Velociraptors were knee height

>Velociraptors were knee height
>had feathers
>didn't hunt in packs
yet the public believe the Jurassic Park velocirapters existed. bothers me a bit desu

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor
youtube.com/watch?v=aTodrQ81YHs
amnh.org/exhibitions/whales-giants-of-the-deep/whale-evolution/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Utah Raptor was a real animal

go to bed Neil Degrasse Tyson

Hello, kind stranger, is this the reddit thread?

and the T-Rex looked like a giant chicken for in reality, do you think anyone would be scared of that?

They used Velociraptor because Deinonychus didn't sound catchy enough.

No it wasn't

>2017
>Still believing the "Dinosauars were real" meme

Dinosaurs aren't real you fucking cuck

can you send me some sources on this rather than just laugh or mock like a moron?

This. Go to any museum and they tell you that most of the models are made of clay and even then it is just guesswork.

the burden of proof is on you, since you are claiming they are real. how can I give you a source on something that doesnt exist?

>guesswork
This is true

They even guessed that any of these animals even existed

Why did we create their existence? to create a new line of work in archaeology? In attempt to add proof God doesn't exist?

But Hammond spared no expense. Of course he made them look cooler.

>to create a new line of work in archaeology
Exactly. You're not going to get funding if you say you are looking for old pots and pans in rome.

>>didn't hunt in packs

Source on this? I've never heard such a claim.

Modern day raptors aren't pack animals, so I suppose it's reasonable.

He fed them on a strict diet of chilli and sea bass which made them grow bigger. And smarter.

Satan travels the world burying fake Dinosaur bones to make mankind doubt the existence of the Lord. His deception has worked on you, it seems.

there is no evidence to say they hunted in packs. All Velocirapters have been discovered alone, whereas like this user mentioned, Deinonychus is more accurate since they hunted in packs

There's a lampshade-hanging line in Jurassic World where one of the scientists basically says their dinosaurs were never based on reality, and they were designed to fit the preconceptions of the customers.

It kinda worked, until you realize that many of the preconceptions people have about dinosaurs were created by the first Jurassic Park movie.

Yes

>65 million years
>manlets still haven't learned.

Spielberg based velociraptors off of Cassowaries and had to tone them down.

Holy fuck mate please don't tell me you really believe this

retard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor

>do you think anyone would be scared of that?

For anybody that gives a fuck, we even know what color the feathers were:

youtube.com/watch?v=aTodrQ81YHs

so you faggots think the T-Rex could fly?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Skip three minutes in to get into the meaty part.

uh no? You're the retard if you dont find these animals a little bit scary

scales or feathers, I wouldn't want to fuck with them

terror birds couldn't fly

Eeeee its so cute! :3

>not wanting a bunch of tiny dinosaurs on your keyboard

This is the same reason I didn't like The Danish Girl

these would fuck you up

I don't like birds because they indiscriminately shit whenever they feel like. Same with rodents and reptiles. They're cute but I want to hold them without having do deal with being shat on

They are gross and poop constantly.

is there evidence of the spineasaurus eqypticus?

There's almost nothing of the Spinosaurus .

So the oxygen levels of earth at that time allowed the dinosaurs and insects to be so big?

>tfw dinosaurs were pretty fucking big, but not really as huge as you imagined when you were younger
Could've swore some dinos were shown larger when I was growing up. Feels like more of that Berenstain/stein shit going on.

I think it's retarded that people actually think dinosaurs were real.

It's literally just hack scientists making up shit by putting together bones and fossils and shit that probably aren't even from the same animals.

Yeah, sure there were fucking giant dragon monsters, paleontologists. Let's give you some more grant money you fucking liars.

Tons of oxygen, and the abundance of other animals/food sources at the time.
As certain types of food diminished, animals had to get smaller to adapt. (with a few exceptions, like whales, sharks and alligators, which eat pretty much the same as what they did back then)

then because of these fossils being discovered, its fair to say we don't know if dinosaurs were real or not? its upto interpretation, the fossils could be something else entirely, but we don't know.

saying they don't exist is a bit retarded on that basis.

I know you're just funposting right now, but you do bring up an interesting theory, sort of.
I've always wondered if myths of "dragons" were actually just people who accidently dug up dino bones a long time ago.
They see all these giant reptile skulls and bones in the ground, then take them to the king and say
>Yea, I killed this thing! It was huge and it.. it breathed fire!

Your link doesn't prove that there's a Utah Raptor

OP, the dinosaurs in JP were not dinosaurs. Dr. Wu filled them with non-dinosaur DNA to fill the gaps. Many times, weird things came out and he had to restart from scratches.
These artificial animals are what the scientist team thought was a believable dinosaur simulation at the moment.

This is why JP is so genius. Is still valid regardless what we will discover about dinos.

>watch bootleg copy of jurassic world
>scene with that phony dickhead comes up: "Heh your lookin at him kid"

Makes that faggot look like an even bigger douche now that you know raptors were the size of turkeys

I remember in a book I had they described retrieving a potential "pack" of raptors in mongolia along with a big herbivore. They did not know if the herbivore gave them hell before dying causing casualties or those were carcasses gathered by a flood.

why do we even give a shit about giant birds that went extinct 66 million years ago?

>This is why JP is so genius.

Fake dinosaur simulations are genius? Just kys

If they have so little to go on then how have people in this field of study managed to reconstruct what they looked like and be confident in it?

