What happens here? can someone give me a quick rundown?

what happens here? can someone give me a quick rundown?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimosodat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

colds

DELETE THIS
people should never know about this place, is too perfect.

That place is where time has stopped to 1940s finland. Nothing in there anymore

Just more land the Russians have stolen and then completely neglected.

My ancestors
My heritage

godforsaken poor shithole with beautiful nature
meme finns like "svetlana kondalainen"
rightfull russian cities like Suojarvi and Sortavala

>rightfull russian cities like Suojarvi and Sortavala

Death to Ukraine. Should be part of Poland.

that's a fucking irony you idiot

swamps and lakes

Is the northwestern part of Russia first world? Or at least better than rest of the Russia?

I can't be just like all of Russia since it borders Norway and Finland. St Petersburg seems kinda comfy to me desu

Its just as bad as rest of russia. Russians completely ruin every place they go to

Vyborg is not in Karelia
>Finnish education

Don't blame him, all chukhonians are autists.
It's very poor except SPb

Literally what

maybe not in karelian oblast but it's part of our reduced south karelian region

Vyborg is located in Leningrad Oblast, not in the Republic of Karelia

> Is the northwestern part of Russia first world? Or at least better than rest of the Russia?
No. St Petersburg is very developed by Russian standards but the rest of the northwestern region is pretty poor. Regions past the polar circle like Murmansk and Nenets AO get "northern bonuses" to salaries but they're still poorly developed, and the climate there is similar to northern Finland and Norway.

Nice autism but the Dutchfag wasn't talking about Karelia but NW Russia so posting a picture of Viipuri was fine.

this

Filled with inferior Finnicoid subhumanids

I wish. It's full of Rustrash. Even nearby fully Russified oblasts have more Finnic heritage.

rightful finnish clay along with murmansk and karelia

Your ancestors are literally all kinds of criminal scum

Murmansk is rightful Nerwegian clay.
Don't be so agressive, you are a civilized progressive tolerant European after all.

jealous Swarthgol

You wouldn't like it if Uzbeks and Chechens became a majority in your shitty oblasts, would you?

I passed Sortavala a couple of years back, it kinda made me sad to see all the early 20th century finnish buildings in the state of neglect they were in. It looked like an average run of the mill commie town for the most part, but those old buildings reminded you how things could have been if history took a slightly different turn. Nature's pretty nice tho.

murmansk is finnish
onega is finnish
karelia is finnish

They are already majority here. Actually chechens are not so bad as I had thought, hm, at least some of them, yesterday I met one in the local GYM and he is turned out to be a pretty cheerful guy.

defend your uralic brothers you altaic dog

it's all swedish

whouda thought that racial stereotypes from Sup Forums aren't actually real

leningrad rightful finnish clay

You should be greateful that Russia granted you independence in 1917, you have absolutely no right to have any territorial claims whatsoever

My family is from one of the islands off the coast
I can still see the family farm on Google maps, taken over by strangers decades ago and now probably abandoned.

Based Türkiye
t. Cai-Göran

finns deserve the right for everything you faggot
9th november worst day wish allies didn't liberate you

Karelia is not just the republic, idiot

But this thread is about the republic, anyways is right I made a mistake

This. Could be like Estonia now.

Psst! Hey! I heard you want some unity...

Thanks bae

Rurik was Finnish.

Memes aside. In our school we have learned that he was danish BUT i believe the question of his origin is a VERY disputable.

Remains of old stone foundations sticking from the undergrowth was a pretty common sight during that trip, russians don't seem to be doing much with their gained clay. At least they kept the most of the old place names out there, unlike they did in east Prussia.

Jesus was finnish too

It used to be a beautiful place. A safehaben for Finnish and Karelian culture, lots of it had survived from medieval age abd beyond. A city called "Viipuri" in Karelian Isthmus was called "the Paris of Finland"
Then communism happened and now it's a shithole

They think he's Danish because some Danish dude had the same name but there's no proof that Danish Hrörik even left Denmark.

And by some magical reasons major part of the karelian culture (such as kalevala, for example) has been saved exactly on the Soviet part of it.
Makes you think.

Some guys were orienteering a few weeks ago and accidentally ran across the border there. Nothing happened.

White Sea Karelia was where Karelians could go chill without R*ssians and Sw*des fagging things up. It only survived until the late 19th century there.

And on the finnish side there was more russians, of course.
Mate, i know you don't like us but stop being so ridiculous.

What are you trying to say retard?
R*ssians assimilate Finnic people while Sw*des strip us of our culture and make us their pets.

