So, why didn't the high ground work for Darth Maul?

So, why didn't the high ground work for Darth Maul?
Is High Ground an ability that only jedis can use?
If so, what special abilities do the sith have that jedis can't use?

only obiwan who can do it.

Obi wan just needs a different elevation to have an advantage. That's why Vader beat him in a new hope. They were on level ground.

Not only is Obi-Wan a master of the High Ground, he is also a mast of a Certain Point of View. This allows Obi-Wan to have the high ground no matter his situation. Remember, it's all true, from a certain point of view.

Sith can spin. Its poetry

Obi Wan had the high ground, from a certain point of view.

This.

Darth Maul saw that he had the high ground. He was so sure of his victory, so certain that his triumph was at hand, he failed to react when Obi-Wan negated his advantage.

Remember that only a Sith deals in absolutes.

>Is High Ground an ability that only jedis can use?
He's got the upside, I got the downside. There are two sides to every schwartz,

Obiwan only needs a different relative elevation from his foes.

Damn....

Really activated my almond.

see
you may think the ground was level on the death Star but they were in space. so from obiwans perspective he was on the higher ground.

>you may think the ground was level on the death Star but they were in space. so from obiwans perspective he was on the higher ground.
There was no difference in elevation on the Death Star, which is how Vader defeated him.

>tfw part of a screencap of a legendary thread

someone actually wrote this haha. in space however, there isn't a up or down. the death Star could be "sideways" depending on where you're looking at it from. would this not give obi wan the higher ground power wherever he is/ isn't that the point?

this

It's all part of the plan.

Why Obi Wan didn't throw sand at Vader in New Hope? I think sand is Anakin's kryptonite

Spinning is a Good trick that allows one to overcome the low ground disadvantage

No, because he and Darth Vader have no relative difference in height. They are always at eye level from every POV.

Getting struck down was part of his plan. He knew that without Vader to betray the Emperor, Luke would either turn to the dark side or get cooked to death by Sheev

Not only the Death Star duel was on a flat surface, but it also was in an enviroment totally devoid of sand. All of Obi's strenghts and Vader's weaknesses were neutralized.

>There was no difference in elevation on the Death Star, which is how Vader defeated him.
Only partially right. See using Obi-Wan's skill in the Certain Point of View, Ol' Obi-Wan had the high ground Spiritually.
>Only a master of evil, Darth.
>You can't win Darth. If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine.
Vader 'wins' the fight but in doing so he allows Obi-Wan to Force Ghost. Which in turn allows him to train and guide Luke whenever and wherever he may be. So in the end, Obi-Wan won that fight and the war as a whole by allowing Vader to 'kill' him.
>Note: Obi-Wan's sly grin right before Vader slashes him.

That's not Obi Wan's sly grin, that's Alec Guinness grimacing as he has to spend another five minutes on this set.