LUKE: Is the dark side stronger?

>LUKE: Is the dark side stronger?
>YODA: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
Yoda is a liar. The dark side consistently gets better results despite being outnumbered.

>Episode 1
Darth Maul fights Qui-gon Jin and Obi-wan at the same time, kills Qui-gon. Loses to Obi-wan, though it was hardly a fair fight, Maul thinks the fight is over and is taken by surprise.
JEDI 1
SITH 1

>Episode 2
Count Dooku fights Obi-wan and Anakin at the same time, defeats them both. Later fights Yoda, the most powerful Jedi. The fight is inconclusive but Dooku retreats with the rest of his army.
JEDI 1
SITH 3

>Episode 3
Again Anakin and Obi wan assault old man man Dooku. Obi-wan is incapacitated, Anakin manages to disarm and kill Dooku, though to do this he channels the dark side.
Yoda and the Emperor fight, the result is inconclusive though Yoda retreats.
Anakin and Obi wan fight, at great length Obi-wan defeats Anakin.
JEDI 3
SITH 4

>Episode 4
old man Obi wan and cyborg Vader fight. Obi wan is defeated, though he gave up trying at the end.
JEDI 3
SITH 5

>Episode 5
Luke and Vader fight,Vader goes easy on him as it is his intention to bring Luke to the dark side, not kill him. Luke is disarmed and attempts to commit suicide. I consider this to be a Jedi defeat.
JEDI 3
SITH 6

>Episode 6
Luke and Vader fight, at great length Vader is defeated, though Luke had to channel the dark side to do it.
The emperor attacks Luke, Luke refuses to fight back. While distracted,Vader sneak attacks the emperor.
JEDI 5
SITH 6

>Episode 7
Rey and Kylo Ren fight. The fight is inconclusive, with both side forced to retreat due to environmental concerns. Rey is untrained, though she did have a non-force user ally in Finn, and Kylo Ren was injured.
JEDI 5
SITH 6

of the 9 fights between Sith and Jedi, 5 had the Jedi forces outnumbering the Sith. Of the 5 jedi victories- 2 involved channelling the dark side, and 2 involved a sneak attack. Only Obi wan managed to fairly defeat a sith using the light side of the force only.

What did Lucas mean by this?

>luke uses the force to blow up death star
jedi +1

Why not use the dark side of the force for good. Why not behave as a peaceful jedi with all force powers?

You missed sheev killing the nigg

Bcuz its dark!!!!!

You forgot yoda appears in empire
Lucas only made a new hope
I meant he shot the footage for a new hope.
More competent people made and wrote star wars.
Lucas only negotiated before SW was a success that all rights / contract pts would go to him
Then he really tried making a SW trilogy and what we got was a mess written and directed by an 8 y/o
In an interview you can see how he lucas is clearly more energized about the contract stuff than SW. He knows that 1 deal made him his fortune and is his only true accomplishment besides giving the original spark to make a sci fi ww2 movie about a used car salesman

>literally powered by fear, hate, and anger
>use it for good

lmaoing at your retard. how can a children's movie be too complicated to understand?

whats up with tha pic

You forgot the big one where one (one!) sith outsmarts the entire jedi order.

y r u quoting me

The dark side is of course stronger.

Sheev fooled the entire Jedi temple.

Sith don't get to merge with the force after death.

Only someone without (or purged of) the dark side gets to live on in the afterlife and watch you masturbate in the shower.

So Jedi are a little like some cultural groups today: shit at fighting but doomed to die trying, due to a belief in immortal life after death.

He meant you're a retard. You're completely ignoring things like potential and training. Maul was > Obi-wan and Qui-Gon in raw power, irrelevant of what side they were on.

Dooku has a 60+ years of experience and defeats a pre-prime Anakin and Obi-Wan. Loses to Yoda.

Yoda disarms Sidious and only "loses" due to footing and Sidious' reinforcements arriving.

Obi-Wan let Vader win in ANH.

Basically you're a fag.

Grey Jedis kinda do this.

You have to use powerful emotions to fuel your dark side and these powerful emotions are usually "bad" so you end up doing bad things.

Its alright to be confused, OP. I got you.

Here I have a visual representation of the scenario.

Why not use your intelligence for good. Why not behave as a peaceful human race with all knowledge power?

But here we are meeming and shitposting all day.

whats that website where you build a lightsaber

This!

That proves his point buggs is faster

But he still loses, Jimmy.

Do you know why?

