/cric/

the great debate

Frankly my knowledge of test cricket is literally unparalleled

I have keenly followed every test series from ~2003 onwards, and can recite the score of every series even further back than that to about 1965 off-hand, thanks to online research since then.

Aside from being a statslord, I also have a mental montage of literally 10,000 test match dismissals: the bowler, the catcher, the path of the ball, everything

I am an admirer of the finer nuances of the game and have a deeper understanding of certain cricketing concepts than any of you can even conceive.

Honestly, there isn't a a single name of a cricketer you can throw at me that I won't have some kind of opinion of, I am even an enthusiastic follower of cricket beyond the test world and take nearly as much interest in a scorecard from ICC World Cricket League South America Region Division Two as I do from any test match

I would go as far as to call myself an eternal scholar of the game

Nice one I need to discuss the upcoming cricket

thanks

Clive Rose.

good digits

Janny sucks cocks for a living

Got no idea who these two SLUTS are, but I want to have sexual intercourse with both of them.

Take that back you sack of shit

reckon i might try out for the local side

who gets fucked better, Holly or Ellyse?

ellyse would be vanilla as they come

holly looks more like the type you can get to try shit but she would never initiate it

Hate the jannie lads

i love sports

Ellyse >> Holly

>dat ass
she looks really good since she gained muscle mass in all the right places.

>holly's bowling averages
tests: 64.33
odis: 22.00
t20is: 28.40

>ellyse's bowling averages
tests: 16.11
odis: 24.16
t20is: 19.64

Gonna marry Holly lads

Nah m8 youre too fuckin ugly

Nah that ain't true she loves me

love straffo
hate janny

>Anyone know who this fat cunt that keeps taking photos of our games is?

So who's the XI for the first test against BangLEL?
This is what I've got

Warner
Renshaw
Khawaja
Smith
Handscombe
Voges
Bailey
Nevil
Agar
Hazelwood
Cummins

Wish we could freely Straffo post if I'm honest lads

cricket

shit team

t. Andy Zaltzman

whens the cricket on

West indies 2 England 1
Bangladesh 2 Australia 0

England 1 West Indies 2
Bangladesh 2 Australia 0

Secretly will
Take my cricket bat out when it
Rains because I
Am suffering
From a
Frivolous state of mind
Or something like that

England 2 West Indies 1
Bangladesh 0 Australia 2

get the bets in

Revising my aus prediction to 1-1

feel like you only made this post because I said Australia would win both and you wanted to undermine my tip

Going to sleep lads fuck yas all

no 2bh

day nighter starts tomorrow

The decade of the 1890s marks the golden age of Philadelphian cricket. This was the period in which the most well-known players from the team made their marks. The first match of the decade for the Philadelphians that is classified as first-class was played against a team of English Residents. This fixture had been played annually from 1880 to 1883. This was the last time it was played, and the only time it featured a team specifically named as the Philadelphians, who won the game by six wickets.[11] In 1891 a team led by Lord Hawke visited from England, playing two matches. The Philadelphians won a high-scoring first match but the tourists won a low-scoring second match, Sammy Woods taking 15 wickets.[12]

John Lester maintained a batting average of 33.14 in his first-class career
1892 saw Ireland visit Philadelphia. The teams each won one match, with one game drawn.[13] This series was notable as it was the debut of Bart King, who would go on to a successful career bowling for the Philadelphians. The following year saw the first visit of Australia since the game in 1878. It visited on its way home from a tour of England. Australia fielded a strong side, but the team was tired after a long tour and trip. In spite of this fatigue, the Australians chose to face the full strength of the Gentlemen of Philadelphia. On a small ground at Elmwood, the September grass was coarse and rolled very fast. The Australian side, fielding first, dropped many balls and could not cope with the short boundary. They allowed the Philadelphians to run up a total of 525 runs. When the Australians came to bat, they had hoped that they were recovered from their journey, but they soon encountered Bart King's developing swing.

reckon WI have it in the bag

The side was all out for 199, and King took 5 wickets for 78 runs. The Australians followed on and were all out again for 268, allowing the Gentlemen of Philadelphia to win by an innings and 68 runs. This win came about with the help of Bart King's batting and, more importantly, his bowling. The Australians won the return match by six wickets, but the Australian captain, Jack Blackham, said to the Americans, "You have better players here than we have been led to believe. They class with England’s best."[14]

In 1894 a second team led by Lord Hawke visited from England, playing two matches. Lord Hawke's XI won the first match at Merion with the Philadelphians coming back to win the second at Germantown's Manheim ground.[15]

In 1897, the Philadelphian side toured England for 15 first class matches. Though the results may have been less satisfactory than hoped for by the promoters, the tour was arranged mainly for educational purposes and few of those on the American side expected to win many matches.[16] Previous tours had tended to involve amateur English sides with a low level of competition. In 1897 a schedule was made including all of the top county cricket teams, the Oxford and Cambridge University teams, the Marylebone Cricket Club, and two other sides, though only a few of the counties thought it worthwhile to put their best elevens onto the field.[16] Starting on June 7 at Oxford, the tour lasted for two months and ended in late July at The Oval. While it initially aroused some curiosity, many English fans lost interest until Bart King and the Philadelphians met the full Sussex team at Brighton on June 17.

