Matt Mondanile apologizes

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/carlycarbonate/status/956675901974106112
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5306047/Russian-student-murders-ex-sex-corpse.html
pitchfork.com/news/matt-mondanile-accused-of-sexual-misconduct-by-multiple-women/
spin.com/featured/matt-mondanile-ducktails-real-estate-sexual-misconduct-allegations-detailed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This guy is the most pathetic person alive. Truly.

was julia holter ever named before this?
lol if not.

why is the first thing people do whn they fuck up is to donate money to the cause which hey offended? like being a shitty person is not an finable offense, go fix yourself rather than try and buy yourself out of the situation. just cus u got a speeding ticket doesnt show ur gonna stop going 90 on the freeway

This. Goddamn. He didn't even do anything wrong. He had consensual sex with a fan and donated to a rape research organisation. He's daft.

>dude im a good person i donated some money to rainn
>i personaly know several women, theres no way im sexist
>but seriously guys im actually the real victim in all of this
fucknig lmao

the apology stared off pretty good but keeps getting worse and worse
people should be forgiven if they earn it but this is not how you do it

she was. she talked about it herself.

Wasn't aware of the Julia Holter stuff. This whole thing is comically overdone though.

twitter.com/carlycarbonate/status/956675901974106112

BRUH LOOK AT THIS DUDE

WAIT TIL YOU SEE THE- OH NO NO NO NO NO

is he just gonna keep getting dragged till he an heroes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look at his penis head!

>consensual
yeah i love to consent while im literally sleeping

Imagine dedicating your entire life doing this one thing and suddenly you can't do that one thing anymore

oh god this is fucking comedy

fucc,,,,i feel bad for matt lads
can't see him making it out of 2018 alive

why is it always these indie soyboys who fuck up? like seriously you're part of a scene which expects you to behave the exact opposite. How come metal and hiphop, """manly""" genres, don't have as many cases if any at all as indie and all the other soyboy-core? Makes no sense to me

guess you shouldnt dedicate your life to being a rapist

it's like guys who don't wanna admit they're gay so they get jacked and try to be he-man

>another indie rock band member's this pretentious, disgusting human being
What a fucking surprise. Like, note how it's rarely if at all hard rock music members like idk Keith Richards or some other genre often associated with more social people. No, the garbage people are in the whole post-punk/alt rock/indie rock sphere. Like a lot of these people make music about being sad or something cuz other people don't like them. Well, no shit, if this is how you fucking act, no wonder people will think you're a garbage human being. Then despite it all, most of the fans (which would also entail a majority of Sup Forums as well don't pretend some of you aren't responsible) fucking romanticize these guys and claim all this to be some kinda flaws that "make them an interesting character/tortured genius" or some dumb shit like that.

This sphere of music that initially started with The Velvet Underground is literally some of the worst shit out there. It's surrounded by pretentious people, including even the music critics that dickrode this stuff much harder than say...hard rock or RnB or metal.

At some point you gotta ask: why are so many of these kind of artists within that post-TVU style music genres of post-punk/alt rock/indie rock? It's a building up sorta, and honestly maybe asking such a question is not the most PC thing out there. But so's something like "why's USA black on black crime so high?" This stuff doesn't stop if we don't ask.

I think its more complicated than you're making it out to be. There are internal politics in the indie scene which promotes calling out shitty people. That doesn't exist in hard rock.

But Velvet Underground were full of terrible people. John Cale was cool though.

I'm not sure why anyone texts women anything important anymore. Either handle it in person or over the phone. They screenshot everything and will wait months or even years for a chance to make you look pathetic.

>citizens of the western world willingly purchasing and turning weapons of mass surveillance on themselves

music for this feel

indie needs to die. this sort of limp wristed horseshit is why rap is allowed to exist

How come Ethan from Crystal Castles has been the only one to deal with this shit sensibly?
Don't make shitty posts and apologise, call your fucking lawyer and get claim defamation.

>How come Ethan from Crystal Castles has been the only one to deal with this shit sensibly?
probably because he isn't white and has no white guilt

>There are internal politics in the indie scene which promotes calling out shitty people
It's not very effective, is it? Like, I hate dumb Sup Forumsster types using the term virtue signaling, but this is the epitome of an example of that kind of stuff because of the sheer hypocrisy of the scene.
>That doesn't exist in hard rock.
Vince Neil still gets called out to this day about his drunk driving bullshit. There's a reason Tommy Lee became the face of the band and is the remembered guy and not Neil anymore. Not to mention that hard rock guys or even Bowie got arrested for drugs all the time and this is known in the community, but that stuff's harmless to others.
>But Velvet Underground were full of terrible people
Didn't know this. I was more pointing to bands influenced by them rather than TVU themselves. Although it does in a way make sense.

caues hes an even bigger shithead than the rest of them

So he's apologizing for being a bad boyfriend?

moe was tough but sweet and not a degenerate at all
she just hit those god damn cans

COOOOOOOOOOOOOMEDYYYYYYYYYYY

fpbp

wait are you applauding a guy getting lynched for "emotional abuse" because he sent his ex girlfriend some bitter emails basically just saying he hopes her career fails and she responded by saying "she feared for her life"

you don't know what he sent her

Neither does she apparently

You can do that to anyone, but Julia is my absolute queen. Sorry dude. I hope you enjoy hell.

