How did you choose your team, spee?

How did you choose your team, spee?

chelsea were on the pes5 demo that got me into football

Like all 5 year olds born in Europe with shitty teams I picked either Barca or Real Madrid

family lived in LA before the white flight, and there are no teams in my area now

>not being born in the stadium of the team that you support

hmmmmmmm

Cousin got me a Yanited jersey for my 7th birthday

cause my city had pro sports teams. I still followed them after moving.

so much cringe

born in SF, live by sacramento

Support the jints and A's because both used the Rivercats as a farm team

lmao

My dad was a Yankee fan and we lived very close to Yankee stadium. Some of my first memories are of the Yankees.

my grandpa and dad went for AC milan, why not

Mariners: Born and raised in WA state, baseball was my first sport I ever watched. Stuck with team through good times and bad.
Chiefs: My Dad is a fan
UW Huskies: Went to college and grad school here
Avalanche: No local hockey team here so I picked the team that was doing the best at the time and kept it.

>going on reddit

i was capitvated by messi's magic of course. simply amazing

i pick teams from cities i like

Born STL, Blues-Rams-Cards.

Rams left, picked the Phins cause IDK.

Fuck kroenke, picked Tottenham.

I haven't. I only support the national team. The only local side I would support is the team my dad used to go for. Unfortunately, they've been relegated so many times they are little more than a Sunday side.
Now I wait for a team that I can feel a connection to.

Grandpa was a fan of the Packers, Yankees and the early Real Madrid sides. Dad went for the 49ers, Bulls and AC Milan. So I cheer for the Patriots, Warriors and PSG

My uncle played for them.

Guy I fucking hated supported Barcelona in their prime, so I started supporting Real Madrid. Paid off 7 years later.

I support Manchester United because theyre always on the tv

Brilliantly crafted shitpost, laddie!

Dodgers because the first game I saw them play was the Steve Finley walkoff to with the NL West in 2004. I love their history as well. Local team.
Lakers because I seriously don't know what schoolkid would intentionally root for the clippers if you grew up during the 3peat years, also a local team.

I never picked up an NFL team since there weren't any in LA, I half-heartedly followed the chargers because they were often on TV but even now I don't care about them or the Rams.

Soccer I just follow enough to shitpost here, and I'm black so hockey has always been out of the discussion

Same here desu

the one that is the latest meme

ugh what a waste

My dad was a Barça supporter, I didn't give a shit about football then but because of my father
was backing barça so was I. Then Valencia won La Liga and then the UEFA CUP.

I dodged that bullet.

First footy game I ever saw was the CDR El Clasico in 2011, and my dad was supporting Real Madrid, so I started to cheer for them too.

Athletic because I was born here, lmao

for non local teams, i support the packers because the first game i ever saw was favre beating the bears and i like green

Local or bust.

Only picked Notre Dame because the helmet is majestic & I'm a quarter Irish.

I was looking for a Premier League team to support and I saw that Robbie Keane could do flips so I had to choose Tottenham.

>Schalke
because I'm a masochist

Forgot to mention I support my local team of course and have had season tickets for several years.

This.

>I'm black so hockey has always been out of the discussion
>Letting your race determine your interests
>Watching baseball
Kill yourself famalam

MUH HERITAGE

I went to a Marlins game when I was a kid and a foul ball came directly at me and I caught it.
It was fate.

I was just getting into footie, was watching a game with my dad and brother
It was a Libertadores game, the chilean team was 3 - 1 down, I thought that that was it, but somehow they ended up winning in the end
That was the first game I remember being really invested in, aside from when Chile played
Been a fan ever since

For all four major North American sports, Dallas is closest. Earliest one I remember hopping on was the Cowboys since they're my uncle's favorite team. My dad's more into college and pulls for his alma mater, Texas Tech. I pulled for them for a while until I went somewhere else, got on their wagon, for better AND for worse, and got a degree from there.