>Loses to Yoda.
Nu uh he only run away because the army was coming look how easily he threw the rock at ani and how yoda was strugling

Because the Jedi are afforded the power to multiply their power?

Fat neckbeard tells you to pick up your burger wrapper? You tell him to fuck off.

Same thing but he now has the right to cut you in half with a laser sword if you say no. You pick up the wrapper.

Until chantards get lightsabers and force powers and the ability to use them to kill their enemies (jocks, the gainfully employed, the socially adjusted) they may as well just meme and shiptpost.

The question about who is stronger!

He was clearly outclassed despite Yoda holding back.

The question was*

Stronger is a point of view, Phillip. Sure they get the immediate results, but at the end of the day they still lose like the bitches they are.

>Yoda holding back.
Why would yoda hold back againts a sith when 2 jedis are in danger

>Sith don't get to merge with the force after death.
>Only someone without (or purged of) the dark side gets to live on in the afterlife and watch you masturbate in the shower.
No. Read the EU

why can't fear, hate, and anger be used for good?

> only "loses" due to footing
not going to bother with this post t.bh

episode 7 is just disney fanfiction.

>but at the end of the day they still lose
Do they?
I mean the whole jedi order was destroyed it never truly recover

The sith ruled the ruled the galaxy for many years

And with the current canon they are still strong

>Read the EU

Dude, I'm a Jedi spirit infesting your computer and I watch you every morning. It's called 'phimosis' by the way, you should really see a doctor.

Plus which if I wanted to devote hundreds of hours to something, it wouldn't be a shitty space fantasy series that really should have died by the 90's.

>Yoda and the Emperor fight, the result is inconclusive though Yoda retreats.
Its explained in the novelization of Revenge of the Sith. Basically Yoda realizes that he can't fight fire with fire. Anything either one could throw at the other, could be countered until the planet is basically torn apart. He realizes that the sith have been training for centuries in secret with a very specific goal of defeating the jedi, while the Jedi have grown fat an lazy. Yoda gives up because he knows he can't win, and the only outcome of prolonging the fight is going to be more and more collateral damage.

What the fuck is he supposed to say? "Yeah, man. Gor for it!"?

>implying heroes need to live to win
>implying every villainous plot doesn't get foiled

Justin, I hate to break it to you but if you kill your enemies, they lose.

Because they kick you out of their gay little club. Unless you're Mace "Heart Crusher" Windu, they don't want to be racist

>He thinks I have foreskin
Kek

That having the high ground is everything.

>Why not use the dark side of the force for good.
Because you goomba, if you're using the dark side of the force then you're not using it for good, by definition of exclusivity. It's not supposed to be a skill tree that gives you access to force lighting its about the nature of your actions.

The sith are used to live with almost nothing and got a really nice, despite short spanned, bonus with the creation of the empire. Once the empire gets defeated sure they aren't too happy about it just scales things down a bit for them. We still need some backstory about snoke but it seems that being a sith isn't as bad as it was before sheev created the empire

Meanwhile the jedis have lived like rich NEETs on government subsidies for hundreds of years, they get genocided and there's only one left at the end of RotJ and despite everything he fails his nephew's Jedi training and goes into hiding on a remote planet

It's a clear victory for the siths

Sounds like the propaganda of the people who train emotionally stunted child soldiers to me.

Technically the sith achieved a decisive victory because Yoda and Obi-Wan both died before Luke declared himself a jedi, meaning there was a brief period when the jedi were extinct and the sith ruled the galaxy.

light/dark is jedi propaganda

It should be shallow/deep. Jedi just skim the surface of the force. The Sith can do all kinds of shit and can create life or even stop someone from dying.

I can see why you would be confused. The Yoda that shows up in empire and jedi is a different green guy named yoda that has no relation to the jedi master in the prequels.

Dark Side gives you 1.5x exp gain

Light side gives you 1.5x will regeneration and 1+ to every stat on level up

So a top tier Light side user will always beat out against a Dark side user of a similar level and dominates at the level cap

> Yoda is a liar. The dark side consistently gets better results despite being outnumbered.

Yoda has lived for nine hundred years - in eight hundred of those he trained jedi and there was no sith to be heard of. Why should he think the dark side is more powerful just because of a few recent events?

>almost no sith, shit sucks for them
>jedi are fucking killing it
>sith chimp out, die
>almost no jedi, shit sucks for everybody now

sith are niggers.