This is just another prove that woman dont have soul and empathy to any other human being.
she just enjoy to humiliate him

He's doing a solid job at humiliating himself. Did you see those texts?

nigga it's not like someone just stole his ability to have a music career he fucking lost it by raping someone

This is why I support rape and violence against those sub-humans. Fucking women, they're not human. I live close where this bitch lives I'm probably gonna murder her. Wish me luck everyone.

get help

*inhales*

he literally sexually assaulted like a dozen women

Also if you think the behaviour he described is just "bad boyfriend" then you've never been in a relationship with a sane person, or are yourself not sane. That's fucking psycho behaviour

Who is this guy and why should I care? I don't listen to a lot of modern stuff.

godspeed user

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5306047/Russian-student-murders-ex-sex-corpse.html

poor guy
shitty journalists too

He was a guitarist in a pretty popular modern indie band called Real Estate. It's just interesting because first of all all the stories that have came out about him are really fucking bad, like he could probably do jail time if everyone testified against him. Also he abused Julia Holter, another famous indie musician (who's music you should listen too, it's great). And also the way he's handling it is clearly a fucking disaster.

Stop fucking laughing at him you normie pieces of shit. This is fucking anxiety in a nutshell. It's not fucking funny. I get this way too under any kind of stress. I'm not sure about the context of this and maybe that's what makes it retarded but realize that sending texts repeatedly like that is a result of increasing levels of anxiety.

Simply ebin you edgy faggot

My man if you're dead you won't see another woman so kill yourself already.

It's funny because he literally sexually assaulted that girl and instead of apologizing like any sane person without a massive ego and any empathy would do, he made the entire thing about me and "DON'T RUIN MY LIIIFFFEEEEE" without even for a single second stopping to think about how her life may have been affected by the trauma caused by HIS actions.

REEEE WE GOTTA GET RID OF ROASTIES

Sorry to say but I sympathize with him. I've becomed obsessive over people before in the past, and I suffer from anxiety and I am diagnosed as autistic. I feel like I've learned big time though to a point where I can probably avoid it from now on. Thankfully it never got as bad as this guy.

He's not gonna see 2019, is he

Are women even relevant in the age of robotics and artificial conception?

Women genocide when?

*tips fedora*

he literally tried to pay for forgiveness through a donation to RAINN and by saying he's not a misogynist because, and I SHIT you not, "some of my best friends are former girlfriends of mine"

you're sympathizing with a manipulator. he wants you to buy into the idea that he has learned from his actions.

It's the modern equivalent of indulgences.

True. He's just stupid and un-aware of that though, he's ill. He probably really didn't mean to hurt certain people, but he is a manipulator and that comes from his self-esteem problems and anxious personality.

or maybe he's a beta nerd after all

Part of me feels so bad for him. He's insanely pitiful.

Jesus how pathetic can you get. You fucked up. Issue a genuine apology, admit your mistakes, then let time heal and the hordes of women will move onto some other poor lad.

Donating money did way more harm than good for him.

This dude acts like he has hella anxiety. He did fuck up with his apology but I don't think its in-genuine, he just went overboard because he's a control freak and he wants to do as much as he can to get people to not hate his guts.

>he literally sexually assaulted like a dozen women
source?

*citation needed*

Spreading misinformation only does more Uneccessary harm.

>Julia Holter, another famous indie musician (who's music you should listen too, it's great)
Soy: The comment

yall got more pics of matt being pathetic? this is hilarious

Is that guy in the very middle with the bottomless frames the same fag that tweeted to Zoey with *nods respectfully towards you*?

pitchfork.com/news/matt-mondanile-accused-of-sexual-misconduct-by-multiple-women/

spin.com/featured/matt-mondanile-ducktails-real-estate-sexual-misconduct-allegations-detailed/

Also the fact that he basically admitted to it in this apology and his previous statement as well

No one is debating whether or not it did or didn't happen, he hasn't tried hiding that it did.

you look like that yourself don't lie

well hello Matt

I'm the user who likes Julia Holter, I'll post a pic of myself if you do. Deal? And we can let Sup Forums decide who looks more soy.

not that user, but include a timestamp

I'm not Matt, wish I was though. Imagine getting the chance to bang Julia.

>One woman described Mondanile forcing her into a closet at a Brooklyn venue and aggressively kissing her; later that night, under false pretenses, he drove her to his parents’ house in New Jersey
Why did she get into a car with the guy that according to her tried to sexually assault her?
Why are women so fucking stupid?

