It's a Brit Marling does an independent...

>It's a Brit Marling does an independent, somewhat pretentious movie/series with metaphysical/pseudophilosophical "deep" themes episode

>it's a brit can't do a straight character study so she fills it with trash episode

she's the worst

jason isaacs was the only good part of the show
and I guess brit was qt too

I really enjoyed it. It was ambigious enough to give enough room for own interpretations but it also didn't feel like a random mess of themes thrown in. It felt like a well made mixture between Donnie Darko and Breakfast Club.

I wanna fuck the shit out of Alfonso until one or both of us dies
Jesus Christ
I couldn't concentrate on the show whenever his ass showed up on screen
I legitimately cannot control myself whenever he showed up on screen

That made me cringe so fcking much.
Anyone know what music video the moves were "borrowed" from? Bugging me for days?

Are you one of those gays? Those people I heard like to fuck the man ass?

The guy who helps choreograph Sia's music videos made up the movements, probably explains why it seems familiar.

Those are the best kind.

Official Brit Marlingkino Power Rankings
1. Sound of My Voice
2. The OA
3. Another Earth
4. The East
5. I Origins

If you can listen to his little monologue in the car in ep 7 and not wanna fuck him you're chronically straight to the point of denial

She's bad and her writing is even worse

>Some of the worst dialogue I've ever head.

he is cute af i would love to see him take a big dick

>DUDE IT WAS ALL MADE UP LMAO

fuck this gay show 2bh

StevexFrench when

i liked it. it was like watching the special ranger force

It was pretty g.
A lot of it just felt unnatural for a human to do so it was jarring af and then there's some fluid bullshit that brings it all back.
I feel like I'd appreciate it more if I knew the first thing about interpretive dance, but as it stands it's a pretty great set of movements for the show.

Horrible show for pseuds.

God, this was so disappointing. I just could believe they decided to end that way.

More like
>White Girl Philosophy: The Series

What was the moral I was supposed to take away from this?

I know this worked with the story but I still couldn't stop laughing.

Also, did anyone else think the cafeteria cook that knocks down the gunman looked like the scientist?

But Brit Marling does tend to star on shitty pseudophilosophical mystic flicks, user.

This ending was a total fucking disappointment.
Hey maybe she was being held prisoner like an animal or maybe she was just crazy haha so deep

thanks for the list, downloading sound of my voice right now

1-7 were pretty good. 8 was just ludricrous aside from the chilling way the end event started. Still, 1-7 were not bad, and even a decent mystery about the power of narrative.

Like, so ludicrous that I would totally back Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey suing the fuck out of Netflix for blatant intellectual theft.

Belief is more powerful than truth. Truth is inconsequential to narrative. Narrative is the tie that binds society.

>Belief is more powerful than truth. Truth is inconsequential to narrative. Narrative is the tie that binds society.

That's some really dangerous anti-scientific thinking right there.

Why are some people just so dense and opposed to rational thought and reasoning? What's wrong with meticulously analyzing the universe in parts to understand how it works? Sometimes reality is bound to clash with our beliefs, if you can't accept that then you've got tons of people walking around with flawed ways of thinking slowing the progress of the world.

She is so hot

Like another user said, she's the epitome of privileged white pseud.

>Belief is more powerful than truth.
True, but it doesn't make it less true than the truth.
>Narrative is the tie that binds society.
No it's people willingly denying the truth that blinds society. They can't accept that big brother US govt can't do no wrong.

She was the only saving grace of that movie.
Based wife.

I could never make it through that movie. I can't even tell you what it's about.

I didn't mean to say that I agreed with the concept. Up until the last episode it was a decently filmed character study with a pleasing two-part structure that tried to find a deeper meaning - to impose its own hypocritical truth - in the last episode. To hypothesize that narrative is more important than truth is to insert a self-defeating trajectory to any moral you want to tell.

Yeah, she was the only sane character in the flick.

I think the people behind the scrips tried to have rational characters discovering something completely irrational that would never happen in real life to indoctrinate the viewers with their magical thinking.

She seems to lend herself to many movies like this too.

Gerekino

hnng

>That fucking ending

Writers had no idea what they were doing and couldn't even tie it together like Leftovers or Lost.

Why do you guys keep saying "Brit Marling" as if she's someone whose name anyone would recognize? No one knows who this nobody bitch is.