Blade Runner 2049

I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE SCARED OF A SEQUEL IN MY FUCKING LIFE

THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS FILM TO EXIST AT ALL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RScZrvTebeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I know it's redundant and probably shouldn't even exist, but I liked the trailer

>Year of our lord 2016
>Doubting based Villeneuve

You're acting like this is being treated like many shitty adaptations (like GITS) or reboots like Spiderman or Robocop or some shit.

What are they basing it on?
Philip K. Dick only wrote one book that Blade Runner is based around, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"

I don't understand how they could make a sequel.

I hate the fucking title, naming shit like that is Video Game Marketing.

>Battlefield 1942
>SimCity 2000
>Blade Runner 2048

Hell just like CD Projekt Red revamp Cyberpunk 2077 into a good Blade Runner RPG.

I think its looks pretty good from the teaser. Just hope they dont go OTT with the CGI.

It's memeneuve directing so you know it's going to be shit

They've damaged Alien with a shitty prequel
They've damaged Star Wars with shitty prequels
They've damaged Indiana Jones with a shitty sequel
They will NOT be damaging Bladerunner for me ... this shit is on boycott. Join us OP

he's pretty mediocre
he's like christoph nolan if all his films were tdkr

why would you do that

>I liked the trailer

it didn't even show anything

The bigger the budget, the shittier it will be

It's part of Ford's big plan to kill off every iconic character he ever played

Can we please just let harrison rest? I'm sick of seeing grumpy grampa Ford in movies. Especially sequels to beloved franchises. Just brings me down man.

When I saw Old Crusty Harrison Ford and Bloated Hag Carrie Fischer in that new star wars I let out an somber 'well fuck'.

>Ford's big plan
Doesn't look like anything to me

>grumpy grampa Ford
Throw some fucking flannel on him and give him a grey beard and beer gut and he looks like my grandpa.

There is one reason for this film to exist: to make money off of people like you who will see it no matter what.

Well congratulations. now whats the next step of your master plan?

everything about this movie sounds promoising

>KINOneuve
>roger deakins
>very sparingly used cg
>goosling in autism mode
>waifus
>rated R
>straight white male protagonist (no sjw pandering)

Putting Deckard in it kinda ruins some of the mystery of the first one's ending.

So for a trailer with almost nothing in it, it did a good job of fucking things up already.

I wanna see Batista and Mackenzie Davis!

>SCARED OF A SEQUEL

You should kys desu.

them just throwing deckard into the trailer was kinda bullshit

still gonna see it, hopeful

Man something is telling me they will fuck it up.
Somewhere down the production line I think this movie will take a hit and be just another theatrical piece of trash with generic detective story and hip plot twist at the end for the young kids.

robin wright is also a great momfu
carla juri and sylvia hoecks are qts too

but ana de armas will probably be the hottest

No, Allen.

More like doubting Goose

Looks a hell of a lot more promising than Alien: Coven (pronounced Oven).

Also, people who have read the script have said there is a massive twist to the film that won't be revealed in the trailers.

I'm assuming we're in some sort of future where everyone, or a very large amount, of people are Replicants. Something like that.

