Serious question, no trolling, no fanboying

Serious question, no trolling, no fanboying.

Has Ronaldo's *CAREER* overtaken Messi's ?
Things to consider are team achievements, personal achievements, goals/assists.

I never thought Ronaldo would match Messi's career a few years ago, but for me, the power shift in recent years is undeniable.

Lets do a poll

Team supported;
Who do you think is more talented;
Who do you think has had the better career;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NfrBlm4Z6BI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Team supported;
>Arsenal
>Messi
>Ronaldo

holy shit Halal wins two preseason games and suddenly Penaldo is the greatest athlete in the history of mankind calm your tits ffs

>Messi
Barcelona
La Liga: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16
Copa del Rey: 2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
Supercopa de España: 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016
UEFA Champions League: 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2014–15
UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
International
Argentina
FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2005
Olympic Gold Medal: 2008

>Ronaldo
Club
Sporting CP
Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2002
Manchester United[556]
Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
FA Cup: 2003–04
Football League Cup: 2005–06, 2008–09
FA Community Shield: 2007
UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
Real Madrid[556]
La Liga: 2011–12, 2016–17
Copa del Rey: 2010–11, 2013–14
Supercopa de España: 2012, 2017
UEFA Champions League: 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17
UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2017
FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016
International
Portugal
UEFA European Championship: 2016

Messi is still the better player. Ronaldo will retire with more team accolades but neither of them will ever win a world cup so individual skill > league titles when it comes to them, imo.

Team supported;
>Newcastle
>Ronaldo
>Ronaldo

>AC Milan
>Messi
>Ronaldo thus far but that's because he's lucked into a stacked Madrid while Barcelona have sharply declined as a club with Messi having to carry the mess.

why do you have to make it so difficult, why not just post

Team supported;

and go ?

Messi hasn't carried shit. Literally did nothing today despite having chances.

yeah, tsu is goat

i was going to post the individual accolades for both, but it would legit take like 6 posts, due to character limit.

i can't even screenshot them, ffs

>tfw you have won 5 academic awards and 2 sports medals in 23 years of existence and you are immensely proud of that fact
>tfw these guys couldn't even name the amount/names of the awards they have won

Everton
If Messi never won a single thing and played for Malaga his whole career he'd still be GOAT. Ronaldo can win everything but if you sat someone down and asked them who the better player was, without any previous bias, 99 percent would say Messi.

Only a spastic would think Ronaldo is a better player, which isn't a knock on Ronaldo. I love TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU man and his ridiculously flamboyant, hard working nature.

messi still better thou his prime is already over meanwhile ronaldo is a lil behind him but his right now his prime have just begun

Team: Colo Colo
Most Talented : Jorge Valdivia
Better Career: Arturo Vidal
go fuck yourself

and the others before that...................................

Cristiano:

>Won Copa del Rey 2011 over Messi
>Won Supercopa de España 2012 over Messi
>Won Supercopa de España 2017 over Messi

Messi:
>Won Champions League 2009 over Cristiano
>Won Supercopa de España 2011 over Cristiano

Messi has won the most important Trophy but Cristiano has won more finals over him.

>Valdivia
>implying not alexis

hue

>Ronaldo lucked
>implying Messi didn't
oh so all those years when Messi had Xavi and Iniesta at peak powers counted for nothing?

messi played with xaviniesta torres back to back treble winner eto, puyol, dani alves, while ronaldo was playing with diarra, adebayor and higuain.
you tell me

and what trophy is that exactly? I hope you're not talking about the Olympic Gold. Which isn't even a fucking trophy lmao

Messi does more for Barcelona than Ronaldo does for Madrid. Barcelona without Messi falls apart, Madrid without Ronaldo is just fine when you have players like Isco and Asensio.

meant to say villa instead of torres. my point stands though

ronaldo's carreer is way more impressive but in terms of talent its pretty equal tbdh

id still pick cristiano over messi first to build a team

Champions League 2009 over Cristiano's ManU

I'm talking about direct KOs

They also won the UEFA Super Cup, the Champions League and the él La Liga in the last 3 months.

Banwagonned team: Liverpool
More talented: Messi
Better career: both equal I think
But from the perspectice of who is more likeable majority might choose Ronaldo. He's talented but not as talented as Messi so he make it up with hardwork which is the thing that make him 'more connected' to your average person.

that's not Ronaldo's problem. That's the fault of the manager and the board.

