Redpill me on this film, should i watch it? ive seen some hard to watch films before such as stalker...

redpill me on this film, should i watch it? ive seen some hard to watch films before such as stalker, but my senses tell me not to go through that pain again

user. You have to. One of the best films ever made.

Yes you might find it boring but just watch it.

>It's one of the best films ever made
>you might find it boring

wat

LOL

read the book then decide

The book was written after the movie fuckhead.

it's a masterpiece, if you watched stalker then you should be more than prepared for 2001

now this is kino

>redpill me
>hard to watch films
you're an idiot

If you didn't like stalker you won't like this movie either. You are little child watch disney films.

It's so amazing it cured my insomnia

>redpill me
kill yourselve vedditor

Sup Forums hates kubrick, and i understand,
too many normies sucking his dick,
but he's a fucking great director, not the best of all times like reddit says, but he's great and this movie is fantastic

Who was in the right here?
Was he 1 of us?
What is Kino?

Here I saved you guys the whole thread

>Kubrick got Matthew Modine to do that shitty John Wayne impersonation because he thought Wayne's acting was so laughably shit

Kubrick a master troll of his actors.

boring af.

just watch the new star wars instead.

Such a boring movie. It was so slow that it failed to surprise. Though I agree that Kubrick is a mastermind but this one's a flop for me.

You shouldn't do anything. If you appreciate the medium of film and you want to see a highly influential and technically amazing film, watch 2001. If you just like to watch superheroes fly around and blow shit up, don't bother.

It's a movie you really have to see on a big screen to appreciate. I hated the movie for like 8 years because I was a pleb who found it boring, i was also watching it on a tiny screen and I just wasn't getting the movie. I went and saw it on a big screen when they play classic movies at my theater, (look it up for chain theaters they have them) I went and saw it and I was blown away by it. You probably will realize how steeped into our cultural psyche it is. For fucks sake, the movie was made and released before the moon landing. You'll also see how influential it is in in modern films. It's the best movie I have gotten the chance to see on a big ass screen. Seek out classic films showing at nice theaters, its worth it.

>normies ask what you like to do
>say you like to watch movies
>they think you watch pleb trash or watch it like the average viewer without analyzing and dissecting every bit of information out of it no matter how bad the flick is
>they think you're just your average moviegoer who sits down and watches it

These fucking morons have no idea the time I put into them, the literature I read up on, the psychological aspects of kino, the emotion it evokes, the narrative it drives, the feelings you let yourself succumb to. They think your like them, but you aren't; you're more and better and live in a world of the utmost beauty, taking your love of cinema beyond a mere screen and enjoy the aesthetic beauty of the real world. Positioning and moving throughout the world to get the best visual experience you can possibly get out of this life, sitting still in a park and letting the sounds run through your vivid imagination as you transcendent while watching the sun set.

I don't watch movies, I experience them.

Have to agree with this. I loved a lot of his other movies; Spartacus, Barry Lyndon, Eyes Wide Shut, Full Metal Jacket, , etc, but this one...I mean holy shit, what the hell? It was massively boring, I basically forced myself to watch through it.

So this is a Star Wars/Marvel/DC forum, fuck this place!

Nice pasta

haha so boring it's good :D

Seriously though user, you should watch it, it's essential. I highly recommend watching it on blu-ray if that's an option, that's the only way to get a truly filmic presentation out of it as opposed to some rip online. Even if you don't find the plot or the characters that interesting it's still one of the prettiest, most impressive technical feats of the pre-CGI era.

I would recommend reading the book and then watching the movie to get the most enjoyment out of it. The book is fairly straightforward and explains most of the details that are left obscure and abstract in the movie.

total snoozefest
its essential nap-core
the music is weird and nothing happens

One of my favourites. Many people find it boring, but I think that's part of the visualition that Kubrick wanted to get about space exploration. Also, I like the fact that it doesn't explain directly what's happening, it's nice to analyze its details afterwards

Nah. I respect that idea for every other adaption but few movies like The Shining and 2001. Clarke is less artistic in his delivery than Kubrick and the story benefits from an interpretable ending.

Actually got myself 2001 bluray, never felt like watching it on the computer because everyone says how beautiful it is and shit

This
I think the metaphorical ending of the movie is much better than "lol he is inside a star"

>not the best of all times
really? I am not too familiar with the early 20th century directors, but I would argue that he is at least the best director from the second half of 20th century

You should watch it because it's on Sup Forums's recommended list of cinema.

>jack and jill
>jack and jill
>jack and jill
>jack and jill
>jack and jill

>implying I want the abstract details to be explained

What did he mean by this?
Dare i say,
We are truly.