Kalevala survived in White Sea Karelia strictly because R*ssian influence was minimal and Sw*dish non-existent.

he actually was a bastard son of maria and a finnish amber tradesman

It was mostly Swedes who erased our history, identity and culture. Without Russians protecting Karelians from Swedish imperialism Kalevala would've never existed.

Fuck off with your Russomania. There's barely any pureblooded Viena Karelians left and you're still defending this genocidal assimilation.

>Actually chechens are not so bad as I had thought, hm, at least some of them, yesterday I met one in the local GYM and he is turned out to be a pretty cheerful guy.

they are really chill and even bro-tier, the problem is when they are in group

>R*ssians assimilate Finnic
>R*ssian influence was minimal
Assimilation with minimal influence.. Sound logically legit.
I think we can over with that talk right here. You're talking about hatred, not about the subject and that's why you're writing bullshit.

Both Russians and Swedes are shit, but assimilation in my mind isn't as horrible as what Swedes did to Finns, turning us into a hollow people via robbing us of our heritage.

R*ssian influence in the White Sea Karelia was minimal until Soviet times.

And if I had to choose between assimilating to Russia or Sweden, I'd pick Russia, simply because that way their subversion won't pay off in the end but backfire on them.

My God... everything Russians touch turns into shit.

>Everything Brazilians touch turns to SOPA

Rude :c

Memes aside, apart from the lands unrightfully stolen after the Winter War and WW2, Finland doesn't have a legitimate claim to russian Karelia.

Finns thought otherwise in the 20s

In Finnish there's a verb that means "to screw up", "ryssiä". Which is literally "to Russian"

On what basis?
As far as I remember russian karelia wasn't part of the Grand Duchy of Finland in Empire times.

It was a period of tribal mania and violently anti-Communist movements.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimosodat

before Soviet "rearrangements", the oblasts around Finland and "Leningrad" spoke dialects of Finnish and Estonian at home and Russian was just the official city language.

SPb was part of Viipurin Lääni during Swedish Empire. Karelian Isthmus was part of Grand duchy as well as Laatokka's Karelia. Inkerinmaa wanted to join Finland after the communist revolution in Russia.

All Finns from former Finnish lands were evacuated in -44.

We liberated drove Russian army out Finland in the War for Freedom. Thank Germany for training the Jägers it was the reason why Finland gained independence under Russian regime.

Estonia got independence same time too, mr. Dumbo.

Russians killed all Finns from Russia.

das rite survival of the fittest, Mongol

Sweden has more claim to Finland than Finland does, prove me wrong.

Russians killed Finns. You just have a problem with the western poems because you don't know them.

All these territories refer to a tiny area around today's SPB that actually belonged either to the Swedish Empire or the Russian one. Most of Karelia has never been under Finnish control

Big talk from someone living off the German people as a leech

didnt finns also kill russians?

Muscovite's have had it for a very short time and they don't have any roots there, all the place names are foreign to them.

No need to thank us but it was self defence anyway.

Yeah, Russians are genocidal tribesmen

when you allied with nazis and invaded russia?

Vyborg has been under Russian control for more than 280 years

Didn't Russia invade Finland tho

Nope. 73.

yes, during winter war.
then it ended, ww2 began, finns allied with germany and invaded russia

10 000 years under Finland.

What's wrong? Are you a land stealing people killing Commie?

You have to go back, Volga-"German".

Yes

WW2 started 1939 when Russians were allied with the Nazis. Check out Molotov-Ribbentrop.

Russians wanted to steal from Finns because they are lazy and don't want to work so they attacked. Russians are still lazy no good workers.

finland aided nazis in their siege of stalingrad where millions if civilians died. a dark page in finnish history indeed

Sorry but Finland as a sovereign state did not exist back in the days, it was part of Russia

meant for

It was self-defense against Slavic mongrels and if Mannerheim wasn't so gay we probably would have let all SPburgers die.

winter war and ww2 are two different wars
it was indeed illegitimate of russia to attack finland in winter war, but that doesn't justify finland allying with nazis and attacking russia

are you proud of letting civilians die?

We were liberating them under Communist rule, Commie Iwan. Russians would have been much better off in Finland than in Communist-Russia. Everything is better in Finland compared to Russia. Russians were also going to attack Finland and kill all Finns. They needed to be stpped at all costs. American help would have been brilliant but they didn't want to help democratic countries like Finland but instead helped murderous regime like Communist Russia.

USA helped Communist Russia attack a democratic Finland and nobody seems to be getting any butthurt from it. Finland was a force of good and has always been. Russia is the Evil Empire.

I do not think anyone could be proud of such actions.

you were allied with nazis.
hitler didn't want to liberate russians, he wanted to genocide them