The Deer Hunter

Now that the dust has settled, was this kino? Seriously, what did he mean by this? What the fuck was his problem?

It's not ever really said, but it's implied that he has some sort of amnesia/memory loss. He starts to remember who De Niro is right there at the end, though.

Why does it take de niro so long to go back?

I haven't seen it in a while, but I believe De Niro thought Walken was dead and then heard a rumor about a man that looked like him being alive.

But didn't he see walken before he left vietnam?

Yes but Niro's handicap friend got send money from vietnam, That's why he got back to find him back

The only thing I liked from this movie was that scene.

>he doesnt appreciate true kino
>his favorite show is probably breaking bad

breaking bad is 100x better than this edgy depressing garbage

>Spielberg asked me the same thing, "Michael, how did you get so much tension in this scene?" I said "Steven, the tension doesn't come from that scene, it comes from the wedding, the one-hour wedding before the scene"

Plebs will never understand. Cimino died this summer, got no sticky. Heaven's Gate is one of the most beautiful films ever made.

TV as a medium is extremely underwhelming overall.

My favorite though is Twin Peaks season 1.

It was inauthentic trash, like all Cimino's work.

it's trash and i hope the wall of unjustified acclaim that's been built around it over the past 40 years will one day collapse

we have come to this, Sup Forums

deer hunter is garbage

>muh critics' consensus

I cant believe this movie was considered right wing when it came out.

I remember seeing it a while back and thought the wedding scenes were awesome and the deer hunting scene was amazing but as far as all of the russian roulette scenes it seemed a bit much- I don't know if all the cultural references to this scene just ruined it for me or what.

muh contrarians

>tortured by chinks
>what was his problem?
jeez, this meme has got to go. like all memes, there are always those last few stragglers who still think a months-old joke is still funny. kin to those who think a joke is funnier the third or fourth time they tell it to the same audience.

It's one of those acclaimed films that can be genuinely called overrated.

You're pathetic. The Deer Hunter is absolute kino and the largest single pleb filter to ever exist.

i agree. man, i really wanted him to make a comeback film or two just to disprove the haters. too bad he never got that chance. his last two films were quite underwhelming misfires. it's been years since i've seen either, so maybe it's time to revisit them.

Year of the Dragon is pretty good, anything after isn't worth revisiting.

>its shit
>but im not going to say why i think its shit
>because i cant
>so im just going to say its shit

time to take that leap faggot

sucks Netflix doesn't have any of his films on catalog.

This, if you're not enthralled by this film then you're fuckin hopeless

yes, that hour-long wedding scene. how enthralling!

The film was fairly interesting but way too drawn out for the sake of it. One example is the wedding scene like the other guy said. Decent film but not great overall.

OP BTFO

>too drawn out for the sake of it
by "it" you mean the film? the wedding was perfectly adequate and not drawn out like a Tarr or German film. just long enough for modern audiences not to shift about restlessly and head out the front door. the sequence is actually very entertaining and gives the viewer a lot of information about the characters before the war scenes, just as much as the hunting bits. it's Cimino's masterpiece, much more so than Heaven's Gate, and i love that film.

This

This. Especially act one.

What scene in particular are we talking about? The final russian roulette?

Best part of the movie. Kys.