In Doctor Grant's words:
>What John Hammond, and Ingen did at Jurassic Park was to create genetically engineered theme park monsters. Nothing more.

Them dinosayures in Jurassic Park is Dynonicus. Velocirapator is the cooler name and they are simmilar animals so thats why they changed it

>Velociraptors were knee height

they literally had heads as big as horses you dumb fuck kys asap.

They never found the bones, they are basing it off of one claw. They even said so in Jurassic Park I

It could've belonged to anything really.

You completely missed the point of both book and of what I said.

Do you have any fucking idea how many "species" these paleontologists have created out of the fucking blue based on one single piece of evidence such as a bone, a claw, a tooth or a jaw they found in one specific location?
For all we know up to half the dinosaur species we know about may have never even existed.
We don't know how dinosaurs even looked like.
Yes, we know they had feathers and we can say for sure their posture as portrayed in the JP franchise is accurate, but aside from a few other things, that's about it.

Unless we discover a mass pit full of perfectly preserved fossils all we can do is speculate about these animals. This is why I think people obsessed with dinosaurs are just wasting their time. May as well spend your time playing videogames.

Fakes aren't cool, they're abominations. You're just getting something someone working with clay could make a better copy of

damn you are fucking stupid

I meant the concept of the book and and the meaning Crichton gave to it, not the PARK.
This is the best board of Sup Forums, but is the most autistic too.

Like the Brontosaurus.

Was Brontosaurus the original Pluto?

>Brontosaurus.
Book is still out on that.

I'm still waiting for you to convince me of how splicing up DNA from different animals is supposed produce the genuine article and not some freak chimera

Wow

Now this is a real dinosaur. Not some bullshit movie shit.

This is what dinosaurs looked like you damn retards

Is what happened, very often. Many animals were aberrant. And yes, I know that, I am a geneticist :D
But I suspend my disbelief for the story. You really have autism.

It's a shame really
Then you see guys like this falling for whatever bs they publish and release to the public in order to continue funding on their make-believe fantasy digs
aka: paid vacations

Wait a second here

Did whales sharks and alligators not evolve?

Think about it.
If you knew pretty much knew how a bobcat worked, and you found a lion skull, you could reasonably figure out the rest of it.
Now multiply that over several different specimens and species. Of course, it's way more complicated than that, but that's a broad overview.

I was not talking about that. The point was that regardless what the paleontologists currently SAY (not entering in the merit of the validity of the claims), the book remains "actual" because does not treat the work of the scientist as a true dinosaur simulation, but as a fucked-up simulation involving different species, many mistakes, and a biased view of what a dinosaur looks like.

It was an observation concerning the book and its premises, not paleontology.

You are genuinely stupid.

Stop. Is embarrassing.

stop replying to me you retarded motherfucker
kys

Whales a ton.

They left water, grew legs, then went back into the water. Dumb mammalfish.

Sharks are pretty much perfect and the design hasn't changed much.

Crocodiles aren't exactly the same, but pretty goddamn close. You'd see creatures back then that were almost indistinguishable to the average person.

O_O
Man I don't know why you have a personal vendetta against paleontologists (and I am not one) but you went completely off rails.

What. The. Fuck.

I think you're stupid for believing their fantastic conclusions they draw up because of one chicken bone fragment they found somewhere

i have no idea how you function in day to day life

you honestly must have 90iq maximum

you literally can't read

jesus christ

You're insanely ignorant about the current state of paleontology.

>whales
>contemporary to dinosaurs

Dude what? You know mammals back then were less than rats, right? You know that whales are mammals, right?

I don't believe you about the whales. Sounds like stoner talk

I think I'm spot on to be perfectly honest, at it's core it's just a bunch of guys spending someone else's money to find something. When they don't they just make shit up at the risk of losing their jobs

Eh, sorry to dissapoint you, but this is correct according to science.

Well, you know how all life came from the water?

Whales went back.
amnh.org/exhibitions/whales-giants-of-the-deep/whale-evolution/

Other people, perhaps more qualified than me, commented and will commented about paleontology, but again, it was not the point of my posts, that at this point I kindly ask you to re-read with an open mind.

I was commenting the book and its choices.
>(not entering in the merit of the validity of the claims)

Sir, I called you autistic but at this point I think we are more into functional illiteracy. You can write and read but you are unable to grasp the actual meaning.

Which Paleontologist chad is fucking your GF?

Because I feel forced to ask at this point.

They admitted to genetically modifying the dinosaurs you fuck tard. Its called fucking sci fi.

This isn't the 1800s anymore. Drinker and Marsh are running around digging shit up to get famous and win renown/cash.

You don't understand how a grant works. Not to mention that paleontology grants are issued without expectations of finding a complete t-rex skeleton every time you stick a shovel in the ground.

It's not like oil companies are paying people to find dinosaurs. Nobody looking for cash becomes a paleontologist.

What was that tri-guys problem? Everyone was chill until he arrived

>are
aren't

Wtf is your point, stop bullshitting and spit it out
I'm not re-reading your tripe

>Could've swore some dinos were shown larger when I was growing up. Feels like more of that Berenstain/stein shit going on.
Their sizes are the same, they're just depicted leaning down like birds now instead of standing upright.

It's worse than the 1800's
There's nothing more to find, they're getting desperate. Complete fossils are becoming more rare. They have to put up and not necessarily shut up, that's why they can talk in circles
They do this to preserve their livelihood

Hello!