EPL: same thing, and the results said Arsenal. Their resemblance to the teams I follow State-side is uncanny--sometimes high achievers, but rarely the highest achiever, if ever.

I grew up in the region they were based in of course

Howl every time I see this picture

why is he posting in spanish instead of scatalan

Compton doesn't have any ice bruh

Leicester because of their logo and kit and I always picked them in Fifa, back in 2014. When they beat manure 5-3 I was sold.

>Leicester
Said nobody before the year 2016 ever

got born in the city of the footy team init

Why is reddit so cringe?
I did not pick my team like a fucking chocolate bar in supermarket, I support my local team like any true supporter would do

If you're American you probably don't have a local soccer team to support retard.

Born in IL but my parents are from Wisconsin so I'm a Packers Brewers Bucks fan, then chose red wings cuz wisconsin didnt have a nhl team and they were goat asf then.
As far as soccer the first fifa I bought was fifa 10 when i didn't know shit and in my career mode once I transfers to Liverpool so just kinda started following them kek

local team is the only correct answer

but what about a league/sport overseas? I support the sydney kings but im also going to watch the nba because aussie basketball is shit

Local team, and my mum took me to a game when I was little. I didn't see them win a championship until I was 18.

i picked it based on the city

why the fuck do soccer fans all wear scarves?

west brom.

i liked the stripes.

its cold in european winter

My dad grew up in south jersey, about 30 or so minutes from Philadelphia, so that's how I came to be an iggles fan. He was a huge Phillies fan, but also loved the red sox after living in Boston for a few years, so that's how I'm a red sox fan.
>tfw my dad died in march of 2004, never getting to see the sox win the world series ;__;

My mom's from Nebraska, so that's why I'm a huge husker fan.

Born in Granada hills in 91
Only teams I had were the dodgers , Lakers , kings , and raiders so here I am still a fan of all 4

heh I go to CSUN. Did you go to Granada Hills Charter School?

I've rooted for Pops team all my life which is The Pats. But now I have two friends on the 49ers. I'm rooting for them this year and hope they make it, they certainly have the skill. I've seen the pats win for most of the time i can remember sports. I'm ready to move on, I need a team where I can be uncertain if we'll even have a winning season let alone make the superb owl. If my boys land a long standing role with the 49ers, well you can call me a fan.

>NCAA
Texas A&M, as I went to both undergrad and graduate school there
>Boreball
Astros, as I am from near-Houston
>Apehoop
lel
>Handegg
Was the Oilers, but they left because ownership sucked cock so I don't really follow pro football much because lolToxins
>Divegrass
Hull, because that's the name of my hometown
>Rugby
Wales because grandpappy was born in Holyhead

The fuck sort of identity is vegan straight edge? What kind of music do they listen to? I remember the straight edge kids being quite off.

Only lived there for 4 years before moving to long beach for 9 years and eventually Henderson nevada

dirtmundo cause lived in dirtmind for a while

echte liebe xd xd xd

9/10 year old
allowed to watch football with my parents on tv and stay up late
I mean how could you not be captured by this great team

my dad supported FC Twente so when I was 5 and started watching football with him I supported FC Twente too

You have MLS and NASL teams to root for
And "Choosing" a PL team with quizzs is the most cringy reddit thing I ever seen

I chose a handegg team by using random.org
I am now a lifelong arizona cardinals fan

>Straight edge
But not straight stare

I support my local team the most.

I support Liverpool because of my older brother taught me so.

I support 49ers because my other older brother taught me so

I support the New Jersey Devils because I used to play NHL 2001 and Martin Brodeur was my favourite player.

I support my small local team. The team by dad supports and the team that his dad supported.

Grew up supporting the only team in my state at the time for AFL. They introduced a new team some years later and my neighbour and Dad were good mates and he always used to give me shit "you aren't going out in those colours" etc etc. and my team always flogged the new team while my neighbor supported them. One year he made me a bet that if his team wins the derby I would have to switch sides for life and support his team. Being 9 years old and full of confidence in my team I made the bet, that was the first time they had one it in 5 years of attempts. His team is now mine. Cunts.

