Why is the government building their own wireless network?

Why is the government building their own wireless network?

illinois.gov/firstnet/NPSBN/Pages/default.aspx

Other urls found in this thread:

security.stackexchange.com/questions/21395/how-is-4g-lte-encrypted
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

man i dunno

probably the same reason they dumped a ton of funding and research into the early internet, dipshit

>unwarranted hostility

man they have you shills working overtime

If you were the government, wouldn't you do that as well?

Not being a bootlicker. Just a realist.

>hostility
>shill

holy shit you're stupider than i thought, stop making us burgers look even worse than most of us are

I would use existing infrastructure not a huge moneypit like this.

Lel why are you so triggered by this

go praise science on reddit kid

To help secretly facilitate transporting the blood of Palestinian children back to the Jewish homeworld of Planet Nibiru.

Where it's used as a power source for their blood magic.

Yeah, they throw money around like nobody's business sometimes. After 9/11 I had to figure out how to effectively spend a whole bunch of it, but at least I can say I spent it very effectively in hindsight.

Nowadays they've been making it harder and hard for an honest person like me to have enough leeway to spend what money they give us as effectively as I could be. It's tough, but there's definitely a need to do better controlling waste. Paying for more bureaucrats to audit more rules gets counterproductive at some point.

What I would say overall is that the media jews should have their jewiness taken from them, and then let's have more public awareness and input on where and how the money is being spent.

QUIT ASKING QUESTIONS U FUCKING GOY

>
Think how heavy those servers were to bring into the attic.

Obama?

he carried that weight?

are you actually on the ballot of any states?

Think of how much it's going to cost to dispose of those CRTs safely, not to mention the roomfuls of 3.5" diskettes it's going to take to store all the data.

I keep my private political views separate from my professional life. I'm hoping Trump has the business acumen to make some more effective improvements. There's definitely a lot of room to do better, but it's pretty important, necessary, and inevitable to keep up with infrastructure and technological development.

Are you retarded OP.

your asking why a completely separate network for emergency communication is a good idea.

Read a book nigger

Explain why it's a great idea and why it's needed. Why not just have mandate that makes private companies allocate bandwidth to emergency personal during an emergency?

This will cost a lot of money and the only advantage I can see is some faint idea of secrecy.

One of the biggest threats to America is an attack on our networks.

If we have a separate network for emergency comms, this limits the chances of that network being disrupted.

I don't know about mandating private companies. "Private-public partnerships" is cryptojewspeak for fascism, and they already have such systems in place to seize control of infrastructure in case of emergency.

But airwaves are a public utility and therefore need public regulation to avoid anarchy. So if they want to infringe on the libertarian utopia slightly to allocate some public money and public airwaves to use for other public purposes like emergency responders, then that's a pretty legit proposition. Is it a good business decision? Is it worth the money? Those are the things to argue about.

or this just creates a new vector to point to be attacked from. I'm sure it will be will maintained and OPSEC will be fortified *cough*

Is it really public if only government agents have access? It seems like it will be some sort of stasi information sharing network.

If it is not connected to the Internet, it will be relatively safe from cyber attacks.

>Is it really public if only government agents have access?
Yeah, that's a good question, but there are other parts of the spectrum where the public can literally do anything they want within some sane boundaries, and where people routinely violate those boundaries without being enough of a problem to be worth wasting more public resources on law enforcement.

The fact of the matter is that they're going to have secret STASI information sharing networks whether you like it or not. At least in this case they're telling you about it.

There will also be private such networks, especially if shit really starts going down. Good old American free market competition, you know? In fact knowing how to participate effectively in some local communications is one of the more valuable investments you could make.

It doesn't have to be connected to the internet. Russia goes relatively dark and we create web of things were home power can be shut down remotely. I hope they know what they're doing and not just creating welfare for industries.

It's a simple 20MHz wireless communications protocol, unless they do some crazy encryption scheme that system will be succeptible to being monitored and or interferred with at the very least

What is a vlan for 500, Alex.

God damn I hate all you non tech fags.

Infrastructure is so ridiculously easy to take out. Thank God we live in a country made almost entirely of decent people or at least people who are too deficient to pose a real threat.

Some drunk dude crashed his truck into a substation near me once. So much damage and cost for one idiot's unthinking mistake.

Intranet is a more apt word imo

regarding the security

security.stackexchange.com/questions/21395/how-is-4g-lte-encrypted

isn't that what amber alert and shit uses? it makes sense. Just Trust The Government. They Trust You To Trust Them. Trust Them, Trust You.

All Is Well, All Is Positive. One Network, Under God, Invisible. With Liberty, and Justice, For You. Trust in Us.

cool your autism and calmly explain yourself please

No AMBER alert is for the public and uses private, state and federal radio infrastructure. This system which is not built yet would be private for government officials and require them building cell towers and adding antennas to existing ones.