Doctor Who General - /who/ - Festive Feast Edition

I didn't had a computer yesterday to wish to all of you a happy Merry Christmas so I'm doing it now.

Merry Christmas /who/, I'm glad that there's people in here happy and well or that is doing their best to achieve that, thank you very much.

LAST EDITION:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9h18LF1YY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ratings are in.

5.6 million.

Yeah the show's fucking dead. That's terrible.

I MAKE CHIPS!

About a 0.2 decrease from Husbands' overnight figure

DOCTOR CHANNNG

>just finished the Christmas special
>the Doctor is sad
>"Not this bloody Clara thing again!"
>I didn't even get that 24 years thing
>episode ends
>her name was River Song
>that little explanation by Nardole
>pic related

F-fuck... I didn't need those feels...

Also episode was surprisingly good.

Why didn't they cover the ramifications of a superhero being on the news and public knowledge?

Only just finished watching it, haven't seen /who/'s opinions yet. Personally I think its worst offence was being mediocre. When I saw the trailer I thought it looked like Moffat was doing a satire of super hero movies but forgot to include the satire part and accidentally made a genuine B-movie. I was pretty much right, except it wasn't even particularly terrible. It was just there. Felt very safe.

I think Nardole seems like he's going to be decent, an interesting dynamic with the Doctor. Some of his bumbling idiot stuff is uninspiring, but he's not bad. The trailer for next series actually looks good. I can already see the whole fresh-start Moffat's been talking about. Bill's intro felt very similar to that weird intro of Amy S5 had in America.

Also, I remember the splitting heads think looking like a fantastic effect in Husbands of River Song. That really stood out to me. But in this episode whenever they did it it didn't look great. What's the dealio there

Also also, is this the first time the Japan's been visited in an episode?

What's /who/ think?

12 was very shouty in this episode

The show has been off air all year yet the number of people interested in watching the special has not significantly changed from last year. This suggests consistency rather than steep decline.

>I didn't even remember who Nardole was until I checked the wiki
Overall it was a nice Christmas special. I hope Pearl will not be as insufferable as she seems to be.

What's so specifically insufferable in Bill that everyone complain about?

More of the same.

She's black and not particularly attractive.

Also sounds dumb

Anyone else want her to squeeze your nuts to extract the truth from you?

...that's given me an idea for a picture.

Not bad. The show's been off air for a whole year, wasn't coming back with a big promise and promotion was terrible. We'll see when Series 10 airs.

The episode basically has A-plot and B-plot. A-plot was about Doctor stopping alien plan and B-plot was about some jackasses re-enacting comic book tropes. And they didn't connect until the very end.

I like A-plot, but couldn't sit through B-plot. Or perhaps should I switch them? Because superhero plot feels like forever.

delet

It was shit
At least the doctor basically called him a cuck

That episode was forgettable garbage. Within 10 minutes I thought the twist would be something like:

He wanted to be a superhero,and every superhero needs a villain to fight. And his waifu was basically Lois Lane. So, it would turn out that harmony whatever and his waifu turn out to only exist because he wants them to exist. The doctor figures this out and Ghost is given the dilemma of wishing away his powers to save the earth but at the cost of his waifu.

Not even particularly clever or interesting but it's better than the trash we got. Also the trailer for series 10 is not very promising.

Martha 2

24 years was how long the night with River from the last special was.

Bare in mind that overnight figures are meaningless these days. iPlayer exists and most people were probably doing other things on Christmas Day than watching Doctor Who.

Wait for the final figures before you proclaim Doctor Who dead.

She doesn't resemble Martha at all though. Martha's actually attractive for a start.

they both have darker than white skin so they're practically identical

when is the new season coming?

Who's we? I thought it was good. Time to admit you're just too old for Who mate.

Spring 2017.

>picks up kids in her snog box

Stop, now

>bigger on the inside and you two you're some kind of space lezzies

>Takes horse cock up her minge because human cock can't satisfy her.

Doesn't matter, she'll be gone by series 11 when Capaldi regenerates.

We as in the viewers.

No, I still enjoy this show. But that's episode was boring, unoriginal and provided nothing to the series.

GOAT episode.

Is this from Conviction?

Run, run you clever boy
>looks at camera
and remember 1 2 3

So when he said "You're not the only one who's full of it", was he talking about himself or about the baby whose diaper was full?

BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH

Are you tired?

