Just horrible

Just horrible.

throw yourself onto a cactus

you shouldn't talk about your mum like that m8

I saw it yesterday. Not bad. Don't get the complaints.

Yes. Its completely unnecessary as a movie. As a movie though, it was fine.

I agree with you. Some fuckers at this board says it's as good as the original trilogy ones. I'm not sure if I want to watch the OT now because of this shitty movie.

i just couldnt get past the social/political agenda this movie had.
Would have really hurt to have one fucking non-white male on the empire?
did it really have to be an entire cast of "diverse" people on the rebels?
why the fuck was the islamic terroist war in star wars?
seriosuly, of all the costume designs they had to go with the terroist outfit from the fucking middle east?

Outside of that, I think the HITB said it best -story wise.
Boring ass characters, and horribly forced fan services with no charismatic characters or any fun allowed.

This movie is the new BVS in that it identifies absolute plebs like OP

Your taste is horrible

Every single character was uninteresting, uncharismatic, boring. The three action setpieces were uninspired shakycam. The amount of shoehorned fanservice made The Force Awakens look restrained. Why did they have some 35 year old woman playing a teenager?

the empire pilot was a better character than any star wars characters in decades

there is no agenda, you just see it everywhere because now you think like SJWs, only instead of getting butthurt when the villain is non-white and the protagonist is white you're butthurt when the protagonist is non-white and the villain is white

in the end of the day both of you see an "agenda" everywhere due to your own confirmation bias because you obsess over race so much when in reality the majority of the people involved with the movie save maybe one of the writers probably didn't give a flying fuck

It had some good moments, like the sassy robot catching and casually lobbing a grenade before the usual Disney-level quipping, and Vader's triumphant slicing through soliders like butter, but it was mostly a bland expository dump with music meant to invoke sympathy/empathy/something for characters with hardly a trace of character development.

I liked it, but I'll forget it within the week. This is my experience with most Disney branded movies nowadays.

An unfunny comic relief = cancer. There was nothing about the guy that was unique. But that was a problem for the movie: Generic blind Asian man, generic big Asian man, generic fiery Mexican man, generic evil white man, and so on.

And Forest Whitaker gave the worst performance I've seen in years.

I don't think it was anywhere near as good as the OT but it was definitely many times better than TFA, which was shit, to the point that it actually surprised me. I'm under no illusions here; I know that there won't ever be another Star Wars movie that will make me feel the same magic as the OT did. However, as a contemporary sequel/continuation of the franchise, I felt this movie was the first out of five attempts that actually got it right. It was everything TFA or the prequels should have been.

>I liked it, but I'll forget it within the week. This is my experience with most movies nowadays.

ftfy

try thinking less about big black dicks and ww3

>why the fuck was the islamic terroist war in star wars?
Yeah I was wondering why there was a giant allegory for Syria in the middle of Star Wars. Disgusting.

The last movie I saw and really loved was Demolition. The critics pooped all over it, though. Shame, because it's better than any of Disney's marketed schlop.

Please don't project your obsession with ebony schlongs onto me, closet faggot.

>The last movie I saw and really loved was Demolition.

hahahaha

good
>jyn
>mads
>vader (last scene)
>rebel leader
>memebot

meh
>pilot
>krennic
>tarkin

shit
>asian 1
>asian 2
>lazy eye cyborg
>everything else

But it was really good, user. You might even like it. There was even a closet fag who you can sympathize with while nourishing your insatiable appetite for black schlongs.

its hard to ignore when its so blatantly obvious.
Rebels" asians, mexicans, islamis, white women
Empire: all white males

Now the original trilogy had a lot of white people but at the very least, there was racial diversity from both sides. Both empire and rebels had diverse cast and races. I mean god damn, even in the force awaken there was a fucking black woman on the empire. This was pure white male only hate.

Im going to be honest and admit i could not understand some of the lines of most of the characters, especially the lead male.

one of the most jarring things was the font of the title cards.

Also, all the physical props felt weird and off to me.
Please someone tell me that darth vaders suit felt off janky. idk if it was the breather or the neck but something didnt look right. Did anyone notice the star destroyers looked like toys in the opening shot? all the 3D animation stuff looks good but man, the physical stuff of this moves was just to weird.

>Please someone tell me that darth vaders suit felt off janky. idk if it was the breather or the neck but something didnt look right.
yeah his neck looked like cheaper plastic, same with his little chestpiece lite brite thing. It was probably slapped together, like this script.
>don't choke on your ambition
Boooooo

It was a generic cash grab filled with liberal cuck agendas. Jyn single handedly took down like 7 storm troopers at once. She's supposed to be a normal fucking human, not a Jedi warrior. Not to mention the characters were COMPLETELY foregetable and retarded (Forest whitakers character was probably the worst most autistic character in a decade) and the story was so forced and lacking originality and passion it made the first half of the movie completely unbearable

The real problem with that fucking bull is the soundtrack. Doesn't compare with the OT and makes the movie average. No Star Wars should be average.