>get home after a long day riding around on the subway, staring intensely at cute replicants
>take off my trenchcoat and throw it onto my bedroom floor
>notice how worn the fabric is
>it's covered in rips and chinese food and still reeks of the time I spilled one of my piss jars on it
>pick up the coat and inhale deeply
>remember all the great times I've had wearing this classic trench
>put it back on, one last time
>one final bladerun
>stride mysteriously out of my room
>travel up the corridor
>step into my mother's room to ask her to drive me to the shops so she can buy me another raincoat I can glue cotton balls to
>my mother is on the bed, four fingers plunging furiously in and out of her quivering vagina
>she's shocked but too close to cumming to stop
>about to back out but the trench infuses me with the spirit of the bladerunner
>leap onto the bed and whip out my phimosis encrusted dick
>stab at my mothers engorged labia, ejaculating dark grey semen all over her hand
>collapse on top of her, whimpering "I...I've seen things you normies wouldn't believe... dumb frogposters getting banned off the board of Sup Forums... I watched cp spammed in tomorrow theme during gamergate... all those moments will be lost in time, like dubs in the archive... time to check 'em"
>take the coat off my face
>I'm actually lying in a gutter
>covered in shit and garbage
>my mom kicked me out six months ago due to my NEET lifestyle
>pop the collar on my crusty bladerunner raincoat
>point my fingers to the stars like a gun
>fire the gun and bring my finger to my lips and blow
>"See you, space robots..."
>tense my bowels as hard as I can and shit diarrhoea down my legs for warmth as I roll over for the night
>it's going to be a long 2049

Gb2ur Refn/Snyder/Nolan praising threads, edgelord

I'm still torn on GITS.

The trailer contained enough odd stuff that it sort of gives me hope that it might at least be interesting, even though I can't say it looks good.

Which is better than 99% of the other shit we're getting next year.

Have you read Androids?

They could literally shoot that book and have a completely different (but equally good) film from the original Blade Runner. The film really only borrows the basic outline from the novella.

There's an extended sequence in the book involving a police station - and given that some people are hinting at some big twist in the concept for this, I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar to that sequence.

>Putting Deckard in it kinda ruins some of the mystery of the first one's ending.

Could resolve this by having the 2nd movie be the false memory of a replicant

So we still won't know

>it was all a dream
So this... is the power... of KINO

>NO REASON
The reason is money, the same reason we're getting an Alien soft reboot instead of a proper Prometheus sequel.

the whole first movie was literally "your memories are a dream you robot fags"

Who gives a fuck about a twist ending, make a fucking decent movie first. It really is over isn't it

>90s + 00s
>awful remakes

>10s+XXs
>capeshit and soft reboots

What's next for this lovely medium?

nerds were in2 comics before vidya

next generation will be vidya kino

quality im looking forward to Zelda movies. thats the only game i enjoyed

Even if that was the primary concept explored in the original, that doesn't mean its a good idea to make a blade runner sequel into "it was a dream all along" garbage.

why not? we don't even know whether the first movie was a replicants fake memory or not

once you tell the audiene that it's possible then it becomes much more likely to be that way

maybe stupid parodies/satirical movies will make a comeback?

Why not? Who made you the final arbiter of what is or isn't a good idea?

Go fuck yourself.

It's been a while since I've played the click and point game, but I remember they adapted the fake police station scene from the book there

>take one concept out of many from an above average 80s sci-fi flick
>omit everything else
>make sequel

Please continue tiptoeing in the shallow end, faggot. I can see this is 2deep4u.

Exactly, this is the first one that seems to be properly taken care of

>one concept o

what other concepts were there senpai? please tell

>Scott
>fucking up Alien franchise
>about to fucking destroy blade runner franchise
can 2016 claim Scott already

I'm stealing this

>They've damaged Alien with a shitty prequel
opinion discarded

Goose investigates a case (or is the prime suspect of one) that is connected to the events of the first film. I'd like it to be something along these lines.

Merry Christmas

Also having Deckard only mention or referenced would be great.

Is /myguy/ playing a replicant?

Why? A sequel does not retroactivley ruin a orginal.

If its bad then ignore it.

matrix sequels kinda ruined it for me cause they 'fill in the blanks' with 'garbage' where before you didnt have it

i guess thats the only danger with a bad sequel

Jewlywood must be in a real creativity crisis.

