youtu.be/EJBlN8b-r60
youtube.com/watch?v=VsbG8hmmj9Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just step s'ways to make room for memes
Todaaaayyy

Also where were you yesterday?

>Died yesterday
>Massive sticky till a little while ago

As long as this is here, if you are anywhere near Princeton NJ get your ass on 103.3FM, they're playing The Fall till about 7. Heard 10 songs just driving home.

Don't get the hype, yesterday I listened to the first two albums while at work. They weren't bad, but that last track Music Scene sucked the life out of me. The witch trials would be better without it. Dragnet was okay but but the longer track also bored me. Am I missing something? That Ep Slates, isn't half bad though

To be fair, it did take them a few hours to get a sticky, while the girl from the cranberries got one like instantly.

But the sticky should be up for at least one day... I mean the point is to commemorate artists who've deeply impacted this community. It's stupid to have for such a short period of time.

Go on to Hex and Grotesque. Then after that I would say just jump around albums, listen to random singles or deep cuts throughout the years. You'll enjoy them more then slogging through them all.

I agree. I like them but i don't think they're incredible like a lot of people seem to. I get the impression they were much more an artists band- like one of those bands that everyone who plays in a band likes, but that not many other people are in love with. That's been said about a few artists before, but normally I tend to like those groups. I did find myself just wanting to listen to "This Nation's Saving Grace" repeatedly today though, maybe i'm catching the MES

*than

I'll have to check those out. Thanks. I last year I heard the new album, which I was kinda luke warm on but I was like.. eh it's a later period album. Shouldn't judge a band off that.
I did enjoy them but wasn't blown away, hopefully with that Hex album it'll click. Some artists I didn't like until they clicked (Cat Stevens, Randy Newman, Prince post 1984).
Also, side note, Music Scene kinda reminded me of Sister Ray, did anyone get that vibe. Like what they were going for musically?

Mark E Smith assaulted his girlfriend

surely most famous booze/drug addled musicians did... let's not be naive here.

still not an excuse

which one?

You don't have much time to reply in it
Kill yourself nu-male

not an excuse at all, didn't imply that. just a statement.

>Implying this is bad

the sticky was up for about 24 hours i think

can one not hold the contradiction of beauty and beast in their mind when thinking of an artist?

Yeah, that was retarded. Mods were asleep, I guess.

Edgelords.
He doesn't get a free pass. MES was a total bag of shit. That's why I like him.

I love his music and lyrics, yet I hate that he assualted his girlfriend. So what would you say to me?

I would try the wonderful and frightening world of the fall

it is pretty easy listening, a lot of their stuff can be discordant and hard to get on one listen

Good choice, I was listening to No Bulbs on the radio a bit ago.

I loved them dearly and still appreciate what their records brought to my life and music. That being said, it's probably better not idolise men like Mark E. Smith.

People who defend Grotesque are awful. It has a couple of good tracks.

WE ARE THE LOVECOCKS

youtu.be/EJBlN8b-r60
Good live set

he assaulted a lot of hs band members
he assaulted lots of music journalists
He was an equal opportunities assaulter
most done under the influence of whiskey and speed

Because he was generally a cruel person.

>Continue my legacy, my son

The late 90s/early 2000s were such a great period for him/them.
The Levitate-The Marshall Suite-The Unutterable trilogy is up there with any of their best 80s albums.

>it's probably better not idolise men like Mark E. Smith.

Smith himself would be the first person to agree with this.

I'm not making an excuse. The dude was a bag of shit. Beating your girlfriend is obviously fucking bad. But if you think for a minute we only praise people for being good and virtuous, well then I got news for you dude. He was a bag of shit, that's part of the whole appeal. You shouldn't aspire to be like him, but you should hold him in some kind of regard because his behavior is quite literally awe inspiring. As in you would be left in awe if people treated you that way.

Like I said else where, John hit Cynthia while both were young once and atoned for it over the years. Mark was a piece of shit his whole life.

No, in fact most people, ie fans and such tell tales of how funny and polite he could be
he just let the red mist get the better of him now and again

Though I do agree with this. The Fall were chaotic, aggressive, misanthropic, and anarchic. It's their whole shtick. Mark was very much an embodiment of the ideas he put on tape.

not an excuse but the way you are bringing assaulting his girlfriend front and center shows you have an agenda. Your virtue signalling is nauseating and not worthy of debate.

"Now and again" was him frequently assaulting people.

chaotic, aggressive, misanthropic, and anarchic.

Defend? I simply suggested they move onto the next couple of albums... You shit cunt.

Does anyone else think that New Facts Emerge was fantastic? The general reaction to that album seems to have been pretty lukewarm but to my ears it was the best thing they've done since YFOC.
I also thought that the Remainderer EP was excellent.

youtube.com/watch?v=VsbG8hmmj9Y

What a track to go out on.

I wonder if they're going to be releasing the 8 tracks they supposedly already recorded for a new album. I think Smith would have approved of it.

Fuck a dead dog you silly slag.

soft lad :)

He got a black eye from his girlfriend hitting him in the face a week before, so it seems like it was a reciprocal thing.

honestly and objectively The Fall and Killing Joke are now Sup Forumscore and fuck animal collective tbqh

>The Fall ended in your lifetime

The Cranberries were far more popular meanwhile The Fall is a pretty niche band. When the Can guys died last year I don't even think the stickies for either lasted that long despite supposedly being one of the most loved bands on this forum (though I think people dickride Can for appearances sake more than anything.)

Yeah, they literally weren't paying attention. Some guy had to get their attention in the IRC for the sticky. Also The Fall have always been a cult favorite and not as mainstream as the Cranberries were.

Hey fellow nj user. Best radio station in nj hands down. Heard the fall stuff in the car as well

Suffer.

you should still never hit a woman

>inb4 a horde of MRAs attack me

Killing Joke are inexplicably overrated and made a career out of ripping more talented people off.

Are you the guy who thinks Tago Mago is mediocre?

So did she get a pass for assault?

is a gay faggot

>"ok literally who is mark e smith and the fall?"

It's not our fault you're late to the party, there was a shitload of threads and a sticky yesterday. Fucking casuals.

So listen slanted and enchanted you'll enjoy it, pal hahaha

What a mate fucker

Who? Name who Killing Joke ripped off.

3.5/5 to me

She stayed in the band for years after, people from Manchester are used to drunken fights and general disorder.

The only remarkable records are those two kanye albums

Public Image, Suicide, Buzzcocks, Wire, and plenty of others.

Nah. I don't see that at all. Most of the bands you mention are krautrock influenced. None with Killing Joke. Killing Joke straddles the line where Post Punk meets Metal, sometimes less so, sometimes more.

And Nirvana, Trent Reznor, Godflesh, Prong and innumerable other bands claim them as influences.

Sorry you don't get into them. One of the best discographies imo.

>it's ok for a man to beat a woman to near death, it's Manchester so people are used to it