Okay Sup Forums, what is your opinion on Spotify, Apple Music and other paid music streaming services in general?

Okay Sup Forums, what is your opinion on Spotify, Apple Music and other paid music streaming services in general?
Do you have a subscription? Does it have the music genre you enjoy? Is it even worth it to get one?

don't ever pay for something you can get for free

I don't listen to anything I haven't encoded and tagged myself apart from a few select exceptions on YouTube and Soundcloud.

I would rather pay plenty for actually accessible albums in lossless format, before even spending a single dime on Spotify and its competitors

I don't trust ""the cloud"" and I don't want to pay someone money periodically in order to continue loaning my music from them. There are too many other methods you can use to get and own music permanently, and most of them are free. I don't even understand the "muh paying for convenience" argument that gets used. Unless it's something seriously obscure, it takes me literally five minutes to get my hands on an artist's entire discography for free, and that's including any of their albums a subscription service like Spotify might not have.

I have Apple Music subscription, but I also use sites like redacted.ch and apollo.rip.
>Does it have the music genre you enjoy?
For the most part yes, it does.

the sound quality isn't good enough. If it isn't RAW why bother?

The amount of time I would have to spend downloading all the music and cataloguing it is worth more than $10 a month

Using Google play music. Not the cleanest player in the world, but solid selection and comes with YouTube red. Pretty decent deal imo

Spotify for a year
YouTube Red or whatever for a month after 3 month trial
Amazon trial for 2 more weeks I think. I dunno I'm tempted to try for another month or two.
Haven't bought any bandcamps this year so far.

ok mr. productivity

i don’t use any music streaming services. Both have low quality album art and bad tagging.

i really dont understand this boards problem with streaming services
they're incredibly convenient and allow you to access a huge amount of music instantly
are you all just too autistic to see the inherent value of something like that for finding new music? or are you just too pretentious to use a streaming programme?
this board is so shit

Fucking leave shill

>are you all just too autistic to see the inherent value of something like that for finding new music?
yes.

>or are you just too pretentious to use a streaming programme?
yes, absolutely.

My issue with streaming services is that they're all ran by massive faggots that are willing to de-platform artists due to the slightest political pressure from people whining on the internet.

if i told you i liked wearing shoes would you call me a shill for addidas?
AUTISM

why don't you stop using google then? you full of your own shit

>projecting
I I have stopped using google.

Did you have an actual argument? Are you in favor of a service that thinks it's acceptable to remove an entire artist's catalog because of some unrelated opinions?

if you just told me then no
if you posted it on Sup Forums then yes

i like wearing shoes

no shit

>or are you just too pretentious to use a streaming programme?
ok then, i guess it's just immoral to use streaming services and google, i bet it's immoral to give yourself a ham shandy too
doesnt it smell stuck up that far up your own arse?

I use google because I got in on the early adopter deal where it's $8/month and include youtube red.

Do you ever actually address what people say or do you just make shit up in your head and respond to that instead?

@77657773 (you)

What about obscure shit that isn't on your streaming service?

soulseek

Unironically this.
There’s just something super satisfying about collecting and tagging your own music library.