ITT movies that are scientific bullshit

ITT movies that are scientific bullshit.

>somebody spent time doing this

I didn't watch it because Matt Damon's face makes me die inside, whats unscientific about it?

why do they have to be accurate

My life

the internal logic must make sense to hold suspension of disbelief, even of fiction or famtasy

sure but that's a different concern than OP has

Internal logic =\= scientific accuracy you goon.

They don't, but when they pretend to be that's a problem

all of them

that's brilliant

Still better than the awful book it's based on

>le 20 something black genius
>le vulgarizing fucking slingshot maneuver to head of NASA
>le megacomputer farm that displays "calculations correct" when black genius finds the solution to everything

The only thing wrong with the story is the opening scene, the wind doesn't have enough force to do what it did in the movie (or book) and everyone is up front that it is implausible. Everything else is plausible.

jumping out of a shuttle in low orbit to have someone catch you is pretty unscientific
but can you actually heat up your car with some gold foil wrapped around a radioactive isotope?

Because that limits the director's freedom of using magic to explain his retarded plotholes, which is an indication of skill and true art. It's easy to pull unicorns every time you fuck up, but it's way harder to stay consistent with reality and actually fix the plotholes without breaking logic or reverting to surprises that no one could've possibly expected since they don't exist in reality

What was inaccurate about it?

do you have a .png version with clearer text?

it didn't need to be this complicated

>mfw the skin on the airlock begins to rupture and you see the air rushing IN through the tear

Thanks Neil.

armageddon and independence day.

i love both movies to death though, would re-watch over watching drudge like lost in translation or citizen kane any day

ITT: Autist

>these science FICTION films aren't realistic enough!

Wew fucking lad

Citizen Kane and lost in translation are main stream and digestible as fuck

I bet in 10 years kids will be calling fellowship of the ring pretentious

>that scene where fucking NASA mission control does not have an accurate map of Mars and the black science man has to go to the cafeteria to find one hanging on the wall

It wasn't the black guy who did that.

I found the Star Wars Holiday Special to be highly unrealistic.

The term "black science man" is reserved for NDT and his likeness in Seveneves. The skin color of the character played by Donald Glover in The Martian was never mentioned in the book. Donald Glover just happens to be black. If anything, he should be referred to as "autistic science man."