Family Guy is the greatest show of all time. Admit it

Family Guy is the greatest show of all time. Admit it.

Yeah. I love how the writer is too lazy to write jokes that actually pertain to the plot (which are always terrible), so he just does cutaways like a bastard.

South Park is better.

Seth pls go.

>There are people who honestly think the show is like this

What is it about this show that triggers Sup Forums so much, if you say you like it at all you get some tumblr tier message like I just said your gender doesn't exist. The first 6 seasons are great then it starts getting worse but right now its better then current simpsons and south park.

American Dad*

fixed for you

>but right now its better then current simpsons and south park.

That's a very low bar to set. Nowhere near "greatest show of all time"

>There are people who honestly think the show is like this

Because it is...

>Peter/Brian/Stewie gets pressured into doing something
>"Awwww this is gonna be worse than the time I had to (insert action verb here) (insert pop culture celebrity here) *cutaway to scene to fill up more air time*

I could forgive it for doing it a couple times a season, but this is how they set their jokes up almost every single time.

>People are this triggered by cutaways

They aren't always funny but how beyond triggered people are by it on here is so over the top its amazing, and are the only part of the show they ever focus on.

Triggered? Nice buzzword.

You see when you do the same gags and jokes over and over again, it gets stale and isn't funny anymore. Family Guy is supposed to be a comedy, but it's not funny because it's the same repetitive shit. Not because I'm "triggered" by cutaways you autist.

> King of the hill
Fixed it for you.

American Dad

This is the exact same kinda post I see on here from people who don't like the show. Im assuming you saw the south park episode and base your whole opinion off of that.

You over exaggerate the shit out of them, not all of them are unfunny and in the better episodes they are hardly there, but no one likes to talk about the good episodes just the one aspect of the show that south park made fun of.

Its like if you tried to talk about the simpsons on here(which I like) and people would only shitpost non stop about how bad the show is now.

Best seasons were 2-6.
Best episode is PTV.

I hate the completely insincere saccharine moments they have in almost every episode where characters apologize to each other.

>Look /whoever/ I'm sorry. I guess I just wanted to /do whatever/ so bad that I got forgot what was really important. Can you ever forgive me?
>Push in on character as they slowly tilt their heads, lower eyelids raise up and smile spreads across their face
>orchestra let's you know they are touched by the same speech given every episode
>Characters kiss or hug depending on relationship
>It's good to have you back /whoever/
>Hey, whatever happened to /callback/?
>callback
>Jazzy end credits instrumental

You can make a comedy show about horrible characters, It's Always Sunny is a prime example, as long as the characters never change and never apologize.

Characters learning from mistakes, growing, changing are staples of drama and you can can mix the two. The Simpsons have some sweet moments, King of the Hill has characters learning and growing, the Office has it's arcs. Gravity Falls mixes both.

Why can't Family Guy just own up to the fact that their characters are terrible? We don't watch this show because we carea bout them. We watch it to see them say/do horrible things to each other. Having them apologize at the end of every episode just spoils the comedy.

You'll have episodes where Peter is horrible to one of his friends for the whole episode, just shitting on them at all opportunities and then the tag the episode with a scene where he says 'You're one of my best friends, I'd never want to do anything to lose you!'

Family Guy is a bad comedy.

>koth
Fucking kill me.

Best episode is the first Star Wars episode.

I hate those 'serious' moments in episodes, or episodes specifically set on being more serious.

The episode where Brian and Stewey are locked in the bank comes to mind, as well as the one where Meg tells everyone off.

Theres no point in making an episode about Meg standing up for herself and trying to be taken seriously if the next episode is just going to have peter farting in her face.

I agree with you that the shows main fault lies in the characters not being consistent. Family guy doesnt know what kind of show it wants to be. The only time its ever been enjoyable is when im stoned and it happens to be on. And i have to be very stoned.

show was trash. i only liked it briefly when it was first shown on adult swim and i was at that age of the lolsorandumb XD humor

It's a comedy show, so when it's just jokes, some of them can really hit.

But jesus christ, when it tried to be more than just a gag-fest it falls flat on it's face.

The Meg stands up for herself was awful. They started picking on the character in the first place because they couldn't think of anything else to do with her. Their lack of imagination.

When you think about is Chris any more interesting than Meg? They have no personality.

And the resolution for that episode where she decides it's her duty to be the family whipping girl and Brian calls her brave? Fuck right off.

Stop trying to justify your comedy. If you want to be horrible to Meg for a joke just do it. It's abusive and some people won't find it funny but trying to write a dramatic story about it is just the worst thing in the world.

I agree. Those (((serious))) moments are pure cringe. Just give me the atrocity in unadulterated form. I hate it most when Brian does this.

I appreciate the self awareness that comes in the later seasons. The characters make reference to the fact that they are in a show and it is fucking stupid. A good example comes in the episode where they live on a farm. That is one of the saving graces of the later seasons.

Saw an episode the other day where Stewie admits he really cares about what Brian thinks and Brian says summat like

"You're already one of the most amazing people I know"

I couldn't write a more insincere line if I tried.

Here's a fun drinking game: take a drink every time a "serious" conversation is interrupted by a one-off joke or mundane observation.

Golden era Simpsons > King of the Hill > early South Park > American Dad > pre-cancellation Family Guy > modern South Park > power gap > modern Simpsons = post-cancellation Family Guy > Cleveland Show

You just used the phrase "over exaggerate". Your opinion is invalid. Kindly eat shit and die.

I unironically enjoy family guy.
It might be mostly nostalgia from childhood, but it's still funny. Older episodes are better of course.
I wouldn't watch it for hours on end and don't watch every episode, but if I catch it on tv I always enjoy it.
It's just easy fun.

The art style reminds me of pic related.

what's with that arm posing gesture?

i saw every character doing that same fucking thing

So much of it lacks all sense of comedic timing
>does a cut away
>its funny
>it continues
>its no longer funny
>continues
>this is still not funny anymore
>2 minutes later
>wow this is still going on
>ends
>this whole episode is now shit

Family Guy has some the cheapest animation you can get before turning over to Flash.

It admits to being a cartoon which is just fine with me. It doesn't try to make you feel feelings like The Simpsons continually does, with people never learning lessons, trying to tug at your heart strings. Just a joke every few seconds.
I'll admit what plot is DOES have is ridiculous and gay but the jokes are what counts.

they phone so many of the jokes in
>here is another fight with a giant chicken
>here is another 4 minute long song segment because we cba to write

its very great and comfy yes

Yes, those both happen once a season. The other 15-20 episodes don't have them
I never liked the chicken fight or conway twitty, but I don't like ANY of Simpsons from season 9 or later.

I've been watching the newer seasons on netflix and kekd quite a bit