Is this the Neon Genesis Evangelion of music?

Is this the Neon Genesis Evangelion of music?

THIS

No. It'd have to be much better.

No. STGSTV is

i'm not sure why but i agree

The Inalienable Dreamless you faggot

No, OK Computer is very straightforward and easy to understand. The hypothetical Evangelion of music would start out as an enjoyable pop/rock album but then slowly get more distorted until it's just a wall of undecipherable noise by the end.

I think OP just said that because both are critically acclaimed and from the 1990s. NGE is practically perfect though, and OK Computer not really.
It should be both loved by a large number of people and deserve that level of appreciation. And from the 1990s, I guess

so Ladies and Gentlemen we are Floating in Space?

It is a better option.

Kid A is EoE

Well I guess I'm listening to that now.

According to Hideaki, he doesn't understand why the series is so popular when it deals with a cast of mentally ill characters. I would say Nirvana is the equivalent, Kobain was mentally sick and hated most of his fans and yet it was very popular. And they both have the angsty and angry aesthetic

m b v?

Nirvana isn't "deep" enough to be Eva of music

Yeah but Evangelion saved the entire industry as had a notable influence on a ton of anime into the 21st century. OK Computer was a big critical and commercial success, but it's style didn't really latch onto the dying mainstream rock sound. You can only hear OK Computers sound in a few mediocre alternative rock bands , even Radiohead completely ditched the sound with Kid A.

>he thinks eva is deep
holy shit

Even though it's not from the 90s I could see one of the newer swans albums as qualifying, probably The Seer or To Be Kind. Dark, atmospheric, brutal at times, songs linked to mental instability, can be pretty incomprehensible to people no accustomed to that type of music.

I came here to say that comparisons would be stupid, but I strangely agree with this

But he's right. Eva is fairly deep, especially for an anime

no it's not jesus christ it's a fucking anime

Just because it's an anime its impossible to have any sort of depth? Nice logic there.

So?

fucking weebs

Wow you gave up pretty quickly

Yeah I'll take that as a victory

overrated, contrived and treated like a monolith? yea

weebs btfo

NGE is not hard to understand if you did a bit of research on the damn show's lore beforehand and watched the last two episodes, because the movie was literally the last two episodes done better

>Eva is fairly deep, especially for an anime
has the depth of a B-tier movie dealing with happiness and depression

Yeah, of course doing external research would help you understand something, but who reads about a shows lore before watching it?

i guess so, since the show does pride itself on being cryptic. But once you understand the motivations of the characters and the premise of the show its completely underwhelming, or at least doesn't live up to the hype

No. It's much closer to Serial Experiments Lain.

You don't even need to do that and can watch the last two episodes as they are without the movie, too though. If you look close enough, the whole time the animation quality is only dropping as the show goes on. Sure you can put that away as "Anno's not feeling too good" or "Sarin gas fucked up animators" or "the budget got fucked" or whatever. But, I at this point think that the constant drop in animation quality only fits the continually deteriorating mental states of the cast of the show.

The movie's approach to similar themes is very different as the whole thing's very high quality throughout, and thus approaches the themes in a more grand way rather than the somewhat minimalist but not actually minimalist approach of the show.

Imagine being this contrarian

Whats with the NGE posting on Sup Forums recently? There was a thread yesterday about Shinji.

yes

Nah, OKC is actually good.

weebs are a major demographic of this site.

I agree, the themes line up much better and tackle the same pre-2000’s tech anxiety

This is musical version of being inside an entry plug

so spirit they're gone spirit they've vanished played backwards?

Komm Susser Tod even sounds like a Spiritualized song.

Pic related is the End of Evangelion of music

the wall is the evangelion of music, it even has the same fucking story and message (the world/people are shit but youll find someone nice) and the final episodes/songs take place in the protagonist's mind

If it has to be rock, it'd be this.
But I think Evangelion is more similar to Beethoven (not only because they used pieces by him on the show)

Not just this, but apparently The Wall and End of Eva sync up real fucking nicely if you follow a very particular set of instructions. Haven't tried it myself, but I'm planning on it.

loveless

uncultured virgin xd

No this is

>NGE is deep man like you don't even know
I'm so tired of faggots saying this.
It's like saying The Matrix or Pink Floyd's "The Wall" are deep.
You just sound like an ignorant faggot when saying it.

I was listening to a track from OK Computer and then I came here and there was a thread about the album! Can you believe it? What a coincidence!

If OKC is the Evangelion of music, what is Hail to the Thief?

>itt. *pic related*

epic post fellow beefeater

Thanks.