Yeah, I suppose some of those circumstances are pretty rapey.

He's got a long laundry list of shit he did wrong. I guess it's fair to see why nobody wants to forgive him. I just don't think he meant anything by speaking out today. I think he's got some serious problems. Just let him figure it out. The guy is gonna an hero because of this relentless vengeance hunt some of these women have.

Do you want to live in a society where we address these sorts of behaviors head on? Or live in one where the only way to resolve behaviors like this is to publicly shame the men involved, to the point where they feel suicide is the only way out? That's just as bad as sexually assaulting someone in my opinion, and it's disingenuous.

I think the apology was genuine. No matter what he does he's fucked regardless. Just let it go Julia.

Why would I ever want to post my face on Sup Forums?

This is literally the most pathetic thing ever

To prove you're not a [s]roastie[/s] human female.

nah trip fags are worse

Here's a pic from 5 years ago.

this dudes music sucked anyways why do you guys even care

do you know what the fuck trip stands for?

>implying you know what a #Trip is

Because watching him groveling and pleading while completely missing the point is one of the funniest things I will witness all year.

And it's January 25.

we're here for the drama you dumbass bitch

I don't think he missed the point. Care to explain?

>Please
>Please
>Please :(

The frowny face kills me every time I read it. It's almost impossible to describe the exact feeling I feel when I read it. It's so funny and so sad and so pathetic at the same time that I feel like a part of my soul is dying.

He's not apologising because he regrets what he did. He's groveling endlessly because he wants his own nightmare to end whereas he didn't give a fuck about the impact his actions had on others. That seems to me like missing the point of an apology. The guy donated $2k to a charity and posted it publicly as if that would get everybody off his back. It's the most pathetic display I've witnessed in a long time.

>Yeah, I suppose some of those circumstances are pretty rapey
dude honestly we need to stop pretending that trying to get a chick to make out with you for probably 10 seconds is literally the same thing as full on vaginal rape. This has been a growing trend. Like after the matt lauer thing there was that chick who basically accused Aziz Ansari of “rape” because he tried to transition into sex after she gave him a blowjob.

there’s a pretty big difference between a rapist and a guy who just has shitty pick-up game and makes chicks uncomfortable

How do chads sexually assault? I don't get it. They can probably bone a chick very easily. Why would one ever need to force sex on a female.

So basically the entire story is he was an asshole to Julia Holter years ago, apologized for it, and even went to therapy for his problems. And then when he sincerely requested forgiveness, it was interpreted as "harassment" and spat on. The only real harassment here is the sociopaths trying to ruin a man's life over mistakes he made in his private life years ago. Disgusting and sad.
What exactly is funny about this? Do you have no sense of empathy?
No rape occurred. You are devaluing the terms "rape" and "rapist" by applying them to anybody who's ever acted inappropriately to a woman.
How exactly is that at all un-PC when those accusations are flying around completely unquestioned by the mainstream media?
This post sounds extremely real and legit.

hi matt ;)

Matt boy welcome!

Notice how he never brought up the amount until somebody coaxed it out of him?

He started off the post stating "It's not much."

$2,000 is a lot to me as far as I'm concerned. Shit, I could pay off two of my credit cards with that.

The man gave very in-depth details regarding his behaviour. I think he genuinely feels wrong about what he did. I also think that there's nothing wrong with wanting the world to stop shitting on you for your personal life isn't asking for too much.

Not saying what he did was justified and he should have gotten away with behaving that way for so long, but I do think this public shaming display has got to stop.

not matt or an "abuser", just a regular human male, unlike the extremely online posters itt who revel in drama / gossip / schadenfreude without empathy / understanding

It wasn't rape but it was sexual assault. not only that but he used his position a a member of a popular indie band to take advantage of and assault women. He deserves to be shat on, he caused trauma none of us will never be able to know the full extent of to quite a few women.

His whole post has this air of entitlement to it, like "Haven't I been through enough?" He'll never have a music career after this and that's something he'll have to pay. We'll never know what the women lost due to Matt's actions, psychologically and sexually. If anything, the women didn't make as big a guffaw about it as Matt did, which makes him clearly the weaker one in this situation. You are naturally empathizing with Matt because he is making his issues more public than the women did, also you are a male and find it easier to place yourself in his shoes. But in reality he caused much much more suffering than he has received.

The post demonstrates in and of itself that he has learned basically nothing. it's basically a last ditch attempt to get some semblance of normalcy back but he has to realize that'll never happen. The whole apology feels really contrived like he's just clawing at anything he can to get any degree of normalcy back, but he lost that when he sexually assaulted innocent women and became a sexual predator. He's desperate and understandably so, but if he wants forgiveness he'll need to do something less contrived. He couldn't even finish his apology facebook post without devolving into ego-stroking garbage in the last two paragraphs, he's clearly learned nothing and is a narcissistic autist who sees himself as a golden boy because he got a few pitchfork BNM's.