What did he mean by this?

what did he mean by this?

He misses being a big shot and is bitter that people with less or "worse" ideas than his make more money than him.

>The cinema...that I'm making, it's gone

things change and old men can't adapt

Maybe you should stop making terrible movies with dicaprio then, old hack.

Modern film is bland garbage made to foreign language audiences by lacking all nuance

Doctor Strange and Rogue One are better than anything that hack ever made

things are becoming less romantic and traditional, and more trivial in this society of assimilated cultures and late stage capitalism.

modern Hollywood films*

>the cocaine i grew up with and that i'm using, it's SHHHHHHHHHHH gone

apart from "foreign language," that's been true forever.

"I'm old"

>ITT: plebs who don't know the context of that statement
he was really just talking about the kinds classic films made in old Hollywood, he's not saying cinema is dead.

"No more capeshit please"

>I can only enjoy films with bright colors and explosions because I have the attention span of a 5 year old
kek Sup Forums what happened?

reddit invaded

Film is more corporate than ever before.
Risk taking is actively discouraged.
Artistry is reserved for Sundance and most of the shit there is just politicized garbage anyway.
Watching a movie is a big deal and costs a fair bit of money if you want to do it legit (remember an interview with Orson Welles where he said how cheap it was back in the day)
A character being flawed is now a movie criticism
There's politics and shit everywhere

him and quentin T would be best friends

Films are no longer art. They are propaganda pieces that must follow the Leftist, Jewish agenda. Comparing films by decade will quickly show that this true.

Scorsese is old enough to remember when non Jews were a majority of performers, directors, and producers, when there was real creative freedom instead of enforced propaganda.

We are being alienated from our culture and each other, being atomized.

nah, they're both shit

Scorsese hasn't done anything of worth for decades, though. So there's that

>enforced propaganda
Blame the audiences. Everyone is such a revolutionary these days, it's sickening.

Boomers ruined our culture for good. They changed tradition and social norms to benefit themselves at everyone else's expense.

What a pompous worthless faggot. His soul has been gone for 30 years.

Scorsese is one of the propagandists, you pleb.

Scorsese is old enough to remember Jews getting blacklisted for being leftist retard

watch more movies.

>things change and old men can't adapt

aka young people are adhd retards

>Scorsese is old enough to remember when non Jews were a majority of performers, directors, and producers

I had no idea Scorsese was born in the 19th century

That's anti-Semitic. Not all Jews are Communists.

Films are now made by comity and to appeal to the lowest common denominator instead of by a director who had an artistic vision.

Which is where the "Americans are really dumb" meme comes from. All their media is made to appeal to the dumbest Americans instead of their average or their best.

>I'm making

>Is gone

Poor old bugger is going senile.

huh

Committee, I mean.

It's not Boomers.
It is the cultural and institutional (education, religion, bureaucratic levels of government) infiltration by Leftism that is the problem. Boomers are like the new generations: too naive to believe what is in front of their eyes, and too lazy to do anything about it.

Wait 10 years and see what millenials have done about any of the attacks on them and their culture. Nothing...that is why the Left is winning.

If their films appealed only to the lowest common denominator then nobody would see them.
They appeal to most people.

No they use marketing to plug the gap. Also I have bad news for you if you are enjoying the majority of films produced by Hollywood these days.

I'm not especially devoted to hollywood, but like 90% of people I know love Marvel. The market shifts to what people buy.

>I love marvel
Either weak bait or pfffft hahahahhahaa.

speaking of weak bait...

He explained it in the whole article, the roller coaster movies have taken over

Gravity and Interstellar were good though.

Movies have always been bad. Admittedly, Hollywood had a golden age in like the 40s, but even then there are only ~100 movies from the era which are famous. The same is true now. There are many average movies and some good ones.