DUDE DISSNONANT CHORDS LMAO

>DUDE DISSNONANT CHORDS LMAO
what's so special about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y2F_JF7mIxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a good album.

That’s what I thought at first but the more you listen to it the more intricate melodies and progressions you find. It’s really a brilliant album.

Special compared to what?

>what's so special about this?
See your own greentext you buffoon

if you like no wave and noise rock this is a pretty good album, not GOAT like people say though

I like no wave and this seems like a pretty watered down/more accessible version desu

What the fuck is a dissnonant chord?

It's sonic youths transition period from no wave stuff to sleazy and noisy alt rock

>I like no wave
How many no wave bands have you sen live?

a satanic amount

a chord that is not consonant

I mean compared to their other albums. I think Sister does the whole schtick better, so why does everyone know them for daydream nation? is it solely because of teenage riot?
Then again i just started listening to noise rock so i probably am a buffoon

List them

Really cool sound, mysterious and calm but really aggressive and energetic at the same time.

>I think Sister does the whole schtick better
What schtick?

Have you heard of the beatles?

That would be a DISSONANT chord.
And they are everywhere in music. Jazz for instance is entirely built on dissonant chords.

Sonic Youth is not noise rock. Daydream Nation is post-hardcore. Yes I just threw down that gauntlet.

Daydream Nation is longer than Sister so its better.

The end of The Sprawl is so beautiful man.

I can see it being post-hardcore
Compare Daydream Nation to an album like Yank Crime and there are a lot of similarities

>Daydream Nation
>Post Hardcore

Yep

Fake Train too

I mean that all should have gotten the name of noise rock especially Sonic Youth but all the AmRep type stuff got the name instead.

noise rock elitists are the fucking worst.

"HAHA MELT-BANANA ISN'T NOISE ROCK EVEN THOUGH THEY FIT LITERALLY EVERY CHECKBOX HAHA ONLY BANDS I CHOOSE ARE NOISE ROCK BECAUSE IT'S MY GENRE ;;'((("

Yes I'm still annoyed at people in noise rock threads when I just mentioned I was enjoying a MB song.

Well for starters getting specific about an album would help. As I recall they were mostly a grindcore band for many years.

Have you ever heard this? Brace for impact.
youtu.be/Y2F_JF7mIxw
Recorded September 1988

keep listening OP it's the definition of a grower

I kinda feel like Daydream Nation is what would happen when Glenn Branca disciples try to take a crack at making a Marquee Moon.

Yea i agree, its babies first noise album

Stop trying to be pretentious

Stop trying to be bossy

dunno why i read this as
>DUDE CROISSANTS LMAO
and i was very confused for a sec

I don't think one can make a sincere effort to try and be pretentious, it just sort of is a thing that happens. You either are or you aren't, there's no real aspiration at play there.

no look check this out:

Sonic Youth is not noise rock. Daydream Nation is post-hardcore.

see?

Actually pay attention and listen to what the guitars are doing, don't just hear them. Then it will make sense why it's so great.

nothing, it's just a discount version of This Nation's Saving Grace

This.
Even when I started to like Sonic Youth but found this album overrated, it grew on me.

spbp