>uncharismatic
Ever since RLM used this, everyone started using this buzzword.

I know this is bait, but..

>i just couldnt get past the social/political agenda this movie had

The film depicted both sides as being good/bad, especially the Rebellion having ambiguous actions in terms of good/bad

>Would have really hurt to have one fucking non-white male on the empire?

Fucking Riz Ahmed was in the Empire before he defected.

>did it really have to be an entire cast of "diverse" people on the rebels?

pretty much the rebels were all white in the mission control.

>why the fuck was the islamic terroist war in star wars?

I think it is more of the current trend in movies. It gave me more of a Black Hawk Down feel with the amount of innocent bystanders in the middle of a terrorist attack.

The beginning was a bit confusing with the change of locations and stuff, but the movie kind of put in perspective why the Empire was feared, why the Death Star was awful, how the Rebellion was not really good guys.

The writer explicitly said that the empire is white supremacist

There was no shakycam. Stop having spasms you autistic fuck.

Actually, if anything it's religious propaganda

5 = 4 > 6 = 7 >>>>>> 3 >> RO > 2 > 1

>7 that high
bait

gotta be bait

5>4>R1>6=7>rest

Damn. Nailed what I've been thinking for a while man

well, give us another review after you've actually seen it

Yeah, I have a hard time understanding why people are trying to hype or defend this. I had very low expectations going in. This movie was just a mess full of unlikeable characters. They even managed to ruin Vader, his lines were out of character.

>Just Star Kino.

ftfy

god tier
>red leader
>gold leader

shit tier
>everyone else

anyone have caps or pics of them, anyways? i missed them

This is a "normal person", everybody.

>tfw made a review but too embarassed to share with Sup Forums

>The amount of shoehorned fanservice made The Force Awakens look restrained
lolno. stop watching RLM, you don't know what you're talking about.

If it's "bad character development" tier pleb shit don't bother. If you truly understood and appreciated this fine work of kino then pls by all means share.

Yep. Boring soulless, inauthentic trash.

4 hours after I saw it I couldn't remember the name of any character.

It's generally positive, although I did think that the characters could've been fleshed out more

They weren't in the main crew but lots of the rebel's upper level were british white males.

Empire is all white though, that's true. "Hollywood Diversity" hasn't yet reached villains.

I liked it. Better than FA and the prequels.

I think it was just missing the chain around his neck. And that's what made it feel off the most.

As for the Star Destroyer. I loved that they looked practical and real. (As toys as you said). It throws back to how the effects were achieved in the OT

>tfw you like RotJ the best
Don't get me wrong, Empire is great. But I've always loved Jedi the most.

It wasn't, it's impossible for a Disney movie to be terrible in any way, I'll never get you kids that think in hyperbolic statements and still wish to be taken seriously.

Call me a plub but I found the tone of RO (and TFA by extension) really edgy. There was constantly a sense of forboding dread, "oh noes everybody gonna die". Literaly the only character I liked was the robot and I'm glad he went out like a boss, I didn't like Jyn from the start.

>edgy
this word doesn't mean anything to me. anyway, i thought the tone was appropriate. we already knew that the rebels who retrived the death star plans all died in the process. we knew that back in 1977 when episode 4 came out. a film about a dramatic suicide mission isn't going to have a slapstick tone.

and i wouldn't call TFA edgy either. the entire plot lacked tension and most of the violence happens offscreen or is done in a really kid-friendly way and every 5 minutes there's a cringeworthy comedy scene or quip to relieve the non-existent tension.

>"what is it they've sent?"
>"hope"

fuckin walked out right then and there

Well I don't watch RLM so fuck off faggot.

>"BORGOLIK WILL KNOW THE TRUTH AND YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MIND!"
>scene is never referenced again, pilot is still being detained and didn't lose his mind at all

what the fuck was that shit? it seems so out of place

Thank God

Don't be one of those faggots who assumes every movie has a fucking post-credits scene

He was so horrible I couldn't quite believe what I was watching from an Oscar winning actor.

It was far superior than Jedi. Fight me you manchild. Or go cry some more.

what do you think of this one?

Go to sleep Mike you unfunny fat drunk faggot
If you want to argue they are bland characters then you'd better provide a list of good characters and reasons why theyre good other than "muh fee fees"

Any Hal Ashby movie has characters that run circles around these Rogue One video game NPCs.

But shoehorning political agendas into Star Wars is tradition now.

>If you're not with me then you're my enemy

There were tons of white men in the rebellion and you know it retard
Go back to listening to Gavin mcfaggot

What a reddit reply. Age'd.

>THEY RUINNEEEDDDD VADERRR REEEEEEEEE
Jesus fuck you people are beyond autistic that I can't honestly imagine how some of you function in society. Must be neet bucks that sustain you.

Then explain why they're bad other than saying "they're boring." That's totally subjective.

>Rogue One is amazing
>VIII will suck
>Young Han Solo will suck
>IX will suck

Have to wait until 2020 to maybe see another good Star Wars film.