Nah just bored.

opening song
youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9h18LF1YY

Yeah, it was really very plain. Moffat just took the straightforward writing of a sub-standard super hero story and didn't do anything clever with it. One of the plots was literally just about two close friends finding romance. But we didn't have any reason to really care about them falling in love, plus it was obvious it was going to happen anyway so it was effectively meaningless.

Somewhat related, why did grant call her mrs. [whateverherlastnamewas]? They knew each other for 24 years and were obviously quite close, it makes absolutely no sense why he wouldn't refer to her by her first name or why she'd would be fine with him talking to her so formally. It probably only existed to establish the babysitter vibe and to not give away that she was Lucy.

Silly.

That does sound more clever, yeah.

The baby. The joke was that "it" is shit.

What happened to that new intro theme in that one interview a week ago?

for this script, another dick or ass joke would be appropriate, yes?

it already had nudity, erection and shit related jokes

Pick a moment/line from the episode that you actually liked, /who/.

>What are you doing here?
>We could ask you the same question. But it's your apartment, so we probably won't.
This genuinely made me "heh".

But the Doctor is also full of shit when he makes big speeches about how not one single alien Invasion has succeeded because of him.

I prefered when you used to say WE GO ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON

Yes he does, but that wasn't being referenced in that line.

Everything with 12 or Nardole in it. It was perfect.

Harness is definitely writing the sequel to this isn't he? In which Dr. Sim possess a man running to the presidency of the USA. I can just picture it already.

I unironically believe this would be GOAT.

Everyone was HYPE for Jack in the Christmas Special, did he made an appearence or not? I didn't watched yet

Oh yes he sure did.

>Everyone was HYPE for Jack in the Christmas Special
literally the first I've heard of it and I browse /who/ every day. but yeah he was totally in it, so was Ian and K-9

>old man dangling at a window, wanting to get in while the boy went to get his mother's agreement but hadn't come back yet
>bald man wanting to know where the little boy's room is and insisting

I kinda get the first one because it's Moffat's trademark but the second? No one reacted to that? Not even in story?

wait, what was the point of the second scene? at the time I thought nardole was looking for grant's room but it never came up again and grant was an adult by then anyway

but yeah a strange old man breaking into a little boy's bedroom and then keeping it secret from his mum felt a bit weird, but it's also a standard adventure trope I guess

Kek, you're probably right.

Harness' brand new Trump 'satire'.

Trump will probably tweet about it

He hid in the toilets the whole day and came out at night to investigate. It was a bit retarded since the TARDIS could have materialised at night.

Now I'm kinda sad that it probably won't happen.

Any screenshot? Please?

Could you imagine Trump reeeeeeing about Doctor Who? Fuck I'd love that.

DO IT HARNESS

He's going to build a mind-control satellite and make Earthlings pay for it.

Right there.

>Any screenshot? Please?
here it is

>Just tried watching Doctor Who - unwatchable! Totally biased, not funny and Harness' writing just can't get any worse. Sad!

That is actually very very gay.

>He hid in the toilets the whole day and came out at night to investigate
Oh I must have missed that. The jokes where he was saying "I don't need a restroom" made me think he wasn't actually looking for a toilet, but literally a boy's room. Weird

Came 7th, about same as last year.

Nah he took rest too literally, probably thought it was a room to sleep in or something like that. But sometimes I don't know if he's doing it on purpose or if he's legitimately a bit retarded.

It's okay. No big draw (no new companion or known big guest star), terrible promotion and after one year away it's actually pretty good, knowing the number of people who still watch TV live keeps falling down.

a big ol red button

Reminder that Nardole is going to be remembered as the Sarah Jane of New Who and one of the most iconic companions ever.

Golden age Series 10 incoming.

>Nah he took rest too literally, probably thought it was a room to sleep in or something like that
Yeah, I got that the joke was he thought it was a room to rest in. But that + the fact that only a few scenes ago literally featured a boy's room (and I guess + the fact that there's no reason why Nardole would need to hide in the building) misdirected me.

Also yeah it's a bit weird why the stupidest companion to date can already pilot the TARDIS. I think he's definitely smarter than he lets on, but it's still a bit much.

Day of the Trumping by Peter Harness

>When the world is about to change forever on the eve of the biggest election the world has known for years, Osgood phones the Doctor, Bill and Nardole to help them save the world from an old enemy sitting in the skull of the soon-to-be president of the United States.

Kek you faggots actually unironically like the cuck who wrote the Zygon Refugees Welcome two-parter.

You seem to be upset. Are you ok, user?

>tfw Harness really writes an episode about Trump being the new vehicule for Dr. Sim

She would be a cool companion

ITS THE SLIKEEN