>I hate to break it to you but if you kill your enemies, they lose
But they sith killed their enemies so by that logic the jedis lose

Yoda knows the light side is stronger because he has achieved enlightenment and is aware that he is in a kids' movie and that the good guys will always win.

the worst part of star wars lore is definitely the thousands of years where nothing interesting happens

You forgot about the hundreds of jedis who got rekt during the order 66. And for many of them it didn't even take a sith to kill them, a few clones were enough even for some jedis sitting at the Jedi council.

Seems in all the games the average sith grunt reks the average jedi grunt. But Jedi Masters can beat Sith Masters.

Seems a GOOD jedi is better than a good sith, but a bad sith is better than a bad jedi.

>before Luke declared himself a jedi
Is that even legal like dont you need to get at least another jedi make the transition legit

Well lets take a tally of Jedi and Sith left standing at the end of the movies.
>Jedi
>Sith
oh wait there aren't any sith left standing.

>So a top tier Light side user will always beat out against a Dark side user of a similar level and dominates at the level cap
But force storm tho

No wonder the yoda from ep 5 was a crazy goblin compared the green guy from the prequels

How is Yoda so strong?
He never has the high ground.

Light sides stats are just too high, take Luke in Return of the Jedi

He tanks multiple force lightnings, without bleeding or losing conscious, his HP was still very high. He was just being stun locked and waiting for the Emperors cool down to strike.

Vader steps in before that, takes one hit from Force Lightning and dies.

You could consider Luke to have founded a new order, meaning he doesn't need anyone to legitimise it as he is the supreme authority of it.

>Yoda and the Emperor fight, the result is inconclusive though Yoda retreats
I don't think we saw the same movie. Yoda lost by far.

Snoke probably

>Well lets take a tally of Jedi and Sith left standing at the end of the movies.

Lets not forget episode seven which has Kylo Ren (Darth Vader) hunt and down and kill the jedi for the first order (the empire) resetting everything for Disney $$$

>a challenger approaches
So you think disney is gonna let the sith win this round?

Um like luke is grey jedi not a full one so in the end there were no true jedis

>So you think disney is gonna let the sith win this round?

Who cares? They will remake the same shit as long as it makes money even if it makes no sense and adds nothing new to the story. Cashgrabs.

the emperor had the high ground though

ur a funny cunt u no that

Jew detected

Pretty sure that lucas meant that title for vader who came back from the dark side

>Something Yoda said in ESB
>debunking it with episodes 1,2,3, and 7
Fuck you

I bet you thought this was intelligent or would provoke interesting conversation

Well using both makes you stronger. Case and point Mace Windu.

The only canon movies are ep4, 5, some bits of 6 and Rogue One

>who came back from the dark side
But Luke is the grey one?

Well im getting tons of
>(You)s

>current canon
>still strong
Snoke and Ren aren't Sith though, so says the writers.

Uh yeah he even uses force lightning

Yoda and Obi-Wan are "stronger" because, once dead, they become one with the Force, essentially living forever.

Maul got chopped in half.

Yes, Maul defeated Qui-Gon in a duel, because the dark side is quicker. Easier. More seductive. However, he is now gone. What Yoda said is entirely accurate.

I can argue with your subsequent examples as well but I feel I've made my point.

Not canon

You conveniently forgot Mace beating Sheev

There is more uses for thw force than fucking sword fighting. The light has the ghost thing, the dark side can see the future and other esoteric shit, both seem pretty good Tbh senpai

It was a 4v2 (Windu and 3 jedis vs Sheev + Anakin) and the sith team won

> implying

Mace Dindu did that

Then what are they

kek

well wtf do the writers say they are?

wrong. dark side is powered simply by emotions.

Fags

They haven't said, it's assumed they're just dark side users, not Sith, until they actually explain who/what Snoke is in Ep VIII.

>He realizes that the sith have been training for centuries in secret with a very specific goal of defeating the jedi, while the Jedi have grown fat an lazy
1 sith actually only 1.

losers

what's the best star wars spin off movie we could get?

His whole lightsaber fighting style is jumping around on walls and shit though, he knows all about high ground

Sith goals and Sith methods, but not Sith. Seems like the writers are just trying to be different for the sake of being different. Inb4 they make up some new bullshit name for them because Disney loves shitting on the original series.

Eu isnt canon. Get that into your head. Thanks.

the old republic
sith and jedi running around everywhere,
much better than the gay shit now
>oh no it's 1 vs 1 again

they are knights kek
to be honest Snoke was really a stupid name,

They are rens