I have faith. If Trump can win office and save the earth, we can get a good Blade Runner sequel.

wow

Most of them are in it for the money. They've recently found a formula that works: capeshit and remakes / reboots, both of which evoke nostalgia for the current generation of 18-40 year olds. These people grew up on comic books and classics of the 80s / 90s and are more than willing to pay to experience these things in adulthood

Hopefully this movie will have a completely nonsensical plot that makes no sense and is complete dogshit but makes me feel smug, smart and superior for appreciating it

I don't know about you, but I will be the first one clapping and cheering in the theater at the opening credits which will undoubtably have a nod and wink to the past in it to stir some meme nostalgia

THAT is good film making

see you at the movies!!!!!!

Requesting webm of goose cucking refn please

here is another "I hate everything just for the sake of hating ",Benis is a much better reddit director than Nolan from a mainstream hollywood movie standpoint, atleast he isn't a fucking exposition machine.

I'd be honored if Goose cucked me.

>Deakin
>Promising
enjoy your orange filter faggot

the thing is goose is kino, villeneuve is kino but harrison ford is in it with his fucking gray t-shirt as an old man it's the one thing i'm worried about. It can't end well.
the street scene in the trailer looks very bad compared to sets in the original it's literally just fake snow and blue lighting

also what the fuck was that stupid desert scene with disgusting orange lighting, when i want to watch cyberpunk kino i don't want to see deserts and ORANGE

that goose brow raise when the loli mounts the pillow. fucking wew lad.

Don't worry, memetastic heartthrob Ryan "The Goose" Gosling will be starring along side a pretty girl who possess a thick accent and breasts more famous than herself.

what did he mean by this?

>Literally the same Director, Cinematographer and Composer of Prisoners, one of the most legitimate excellent works of the 21st century
>Literally the original writer
>HUUR DUUUR I'M SO SCARED THIS IS GONNA SUCK

Man fuck you

That's why it's good

Comfy af!

>ubuntu

:^)

Will the Goose be a replicant or a real human bean?

YOU JUST KNOW

Can the soundtrack even come close to Vangelis?
youtube.com/watch?v=RScZrvTebeA

>Ryan Gosling
>Ana de Armas
Just why

I like Villeneuve a lot, but in no way in hell am I going to pay to watch this.

>Can the soundtrack even come close to Vangelis?

never

>free pizza girl
>real human bean

literally both great
what's wrong with them?

>also what the fuck was that stupid desert scene

Expanding deserts are a real threat to megacities and just cities in general. It's an issue in China. When Gostling enters the hotel there's some Korean glyphs at the top of the entrance. Maybe there's some alternative future plot where Koreans escape to China to save themselves from rising sea levels and build a small town, but due to sand storms and encrouching desert they have to leave. So this Deckard vagabond then inhabits the place.

If anywhere modern storytelling of cyberpunk should take place in China.

I will because I played DEus Ex human revolutiona nd this was epitome of cyberpunk and that specific aesthetic is what pushed this for this film, it's fucking amazing

WAIT

VANGELIS NOT INVOLVED?

FUCKING DROPPPPEEDDDD

bump for discussion

I think we all agree Deckard is not a replicant else it ruins everything about the original movie and is just a tacked on false pretense.

The original waifu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new girl

Who's the new gurl? Is she a robot too ?

Blade Runner without Vangelis is like a Terminator movie without Brad Fiedel.

into the trash it goes

>music by Pharrell Williams

Plot outline of Bladerunner 2049:

Its essentially season 2 of The Big-O anime. Everyone is a replicant and doesn't know it now and the old Earth has been destroyed.

Thats where all that sand and that busted statue come into play. Its leftovers from the apocalypse.

Deckard is literally just a replicant of his former replicant self that was destroyed in the cataclysm.

>replicant of a replicant

How deep does this go?

>THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS FILM TO EXIST AT ALL
You guy memed it too much, Sup Forums should ban anyone with a tumblr account.

It's by Johann Johannnnssssson though.

I'm more excited about a Blade Runner sequel made by Villeneuve than a Blade Runner sequel being made.

can you pass on autism to your children?

> Want to hate this movie
> Can't since Villeneuve is directing it