Team supported;
>Los Blancos (parents from Madrid)
>Ronaldo
>Ronaldo

>tfw live in Dallas and a Cowboy's fan. I'm the biggest bandwagon unironically how do I shake this status? I go to many Cowboys game and Real Madrid games too

Ronaldo has actually won something with his NT.

Ronaldo has actually won trophies in multiple countries.

Ronaldo is actually 32 and shows no real signs of slowing the fuck down.

>Team supported;
Pumas
>Who do you think is more talented;
Messi
>Who do you think has had the better career;
Hard to tell tbqh

Team supported: Borussia Dortmund
Who do you think is more talented: Messi
Who do you think had the best career: Ronaldo, I remember people shitting on him all the time and all the humiliating defeats, Mourinho parking the bus and leaving him alone at the top. Him running his ass off, one man against the best team in the world.

>Who do you think has had the better career
Ronaldo obviously. Reminder he has a more extensive trophy cabinet than Messi. Reminder that Ronaldo did it with 2 clubs. Balon d'Ors while on 2 different clubs. Reminder that Ronaldo has done it with the national team. Ronaldo has a better scoring record than Messi in La Liga and internationally. Ronaldo holds BOTH records for most goals and assists in the champions league. Ronaldo adapts to everchanging teammates while Messi has been exposed when Iniesta doesn't play

>poortuguese league
>eplel with Manure
Nah, who cares. His exploits in europe are all that matter.

offsidenaldo is a zizou babby

>Team supported;
QSG
I have eyes, Messi
Messi

messi wins ballon d'or when he performs, ronaldo wins ballon d'or when messi underperforms

despite having a carreer full of chokes messi is the goat, while ronaldo is blessed by luck

>despite having a carreer full of chokes

>I remember people shitting on him all the time and all the humiliating defeats, Mourinho parking the bus and leaving him alone at the top. Him running his ass off, one man against the best team in the world.
THIS. jose deserted him like the scared bitch he was

but ronaldo has a euro cup over messi.
messie doesnt even have a copa america.

>Audax Italiano
>Messi
>Tsunaldo

Tie ur way to a final dont even play the final(not his fault I know) = goat chearleader on the side lines lol

Reminder he did fuck all against the mighty Iceland and didn't play the final with fucking EDER scoring the winning goal.

>being on the wrong side of history

100% this holy shit

>scoring penalties
>disappearing in big games
>yelling at ramos
yeah he does SO much for barca

I think ur talking about ur self leaf friend...

Messi was the only consistent threat today for Barcelona while Ratking was busy diving and everyone else choking.

Why are you still on the messi bandwagon? how many exposures will it take?

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So Messi never played with Xavi, Iniesta, and Eto'o/Villa at their very best?

I like ronaldoooo u like messi I hate u now. Are u 12... Messi will always be better the Penaldo the fact is Messi is carry Barca right now. If Messi wasn't playing the score line would have been much worse you cant say the same about Ronaldu, as shown today Real Madrid dont even need Ronalduuu anymore..

My boi tsunaldo has a way better team right now, I know that now for a fact... Barca need Messi, Real Madrid dont need Ronaldo.

Don't forget Ibra, Thuram, Ronaldinho

so.. did Neymar know something we didn't?

Seems like he jumped ship at the right time.

Alianza

Messi

I think considering how much worse and older than Messi he is you need to acknowledge that he really tries and deserves all he's got. Messi lucked out not only being the best thing ever but also expending his best years among other talents. Now Ronaldo can enjoy his stacked team making him life easier.

Yep, that's why he was both Real's top goal scorer and top assister in the CL last season. And see here

Don't argue with messhit poster. They only base their opinions on favouritism rather than logic. Save your breathes for TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Whats the significance of that stat? Is he padding in losses or making crucial shots? Im an ameritard obviously so...

Obviously

if ronaldo is always carried then explain to me the fact that he's the all time champions league leader in assists?

Peak Messi is better than peak Ronaldo, but I'd say if Ronaldo has another GOAT tier year like last season and Barcelona do nothing again, Ronaldo will have had a better career.

>peak
Ronaldos never even had a peak, he's always been this consistent

Yeah, but so has Messi. That's why they are both miles ahead of the other top players. They don't have off years like Hazard did in 15/16 or turn to irredeemable shit like Suarez last and this season.

so for the ones that matter

>Missi
>Barcelona
8 Liga titles
5 Copa del Rey
4 Champions League

Total = 17 titles of importance

>Ronnie
>Manchester United
3 Premier League titles
1 FA Cup
1 Champions League

>Real Madrid
2 Liga Titles
2 Copa Del Rey
3 Champions League

>Portugal
1 Euro

Total = 13 titles of importance

ITT: recency bias.