>8 will suck
Now that 7 is out of the way and they have more creative freedom to take risks without bankrupting Disney, I highly doubt 8 will be bad.

I like it but

>Why did the storm trooper throw a grenade in the ship with the Arab guy? That made no sense, its an imperial ship with a dude in an imperial uniform so they blow him up?

Also for those who havent seen it or probs only seen a camrip

>CGI is fine, its just Sup Forums being Sup Forums and bitching about anything

Are plebs just mad they got duped by TFA? That's the only explanation I can come up with. They just don't want to admit they ate up JarJar's steamer last time, so they are taking it out on this one. Because in this r-drit and twatter generation you can't ever admit you were wrong?

Every character exists to either be a brooding malcontent or the same comic relief that's in every single movie these days. There's no in between so the movie was just a stale piece of moneymaking shit. I got flashbacks of The A-Team (the shitty 2010 movie) while watching this. Not to mention the lead female is the most generic YA heroine with a tragic backstory that anyone has ever come up with. Honestly, after Rey, why are we seeing the exact same character one year later? She even fucking looks like her.

Well it was the last ship to enter before shit started to hit the fan, I'm sure they had some sort of idea of what was happening.

Lol Disney probably could have spent the entirety of the tfa's production and marketing budget on hookers and blow and still turned a profit for last year.

That being said I hope 8 is good but I liked tfa so fuck you

Calm down friendo. I also liked and enjoyed TFA.

None of this is explaining why they're bad characters it's just telling me you hated the movie.

i can not imagine how retarded you have to be to think this movie was amazing or whatever

the only good part was the last half hour

the rest of the movie if excruciatingly boring and uninteresting

Yeah, that kind of bothered me. All it took was somebody to say "you're the pilot" and 10 seconds later he had "regained" his mind.

They are bad characters because their personality traits are either "brooding malcontent" or "lovable comic relief". Arab dude and Asian dude were pretty much interchangeable from each other.

I think it would have been better with less characters

>The chick
>The French sounding guy
>The robot
>One of the asians, probably the force one

Flesh them out a little more at the cost of the fan service, Forrest Wittaker, R2 and C3PO being the first to go

I still like it but that would put it from a see once at the movies and maybe buy it

to a

See it once or twice, and defo buy the blue ray

but thats just me

It's the basic "describe the characters without saying what they look like or what their occupation is" question

And most rogue one characters don't pass the test, especially the pilot seeing as he's referred to as well, "the pilot"

epic

You can say this about all of the star wars movies genius except episode one which was just horrible for so many other reasons.
>Luke is a young teen with a tragic back story who finds a droid r2d2 and his comic relief partner c3p0. Together they team up with Han solo and Chewbacca, two brooding malcontents that will take them to alderaan. Over the course of the film they are forced to work together and eventually become friends. Luke even miraculously is able to use the force with zero training to shoot his proton torpedos into the exhaust port and destroy the death star.

alt-redditor detected

Han and Chewie weren't brooding malcontents in the slightest.

"A man who has realized that he is an accomplice to horrible atrocities and wants to make it right to ease his own concious."
I mean I know it's hard to understand human emotions when you're autistic

It was the best movie since ROTJ. So it's quite good in that aspect. If Disney keeps making movies better than the last we should get a good movie with Ep. 8.

Why did they get Donnie Yen and then only give him one short fight scene

Being a brooding malcontent isn't a bad thing if that's what the character calls for.

>Would have really hurt to have one fucking non-white male on the empire?
I thought the exact opposite, R1 handled the Empire (/First Order) demographics much better than TFA. In the OT it was all white men, while in TFA they chucked in a bunch of women and minorities to be PC which felt really forced and contrived.

ANH spends many scenes with Luke before shit happens unlike Jyn. Droids interact with the cast and arent just thrown in for the Chinese market unlike the asians. Han Solo has personality and an arc unlike Cassian. Also Luke trained with Obi-Wan on the ship and the force is inherently miraculous magic.

The girl in this one was raised by that crazy terrorist guy though right?

China

I loved it. Wasn't a fan of TFA but i thought this was very well done. The first half is relatively iffy but damn, the second half is great

pretty sure rebels were using it for cover

A woman who doesn't really care about the rebellion, until she gets involved with them, and learns that both her father, and the man who raised her care deeply about the cause, so she begins to care, and gives her life to make the people she loves proud.

I'm trying to figure out who the french sounding guy is.

It was good as a space action flick. But the forced diversity led the plot. There were no rebel spies in this because rebel spies infiltrating the empire would need to be white males. Everyone always assumed the spying happened ON the death star by actual spies.

This movie was all about a rebel task force being rebels, not spies.

The black main character from ep 7 was in the empire.

The arab defector from this movie was in the empire.

The empire isn't all white.

Of course, the filmmakers will only show white people doing bad things, though.

>REEE FORCED DIVERSITY MEMEEEEE

>Best movie of the whole series
>horrible