In the first innings, King proved his batting worth in a fourth-wicket stand of 107 with John Lester.[17] He then took 7 wickets for 13 runs and the team dismissed Sussex for 46 in less than an hour.[14] In the second innings, King took 6 for 102 and helped the Philadelphians to a victory by 8 wickets.[18] Despite the excitement surrounding the team's performance, the Americans did not fare well overall. Fifteen matches were played, but only two were won, while the team lost nine and drew four. The other win of the tour came against Warwickshire.

This tour was followed by a two-game series at home against a team captained by Plum Warner in which each team won a match.[19] Warner again brought a team the following year, this time winning both games.[20] The decade was rounded out with a tour by a team captained by Kumar Shri Ranjitsinhji. This team won both matches against the Philadelphians in 1899.[21]

glad cricket died in america don't need the seppos polluting it if I'm honest

Congratulations Igo Mahuru for being awarded the Best Batsman of the 2018 ICC U19 CWC EAP Qualifier.

Congratulations Igo Mahuru

>U19

he looks so happy:3

papuans always look old

went to primary school with a girl from PNG who once kinda implied she was raped over there and had an elite fast bowler as a brother ama

rate stuart law as a coach

Straffo reckons he was one of the worst players to represent Australia in tests

wish there was a straffo on cricket compilation

might make one during the ashes

has he ever posted on Sup Forums?

Some of you may know me as ManWithNoName on bigfooty.com/forum. I'm a prolific contributor to the cricket board and was the first bigfooty user to report the Phil Hughes tragedy.

I've been visiting this place for a while know and I'd like to quickly address a couple issues.

First, the amount of misogyny and downright disgraceful woman hating comments I have read is quite frankly disgusting. I'm a proud feminist, and if you want women to have basic human rights then you're a feminist too.

Secondly, racism towards the our brave and powerful indigenous athletes has left me without words. In particular, the tragic treatment of Adam Goodes recently and the comments made by some 'people' on here was despicable.

This place is absolutely vile. This is my first and only post. If you want to contact me and hopefully apologise, PM me on bigfooty and I'll get around to replying.

>test cricket

>visible bra
Basically what you expect of a coconut slut. Bet she unironically twerks in grass dresses too.

t.brainlet

holly is definitely a future talen t

t20 > odi > test

wrong flag

Post in my thread

Holly's a broken down lanklet made out of glass. Missed the WC, barely played since the WBBL. She switched her uni degree from health to media too. Her only hope in life is as a talking head or as my wife.

ofc she was raped it's papartment new guinea

>ama

/10?

im a finn
ama

I for one welcome our new janny overlords

why do you lads look funny

how many people do you know that have killed themselves? I heard suicide is the national sport in finland

isreal v palestine at cricket when

it's unironically a minor sport there after all the jews moved out of south africa

centuries of selective inbreeding

only two

Thoughts on Steve Smith?

needs to work harder or will never make the hall of fame
loads of talent but work ethic is pulling him down
reckon he needs to find a wife that will push his arse

>already has a record that puts him up with the greats
>noted workoholic
>engaged

hmm

I support cricket in Finland

bollocks i mixed patrick cummings and steve smith
oops

anyways steve smith: no comment

what's the /cric/ approved mobile phone?

Unironically and genuinely think the WIndies are in with a chance

its ok I always mix up those two lads too

Wowie Zowie is a bit shit

unironically think windies are in with a chance
semi-unironically think they will win

The Nokia 6010 (2015 model)

Need to improve my cover drive.

>wowie zowie is a bit shit

Friendly reminder that if your batting strike rate is averaging over 50, then you are not fit, I repeat NOT FIT to post here

>sub 10 SR

Fucking gonna kill the jannie lads

[2]

whats the deal with all of them yanks
they probably have never picked up a paddle or bowled with the lads

#protectthejanny

t. Dravid

Someone on eBay is selling the exact poster I had so that worked out very well in terms of finding a picture of it

anyone want to work on a cricket anime with me

ok

pitch it to me

Brinx Job.

AT&T.

>only two

>only

Wrong. We had internatinal sports week in elementary school every year and we'd play cric. Though it was basically baseball with a wicket and paddle and running back in forth instead of a diamond

not sure if wowee zowee reaches the heights of their first two albums but it definitely has more good songs than crooked rain

"no"