Post your best mobkino

post your best mobkino

You just posted THE best one, the only things I could hold up as good counters are series, The Godfather 1&2 and Battles Without Honor and Humanity. The latter of which I can understand not counting as mobkino because they're Japs.

Does this movie hold up if I break up the viewings? I want to get the full experience but also committing to 4 hours is hard.

Haven't seen it in awhile but pretty sure there is an intermission. So just think of it as 2 two hour viewings.

The Yards by James Gray.
It's fine, you don't read books on one sitting either.

just watch the US theatrical cut

I recommend stopping at the intermission

pleb

Perfect mobkino, Leone's undisputed masterpiece and my favourite film.
Also, Elizabeth McGovern is my cheekfu.

You mean the butchered one that fucked up the reception to the movie?

No, you should watch the Cannes Cut that Scorsese helped to restore.

Is that the lost 6 hour cut?

More like sleepkino
yawwwwn

Scorsese is a pleb

name just ONE Scorsese flick that tackles a complex theme in a subtle way.

I refuse to watch this until the full version is released.

Raging Bull

Scorsese films are not about subtlety. His allure is for the grand, fantastical moments, not the quiet and simple. Watch a different director.

I think it worked fine watching it in parts.

Anyone else prefer the half where they're all kids though, and it's a sexual exploration of life in the 20s?
>ywn gangbang the community jewslut who never degrades you.

I've heard this movie uses nostalgia as a story telling device. Is this true? I have this weird fascination with how people obsess over the past and I've yet to see a movie that properly captures that feeling.

It does, the film deals with themes such as time, friendship and love. The mafia is just a setting.

Would The Sopranos movie have been a flick, or pure kino?

That's a shame. I thought I was in for a wild ride but instead it's a faggotry muh feelings type of trash using the mafia as medium.

This sopranos-like crap disgusts me so much.

It's still a fantastic film, and Sergio Leone's masterpiece. But of course, if you're expecting Goodfellas or Scarface, you're gonna be disappointed.

Absolute kino. You gotta watch the 86 hour cut in one sitting though.

Get out and go watch Big Bang Theory faggot.

What is it about mob movies that are so alluring? I can't put my finger on it. There's something about the lifestyle that I find endearing and profound. Mob movies are endlessly watchable for me.

all settings before the 70s are top comfy

>you will never be a mobster with your best friends in 30's era brooklyn

The Godfather 2 > Goodfellas > The Godfather 1 > OUATIA

sorry, fratello, but that's how it be

Godfather 1/2 are just about le epic quotes and memorable scenes glamorizing the lifestyle.

Goodfellas is pretty close to that but more entertaining.

OUATIA is about far more and transcends the "mob" genre entirely.

That said, they're obviously all incredible films. OUATIA just isn't really comparable.

>glamorizing the lifestyle.
Noodles being nostalgic over his life is pretty much the same.

My grandfather prosecuted the mafia in the 70s. They were really nice to him since he was an immigrant, he got invited to the wedding in Goodfellas. Didn't go, though