Frodo, did I ever tell you I have an army of giant eagles I can call at any time if I need them...

>Frodo, did I ever tell you I have an army of giant eagles I can call at any time if I need them? They could have dropped the ring off in mount doom, but instead I had you, a farm hobbit with no training or skill whatsoever, sneakily walk all the way there while thousands of people were being slaughtered by orcs. Their lives could have been saved but I needed you to go on this special mission instead. They were good friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uuPHF7_eWYk&ebc=ANyPxKpLd9uDrN1SVg1tLoRT3YlCW-QkQOf3uM2WtxArwq9xY3jBLtLWvjuqdEHKY6PCa-Xx48Ua
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This man has made some good points

Frodo isn't a farm hobbit, he's a rich heir who never worked a day in his life.

>no training or skill
This point still stands.

To send the Eagles to Mordor is like to send a military aircraft to invade the US airspace in order to destroy the White House

>Frodo, did I ever tell you I have an army of giant eagles.

eaglefriends did I ever tell you our our father sent 5 maias in the form of old men to drive the people of middle earth to the good side.
all of them are lower in the power tier than me, but they are cool, lets help them if they need us.

Yeah, no aircraft ever destroyed anything of importance in America

Except for, I don't know, the World Trade Center and the pentagon

>the only thing Sauron has that could attack the eagles in the air are the thingies the Nazgul fly on
>as seen in Return of the King, the eagles would win this encounter
Eru works in mysterious ways.

How would a giant eagle even carry the ring? Or does the ring have to tied around it and tell the poor bird to plummet into the chasm?

Have Bilbo ride an eagle, he proved he can let go of the ring.

Just have Frodo or Sam ride the eagle

It was a suicide mission sending them into mordor in the first place, might as well make it an efficient one with an easy way out

>a farm hobbit

It's worse than that, Gandalf. I did occasionally *steal* from Farmer Maggot but in fact I'm a lifelong idler.

Destroying the ring wasn't an inside job user

Won't they be at more risk from up high? Especially if a Nazgul happen to invoke that ring-calling shriek and the ringbearer hears it.

>>Frodo, did I ever tell you I have an army of giant eagles
wrong
>I can call at any time if I need them?
wrong
They could have dropped the ring off in mount doom,
wrong
>but instead I had you, a farm hobbit
wrong
>Their lives could have been saved
wrong
>They were good friends.
wrong

wew OP.

Well have Aragorn ride behind Frodo and put him in a choke-hold if that happens, shit.

So you're a scrawny and skill-less NEET are you, my boy? Get your best friends and take this most powerful item in the entire realm, walk down the entire length of the continent without shoes or a map, and drop it into the heart of an extremely dangerous and well-guarded volcano that's surrounded by orcs and huge spiders and who knows what the fuck else. The fate of the entire world lies in your ability to complete this task and no you can't take the eagles.

You are good friends.

Eagle-fat doesn't burn hot enough to melt gold, Frodo.

u convinced me and everyone else on the internet with those hot opinions man.

>SAURON: Oh look, I spy with my little tower-eye, a suspicious flock of oversized avians flying high... Don't worry, my wraith-boys, keep searching the ground for the ring; surely these birds are on migration or something.

He never actually called them in the movies. It was just that butterfly appeared at dire moments, followed by the eagles saving the day.
Where did you see him call the eagles?
Maybe it's in the books, but not in the movies.

just read the fucking book then. is time to end this eagles meme.

the eagles would get pwned by nazgul in a matter of minutes and then everyone would be fucked

Why didn't the Eagles just take the dwarves to the Lonely Mountain?

What if the eagles were corrupted by the ring and flew off with it?

