Apart from The Jam, what is some essential mod music?

Apart from The Jam, what is some essential mod music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ya_QZXqHyZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Sjjdc5f9ho4
youtube.com/watch?v=rH2oEM1QhKE
youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4
mediafire.com/file/1btk9bay6pcanjj/Vol. 06 (LP) - Th
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

original mod:
The Who
The Kinks
Small Faces
The Easybeats

mod revival
Paul Weller solo
Secret Affair
The Prisoners
The Times

The Who were never mod they were rock, fuckin sake. Mod was English teenagers listening to American soul. The Kinks??? I'm commuting suicide, this is ridiculous. And troggs were dungeon synth look.

Ocean Colour Scene

This. Mods listened to ska and motown
youtube.com/watch?v=Ya_QZXqHyZ4

Northern soul baby

Have you ever listened to early Kinks, you fucking cretin?

I don't believe in mod as a genre I think it was invented by 30 y.o.s in the nineties as they preyed on young women at the student union.

Yeah it's like Syd Barrett's Pink Floyd.

Well you're deaf

damn, this is great. it sounds really familiar, was it sampled somewhere?

The Who's first album was originally going to be all R&B covers.

Early mods listened to USA blues and Jazz.
Also
Georgie Fame.
Small Faces.

Revival era.
the Jam
Eleanor Rigby

youtube.com/watch?v=Sjjdc5f9ho4

Get Decca "Mod Scene" compilation.
Actually, all those Decca Scene compilations are brilliant (Freakbeat, Northern Soul etc).

Pic.

If kids today are even interested in mod culture is because Quadrophenia

If there are any other revival Mods on here do you Remember Mark Johnson?

this is an original mod band
Mod is a group of aesthetic codes, not a music genre

You're a fucking moron. Listen to the songs they released as The High Numbers.

youtube.com/watch?v=rH2oEM1QhKE

Oh my fucking god. You haven't a clue.

any record from Motown, Stax, Trojan and Pama

Cathy McGowan "Queen of the Mods".

Aka "Susan" in a Hard Day's Night
>Oh, you mean the posh bird who gets everything wrong?
>Oh, yes, the lads frequently gather round the T.V. set to watch her for a giggle. Once we even all sat down and wrote these letters saying how gear she was and all that rubbish.
>She's a drag and well known one. We turn down the sound on her and say rude things.

Savage George Harrison.

Some good references on this board, so allow me to throw in some obscure, but equally important "Mod" bands

Original: The Action
The Cration
John's Children (Marc Bolan's first band before T-Rex)
ANY David Bowie when he still went by David Jones, particularly The Lower Third, and The Kingbees
The Smoke

Mod Revival: Squire
The Chords
The Purple Hearts
Merton Parkas
The Circle
The Lambrettas

Also, Mods were very much into 60s soul and R&B, so anything released on Mowtown and its subsidiaries, like Gordy and Tamla, and releases on Atlantic and Stax.

Also, Mods were very much into Ska music

I'm sure more people will contribute to this thread with more obvious bands like The Yardbirds. There is still debate on weather or not The Beatles and The Rolling Stones were considered "Mod" bands. I've discovered that this really depends on the individual. I always considered them Mod bands, and so have some old timers I've talked with, but there are others who do not consider them Mod bands.

The Who as individuals, did not consider themselves Mods, but they WERE considered a Mod band. Also The Kinks were considered a Mod band. As with The Beatles and The Stones, it really depends on the individual weather or not The Troggs were considered a Mod band. I believe they were, and many old time Mods I've talked to feel the same way, but I've also met some old timers who did not consider The Troggs to be a Mod band.

Please remember that Mod was was not a musical style or fashion trend, but a youth subculture, and, in many ways, the 60s version of Punk.

To understand Mods is to have a grasp of post World War Two Britain and the influence that American culture had on helping to rebuild the country.

Please keep that in mind before telling me that certain bands are not "Mod".

John Lennon proclaimed himself to be a "Mocker"

Great film. Got the RSG reference immediately

The Specials broski. youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4

If you can find it, there's a compilation called Pebbles Volume 6. Essential listening of totally obscure white British bands trying their hand at American blues and R&B. It even says "Roots of Mod" on the cover. (Also a very obscure Rolling Stones song performed under the name "Bo & Peep")

I think you meant THE CREATION

that was Ringo bruh

Just thought I 'd post some actual Mods riding their scooters.

I was a revival mod who turned scooter boy.

The 80's scooter scene was excellent, ride 200 miles on a 20 year old lambretta which has 6v lights, get drunk, dance to a band, crash in your tent, go home & do it all again a fortnight later.

There is nothing like that for 18 year olds now.
But I think they would enjoy it.

>There is nothing like that for 18 year olds now.
>But I think they would enjoy it.
They still do it. Kids will always fuck about on motorbikes.

But scooters were the preferred transport of Mods in the first place, unless it was pissing rain, and even then, some still braved the weather on them.

Besides, kids today just want to sit in front of the computer screen anyway. Shame, really.

The mods never existed

then neither punks and skinheads did

mediafire.com/file/1btk9bay6pcanjj/Vol. 06 (LP) - Th
Here lad, I have a bunch of other volumes uploaded if you want as well.