Hey Koreans, can you read this?

前文
悠久한歷史와傳統에빛나는우리大韓國民은3·1運動으로建立된大韓民國臨時政府의法統과不義에抗拒한4·19民主理念을繼承고、祖國의民主改革과平和的統一의使命에立脚하여正義·人道와同胞愛로써民族의團結을鞏固히 하고、모든社會的弊習과不義를打破하며、自律과調和를바탕으로自由民主的基本秩序를더욱確固히하여政治·經濟·社會·文化의모든領前文…
1987年 10月 29日

i am not korean, but i can read this

아멘

not an argument

ching chang chong do not dishona famiry

t. illiterate

I can only understand
前文 전문
大韓國民 대한민국
建立 건립
不義 불의
民主 민주
祖國 조국
正義 정의
民族 민족
自由民主的基本 자유민주적기본
政治 정치
文化 문화

전문
유구한 역사와 전통에 빛나는 우리 대한민국은 31 운동으로 건립된 대한민국 임시정부의 법통과 불의에 항거한 419 민주이념을 계승하고, 조국의 민주개혁과 평화적 통일의 사명에 입각하여 정의, 인도와 동포애로써 민족의 단결을 공고히 하고, 모든 사회적 세습과 불의를 타파하며, 자립과 조율를 바탕으로 자유민주적 기본질서를 더욱 확고히 하여 정치, 경제, 사회, 문화의 모든 영역에 있어서....

설마 헌법 전문 정도도 모르겠냐 ㅄ야

Why are Japanese autistically obsessed with Chinese characters?

Can not read
>悠,久,傳,統,運,動,臨,府,理,念,繼,承,革,的,統,使,脚,胞,團,結,鞏,社,會,的,弊,習,打,破,律,調,的,秩,序,確,經,濟,領

Can Read
>前·文·時·政·法·統·不·義·抗·拒·祖·國·民·主·改·平·和·命·立·正·義·人·道·同·愛·民·族·固·自·自·由·民·主·本·文·化

Why don't Koreans like Hanja?

>Why don't Americans like Latin, Ancient Greek, and Hebrew?

>impossible
你...你好

Because they're 1000's of years old, where as Korean used Hanja a rather short time ago.

I still think Hanja education is important. If i ever get around to studying Korean i want to learn hanja too, but my background of Kanji will probably help a lot.

你好,我不能漢字

>Because they're 1000's of years old,
but There are still people who use Hebrew actively.

I went to the Academy and studied 150 hanja, So I know more than ordinary Koreans

>政·法·統·不·義··祖·國·民·主·平·和·立·正·人·道·同·愛·民·族·自·由·民·主·本·文·化
Most Koreans know only about these Hanjas

>政·法·統·義·族
But these hanjas are so complicated that some people do not know

However most of them are Hanjas that are often seen in daily life

>
>政·法·統·義·族
>But these hanjas are so complicated that some people do not know

Did you sleep at middle school class?

I was talking about actively used in the English language. It's not a comparison. Hanja was apart of Kanji where as the languages you listed were never "actively" used in English as a piece of the language.

See what i'm getting at?

>Hanja was apart of Kanji
I thought it was Chinese?

>actively used in the English language
Latin and Greek derived words are very actively used in English. I even heard British learn them in school.

Hanja was apart of Korean*

My bad for the typo.

I'm aware that they have words in our language. I'm talking about the wider scope of things. Hanja was literally an entire writing system that the Koreans used. It's like the Japanese just throwing away their Kanji.

It's more solid within the language than Greek and the other languages you mentioned are in English.

Er, I thought in normal school they teach like 2000 hanja to kids, no?

They teach somewhere around that in Japan.

I think they should make a RTK for Japanese edition. I've met many Japanese people that don't know some Kanji in RTK, it might be of some use.

But I specifically read this about Korea. Is it like an optional subject or something?

Because we don't need them anymore. It's simple. I also know few of hanja but haven't had any trouble in reading or understanding shit written in hangul only.

Elementary school doesn't teach Hanja

It teaches only in middle and high schools, and the numbers are about 1800 hanjas

And most of them forget hanja and can not remember.

>And most of them forget hanja and can not remember.
Yeah duh. That's pretty obviously going to happen.

Obviously. That is why the Japanese don't forget Kanji. Ones that are used often are remembered and ones that aren't used often aren't lol.

初代 招待 朝鮮 造船 駅舎 歴史
発光 発狂 定額 精液 火傷 画像
反戦 反転 反日 半日 武士 無事
大便 代弁 無力 武力 電車 戦車
連覇 連敗 恨国 韓国 祈願 起源
競技 景気 放火 防火
読者 独自 団扇 負債 停電 停戦
大使 台詞 諸国 帝国 諸島 制度
声明 姓名 無力 武力 全員 田園
定木 定規 全力 電力 代弁 大便
捕鯨 包茎 地図 指導 素数 小数

you can just simply juxtapose japanese throwing away kanji with korean discarding hanja

since there is a wider variety of phonetics in korean language as opposed to that of japanese there wouldn't be much trouble understanding korean without hanja at all

so i think my country man's analogy with ancient greek and lantin language stands solid in this case

*can't

juxtapose? The hell that's a word?

The thing is, we are talking about writing systems here. You're right in saying Korean has a lot more phonetics, by far. However i still am not seeing how your analogy stands.

Writing systems are an integral part of a language, where as loanwords and "roots" are different.

Yes, you are right
Chinese,Taiwanese and Japanese think Koreans don't learn hanja, but we have definitely learned hanja, Koreans also remember basic hanja
but we forget all difficult hanjas and unused hanjas
This picture is my middle school hanja textbook

modern hebrew was made up in the early xxth century iirc

At least in Korean Hanja actually made sense.

Japanese really fucked with Kanji in regards of the readings and such.

Because they're smart.

>Bring some irrelevant muh homophones (about half of them are not used in Korean)

What did he mean by this?

Do you guys miss Hanja anyways? Like what is the general populous's opinion on them?

old writings

凡韓國人莫不従中國之支配而朝鮮鮮矣朝貢。