My local team who gave out free season tickets to our school and went on to get promoted to the football league that year.

I live in Milan and my mother supports Inter. Easy choice. When it comes to foreigners leagues, I tend to sympathize for teams with former inter players or coaches.

No reason for it to be an answer, enjoy your free (you) finnbro

For me, it's FC Barcelona. Free Catalonia!!

Supported Chelsea ever since I've started watching football. Last year decided to switch to Liverpool to because Klavan. Seeing how shit they are I'm now searching for a new team to support.

The cultural difference couldn't be more apparent in these ameriposts. They seem oblivious to how arbitrarily picking a team might annoy real supporters. I'd guess it's because no one is really a "supporter" in American sports outside of buying merchandise. The cultural ties that exist between football clubs in Europe and South America and their supporters seems to be nonexistent in American sports. So it's unsurprising when Americans turn up in a club's subreddit and announce that they've chosen to be a fan of them, like they would for an American franchise. I don't think it's inherently bad, just different.

Worst thing is: one month into their soccer fandom they turn into experts writing 10,000 word essays littered with ZonalMarking jargon

My dad started taking me to games of the local FC when I was 6 and Im not a shitty son so I still support them

>tfw Im not alone

Seizoenkaart here since 1999/2000. You remember that 4-2 against Utrecht? One of my most precious childhood memories

>>NCAA, Am. Football, Rugby, anything with that oblong "ball"
ohonhonhon

>>Boreball
Don't care enough to pick a team, might put a match on once in a while to fall asleep to, that's about it

>>Apehoop
Sacramento Kings because I asked a US penpal what the most useless team was back in '05 I think, the "vanilla" of apehoop teams and he told me that the Kings were a p safe answer

>>Futebol, football, voetbal, Fußball
Local team (pic related), which has really been a hell of a rollercoaster the past years
Internationally, mainly Arsèneal because I'm a fag and my fag boyfriend is hugely into Arse.
Looking forward to those saucy (you)'s.

Dad's Millwall
I'm Millwall
Love pints
Hate pakis

Simple as.

my grandpa supported Inter, my parents also supported inter. It's in the family

>ncaa
went to school there
>nfl
grew up there and live there now
>mlb
>nba
don't follow
>nhl
don't follow
>mls
>premier league
mom used to live there

Typical plastic bandwagonner who picks the winner
I bet he now "bleeds Castillan" or whoever is the current strongest

This sounds so fake. These cringe posts always feels like the persons behind it are fake. Not fake as in, they're trolling or it's a parody, but subconciously fake to get more people to like you or something.

As for me, I played FIFA and the first team that popped up was Arsenal. And they had Bergkamp. Easy.

Only acceptable answer

Was raised a >schalke fan, thanks a fucking ton Dad

I really don't mind, even find that logical, when a foreigner picks a team because one of its player happens to be of the same nationality. i.e. Armenians with Manchester. Or Americans with Arsenal because its owner is American.
But choosing to support a team while you have zero tie to it is awkward

i support nice cause they're nice

I got into football when my then boyfriend played for chelsea.

he doesn't know we dated though

>he doesn't know we dated though
...was it rape?

desu it was just a crush

Dad bought me a replica of an AC Milan shirt to go to my first training ever as a little kid. Also, any belgian with italian descent is following a big italian club.

>Football
Leeds, because my dad supports them and it's all I'd be exposed to growing up and there's fuck all around here locally.

>NFL Handegg, Apehoop, Hockey, Boreball, MLS
Atlanta everything. I lived in Savannah all through undergrad and post-grad. It was always good fun to go to Atlanta sporting events and get fucking hammered. Sucks about the MLS team name though. Can't believe they went with "United" instead of the originally proposed "Silverbacks" just because it was too fuckkng appropriate for the town. I like Orlando City too for the aesthetic kits though. Always nice and cheap to cop in Mexican grocery stores.

>NCAA
UGA. See above.