>these trophies matter because i say so
Also, ronaldo has 4 champions leagues. Scored in 3 of those and became the only player to do so

well I mean the others are one off games/supercups and the FIFA club world cup.. hardly relevant wouldn't you say?

Suarez is one of the best strikers in the plantet in terms of pure scoring ability

This... /thread tb h fäm

>Has Ronaldo's *CAREER* overtaken Messi's ?
Possibly, yeah. By a tiny bit but yes. They are now tied at 4CLs, and Ronaldo will win his 5th Ballon d'or. Ronaldo comes out ahead because he won a title with his NT, while having arguably a much weaker NT than Messi

>Who do you think is more talented
Anyone who really understands this sport knows they are both equally talented. Only niños rata who started watching football in 2009 could possibly think CR is not a talented footballer

>Missi
great success with one club
short
ugly
beta
said club is scum of the football world

>Ronaldo
great success with multiple clubs
great success with NT
tall
handsome
alpha
said club is no saint but is an angel in comparison

1 Euro counts for at least three trophies IMHO.

You can't really have all those trophies adding up to the same amount individually.

It's like goals scored in lesser leagues not valued as much in the golden shoe race.

>implying barca needed Messi when they had Xavi, Iniesta and Eto'o

Messi's international record is irrelevant since he plays on a team that would be worse than the US without him. Ronaldo goes down and Portugal since win the final.

You idiots were no where to be found until eder won a euro for portugal

Ronaldo's career is missing most the euro final on a booboo.
Messi could probably play a real sport of he wanted to. Ronaldo could only model.

actually we were cheering for him in his 2008 balon dor season where he set the record for most goals in a 38 games season, scored and won the CL final
did you even know the messi name before 2009?

Copa America vs Chile

Group Stage w/o Messi: Argentina win
Final w/ Messi: Argentina lose on penalties

Except those are considered some of Messi's best years moron.

Team supported;
>Liverpool
>Messi
>Ronaldo atm

>Team supported;
Inter
Messi
Ronaldo. I mean, come on, ffs Messi doesn't even have any national trophy.

Eder>Messi confirmed.

What does he say "---- a tu madre"

>Team supported;
>>Man United
>>Messi. Out of this world.
>>Ronaldo, no doubt.

If you had asked the same question in 2013, everyone would have said Messi for both.

But Ronnie really has taken his career to the next level in past 4 years

Messi aged like milk
Ronaldo aged like wine

Messi had a higher but shorter peak than ronaldo, while ronaldo's peak has been longer. So Ronaldo > Messi , but Peak Messi > Peak Ronaldo

Messi is more talented.
CR7 is the better player since 2014, and has a better career.

If Ronaldo's next 3 years are like the last 3 Messi may never catch him desu

This

Madrid is a team that is constantly switching coaches and players, and he obviously had to do more, when messi started a team was already in place and kept going, unfortunately Barcelona is run by a bunch of idiots and thus messi sucks ass

youtube.com/watch?v=NfrBlm4Z6BI

Dominican here. Don't know anything about football, but Ronaldo is goat. Fuck argentinians

>Team supported;
Whoever is managed by my nigga, Mouyes. Also Milan when Sheva played for them.

Obviously Messi.

Obviously Ronaldo.

>Messi
Barcelona
La Liga: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16
Copa del Rey: 2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
UEFA Champions League: 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2014–15

>Ronaldo
Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
FA Cup: 2003–04
UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
La Liga: 2011–12, 2016–17
Copa del Rey: 2010–11, 2013–14
UEFA Champions League: 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17
UEFA European Championship: 2016

Deleted the irrelevant shit.

Messi is the mainstream but ultimately correct choice. Ronaldo is the edgy Sup Forums contrarian choice.

>Including Euro 2016
He didn't genuinely play in that match.

He made crucial contributions leading to it.

He did play, retard.

Got subbed in minute 25.

I'm sure the referees would have fulfilled the obligations of their UEFA orders without him on the field desu

>Spic reading comprehension

They could have drawn their way to the final without him. In fact they might have actually won some games if they didn't need to satisfy his hero obsession in their game plan

Maybe but they looked pretty toothless without him in the final (against a much better team admittedly) but whataboutery shouldn't matter when he scored or assisted in almost every game and helped the team by simply being on the field and drawing attention away from his teammates. He contributed to their euro win.

>Ronaldo didn't play that Match because i say so

Funny thing Is that you complain about Ronaldo in a match he actually played and not about Messi's first CL.