fans" want? If you want what other brain dead fans want just go read any number of the hack fan fiction work out there

since when should the impetus for writing being servicing fans? Moron.

So in Prometheus they plan on a super-fucking expensive, never even close to being done before mission to the farthest reaches of space.

And just 10 years later there are ships around there to receive a signal.

Fuck all this if true.

>It is, that's why it is called Paradise.
It's a shitty jungle you dumb fucking pleb, nothing extraordinary about it, engineers are mayans

Is this legit?

only thing I ahte is them keeping david and probably making him the original jockey in the first alien

what a shit character

>hey guys, it's me *checks his bloody spacesuit nametag*...WALTER! It's crazy out there, we should go, I'll put you to sleep....MMM...yes that sounds good

I miss when alien was just Alien, Aliens and the shitty sequels before Prometheus.

>Prometheus = At the Mountains of Madness IN SPAAAAAACE
>Alien: Covenant/Paradise = Island of Dr Moreau IN SPAAAAAACE

Jesus fuck someone confiscate Ridley's Kindle before he can be "inspired" by any more old works of pulp literature.

>What? Nothing's wrong with the frozen embryo. They're definitely human!

All this script "works" only because the 2 androids are identicall.
Bravo Riddley.

Wait, so if this their home planet, what the fuck was the planet they went to on Prometheus?

all the "fans" will complain about something no matter what they do. Its a lose lose

*BRAAAAAAAAAAP*

A remote base for weapon development. And will never be revisited again.

A planet they used to develop their weapons. They talk about it in the movie about not making this shit in their own backyard or whatever the line was

I just realised. Ridley broke the unwritten law of Alien movies.

>Ash
>Bishop
>Call
>David
>...Walter

Good job you doddering old fuck.

I wish this were true

Go to bed, Mike Stoklasa.

I don't want to hear shit from you after that suggestion that Jyn and Cassian needed a "bathtub scene" in R1...

wait, didn't the pilot crash the Promethus ship in "Prometheus"? He crashed it into the Engineer ship. So how did shaw crash it?

It not Walter, It Edward

Yes, because it is basically the movie Alien except the Android wins.

Also, if the classic xenomorph is the most superior, why doesn't it reproduce via spore anymore like in Prometheus? It seems much more efficient

There were more ships

well maybe weyland company was pushing for it because they wanted to know what actually happened?

where they made their goo

There were 2 Alien ships on the planets surface, David and Liz left on the second ship at the end of the movie.

The real question is where David got a replacement body from, I don't see how he could infect Liz otherwise.

eJ??? Is that you?

Do we actually learn anything about the engineers

>space faring species that can create or at least influence life all die on their """"""home""""" planet

what did the hack writers mean by this?

Cool, stoked to see it

>The real question is where David got a replacement body from, I don't see how he could infect Liz otherwise.
youtube.com/watch?v=xAOKEIJ74R0

If true, Shaw deserves what she gets for sparing and trusting that pos after what he did to their first crew

they all die
the end

This crap is so convoluted.

So in Prometheus there were spores and snake facehuggers and zombies and a giant starfish and a nu-xenomorph at the end.

And now in this movie there's nu-NU-xenomorphs along with not-classic xenomorphs along with facehuggers along with Alien queens???

My brain literally hurts just thinking about how all of this makes sense and I honestly won't be watching it because of this.

But David's body runs on cum.

>a giant starfish

Oh yeah, what the FUCK was up with that random evolution? What logic drove these design choices anyhow?

Plot holes: the movie

much like my dads wife

That Ridley is beyond senile

>My brain literally hurts just thinking about how all of this makes sense

I'm always behind this faggot at Starbucks.

what the fuuuuck

ok this is entertaining at least

>Starbucks
nu-male central, you need to get the fuck back

I'm not Mike (in fact I've really gone off him after the TFA and R1 reviews), but my idea for the future of Alien is simple:

Adapt some of those fucking great Dark Horse comics. Aliens: Stronghold and Aliens: Labyrinth translated from page to screen would both be infinitely better done competently than Prometheus or this.

Jesus have you seen the movie?they take another ship and head to paradise. Ffs.

so we still know next to nothing about Engineers huh? Thats the only thing this fucking series has going for it and there is no payoff?

>they get off the ship without their helmets

STOP

STOOOOOOOOOP

>if the classic xenomorph is the most superior, why doesn't it reproduce via spore anymore like in Prometheus?
Not very good for a bio weapon since there's just as much of a chance it'll infect you too.

>snake facehuggers
> a giant starfish
>a nu-xenomorph
Pointless almost-but-not-quite-references for fans to go "OH THAT'S ALMOST X BUT NOT QUITE".

Funny thing is that even the CGI version of the zombie looked like a proto-xenomorph before they switched it with the actor in prosthetics.

Why is David so based?

Resurrection was like 1/3rd Labyrinth

>none of these space-travelers seem to have a goddamn idea of basic space safety

BUT THE HOMICIDAL ANDROID ASSURED THEM THE AIR WAS BREATHABLE

WHILE SAYING NOTHING ABOUT ANY POTENTIAL MICROORGANISMS

BUT I'M SURE HE WOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT, IT'S NOT LIKE HE WANTED TO KILL THE CREW OR ANYTHING

I'm just saying the ship "the prometheus" had already been crashed. I guess it doesn't matter since David lying according to OP

>Walter
>Not Edward or Eric

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also >le identical twins twist at the end even though the "real" Walter probably won't even just say "HEY HE'S THE BAD GUY" in the movie and he'll just get killed

Too bad it left out the two best thirds, then.

It's a process. Starts out with random mutations via black goo, then melds with the surrounding ecosystem to create spores and Neomorphs, then David sciences up a more classic Xenomorph and the egg-to-facehugger-to-chestburster system.

Him and the aliens are the only things I'm really excited for. Everyone else is just fodder. Not-Ripley gave me a chub in one of those pics

queens are gone m8. retconned. only goo now.

why the fuck would shaw fix david

i dont remember all the details of prometheus but didnt she figure out that david was rusing everyone near the end?