WHAT THEN

Wouldn't the eagle's become corrupt by the ring like the crow spies and just deliver the ring to sauron

in the books, the eagles just happen to be flying around and witness gandalf in peril then save his crusty old ass. jrr tolkien is a hack fraud

youtube.com/watch?v=uuPHF7_eWYk&ebc=ANyPxKpLd9uDrN1SVg1tLoRT3YlCW-QkQOf3uM2WtxArwq9xY3jBLtLWvjuqdEHKY6PCa-Xx48Ua

>Frodo, did I ever tell you I have an army of giant eagles
Eagles were fellow maias with a lord and their own will, and no permission to interfere too much (as the istari, btw - Gandalf was supposed to help the free people, not to do the work for them). Also, as any powerful being, were vulnerable to corruption.
>I can call at any time if I need them?
Wrong. They can help with divine intervention but is something Gandalf cannot stretch that much.
>They could have dropped the ring off in mount doom,
wrong, the control was too big from sauron part. Only puny being like the hobbit plus Aragorn trolling using the palantir distracted him. And being able to fight the Nazgul does not mean defeat them automatically, especially with Sauron focused on the battle.
Also, is like the "why Elrond did not take the Ring from Isildur?". You want these divine and/or powerful being stay the fuck away from the ring. See how Galadriel and Gandalf reacted.
>but instead I had you, a farm hobbit
wrong, was a sort of noble, for an hobbit. Is in the fucking first chapters
>Their lives could have been saved
wrong, the free people had to sweat the victory by themselves, this is Eru will. They made them free.
>They were good friends.
wrong, they were the same kind of creatures, and the alliance was due to another deity pushing it and the eagle king being in debt of favour to Gandalf.

>Frodo, did I ever tell you about Alfrid Lickspittle? He dressed up as a woman once with big titties to get out of having to fight in the battle. I can't lie to you Frodo, it gave old Gandalf the strangest chubby. Fortunately enough, he actually ended up saving my life when he asphyxiated by a troll by comically (and accidentally!) launching himself by catapult into the troll's mouth just as it was about to kill me with a hammer. He was a good friend.

The hobbit trilogy is equivalent to the Star Wars prequels

One could argue that the prequels start of way worse, and end with a tad bit of dignity, while the Hobbit starts quite decent to end in a complete and undignified shitshow.

You're so goddamn stupid. He means fly an external plane in. Not hijacking one we believe is already safe by virus of being in our airspace.

Kill yourself.

why did sauron want to high five islidur? why didn't he just crush him with his giant flanged mace like was doing to everyone else

So then just ride a nazgul dragon?

Sauron wouldn't suspect a thing

The trilogy says nothing about the eagles sieging mordor to destroy the ring. Nothing.

Read them yourself retard.

The issue is the author left a plothole in the book. That's it. If it didn't exist we wouldn't be talking about it. Bad writing is al.

Because they first have to solve riddles like hidden entrances and shit.

He was thinking "mad fighting skills you have there bro here have a hi-five AHHHH WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR"

see
Also:
>The trilogy says nothing about the eagles sieging mordor to destroy the ring.
what

Yeah, the planes destroyed WTC, that's right

Frodo, did I ever tell you that I have the power to teleport? Remember when Bilbo suddenly vanished after he made his birthday speech? Turns out he put on the One Ring to become invisible and ran all the way back to his house, but I made it there before him even though I didn't know where he was planning to go. I could have teleported to Mount Doom with the Ring any time I wanted but I felt like going on his arduous trek with you instead. You're a good friend.

frodo, did i ever tell you that tom bombabil is for some reason the most powerful being in the whole of middle earth and could kill sauron by merely thinking about it but we don't bother asking him for help because we assume he is too busy fucking his weird river wife?

he was a good friend

also here's a song for no apparent reson

He used force run

the eagles are a pure race, if they come into contact/get close to the ring they get corrupted

it was explained you fucking nigger who can't read

Everything you wrote is bullshit. Tom Bombadill is as old as middle earth because he's the physical manifestation of middle earth. During the council of elrond they bring this up and say that the ring simply has no power over him and that they doubt tom would stand against sauron after eveyrythig else fell "unless that power lies in the earth itself".

The earth can be corrupted as we are told in the book.which one can assume means tom will also fall at the end.