The republic uses an army of slaves

>The republic uses an army of slaves
>They are the "good guys"

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Speciecide
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>good guys
What movie have you been watching? Separatists were the good guys all along. That's literally the only fucking point of the prequels.

Was George trying to say the CSA were the good guys too?

>CIS scum were the good guys

wtf I love the prequels now

Spoken like a true traitor.

>Jedi kidnap children at a young age based on some hokey pseudoscience scan and then indoctrinate them in a religious cult
>most of the time is spent turning them into child soldiers so they can send them off to battlefields by the time they're 14
>they attempt to undermine the parliament and assassinate the president when they find out he's a member of a different religion

>these are the "good guys"

Jedi = ISIS, """"moderates"""", """""opposition""""
Sheev = Based Assad

Sith was a religion of peace and the Jedi wiped them out.

>Sith Lord plays both side to create a massive galactic wide war that will cause untold deaths and suffering
>Creates slave army
>Politically conives to become authoritarian ruler
>Genocides Jedi including younglings
>Somehow edgelord think these are the good guys

The Republic turned a blind eye to Jabba the Hutt controlling a whole planet that allowed slavery and black market racing

>a whole planet
Try a whole sector of space, you gimboid.

So did the empire.

Perfection doesnt exist. Especially when you are arbitrating over literally an entire galaxy.

>mixing Syria and Star Wars

Daring synthesis, I like it.

The Hutt home planet is a toxic waste dump because they're literal retard slug men.

Wow that's a lot of autism in one post

Jedi were clearly the UN. Doing absolutely nothing all the time, no matter what or where. Sheev is USA/Bush administration reducing civil liberties because "muh war on terrorism". Clone Wars are the middle eastern wars (still active), manufactured wars with no real enemy.

>So did the empire

Jabba was hiding in the middle of the desert like a scared rat and no pod racing was happening my nig nog by the time of ROTJ

so who is Saudi Arabia and israel then?

Jar Jar is Saudi Arabia

We all know who Israel was.

Was Jabba the head hutt in charge? Nar Shaddaa is like constant gambling, slavery, etc. Han's probably been there a lot.

Jar jar is clearly a metaphor for the international refugee crisis.

what movie were you watching? the point is that there were no sides, just an illusion necessary for a despot to rise.

Literally the whole point he sequels was to show how shitty and stagnant both the Republic and the Jedi Order had become and needed a new beginning.

Shit, even the ORIGINAL Trilogy showed how the Jedi were not as good as Obi says.

>Man lies to kid about his father's fate
>Senile green alien sends said kid to kill his father, also withholding that information

>beam swords that can cut through virtually anything
>give them to blindfolded kids and have them swing them around 3 feet form each other

>no podracing
Source

>hiding in the middle of the desert
Did you watch ANH, Tatooine was the same shit hole, if not worse under Empirial authority. Jabba has always been in the fucking desert in the Outer Rim. There's a reason the Outer Rim territories are filled with gangster n shit, they lie furthest from the center of the Galaxy. It's like the wild west and was thematically always meant to evoke that since ANH.

>mfw watching CGI clones fighting CGI droids
BRAVO LUCAS

Also, what's so evil about the galactic empire? And don't point to the destruction of Alderaan, because that happened AFTER the rebels started a civil war. First blood was already spilled. We are given no information about what life in the empire as a common man was like.

Presumably it wasn't so bad, considering Luke originally wanted to go the imperial academy and become a pilot for the empire.

This. The prequels set up some grey areas that are more realistic. Sure the Jedi and the Republic are preferable but we see that they fell because even they are not without their short comings and the reactionary upheavals of political expediency. Despite the crappy acting and other issues with the prequels, George set up a pretty nifty political drama. Read some Republic, Plato points out how republics go through cycles of stagnation and what not.

>don't point to the destruction of Alderaan
That's a legit point though. You blow up an entire planet with species that might not exists elsewhere in the universe because some rebels come from there. From what the movies and EU show, the political elite only inhabited small parts of the planet.

Also the Empire had a mass genocide on non human species.

And for all the typical BS from people who defend authoritarian regimes under the argument that they are more organized and better at curbing lawlessness, we see in the first act of ANH, that tatooine is still a treasure trove of outlaws. We know that people like Han are still smuggling and we see the Empire conspiring with outlaw Bounty Hunters.

>That's a legit point though.
Not in the context I'm referring to. The galactic civil war was underway before Alderaan was destroyed. So you can't point to Alderaan as a reason for the civil war. It might have helped ESCALATE the problem, but it didn't start it, because chronology is a thing.

Again, Luke seemed pretty content with the idea of going to the imperial academy and joining the imperial armed forces. I doubt they were that bad for the common man.

>mass genocide on non human species

I see nothing wrong with this.

What do you discern as human when it comes to near-humans and most humanoids? Chiss are just blue humans, while your Sullustians are the ugliest things.

The ones with human DNA

I didn't point to Alderaan as the reason for the war. It is a war crime though. If the rebels had done it instead, you'd be using it as an example of how bad the rebel were.

>luke
You mean a moisture farmer who lives in the outskirts of a bumfuck nowhere planet in the outer rim? How many teenagers have I know that wanted to join the military for whimsical ideas of adventure and glory.

They're set to stun, mental midget.

>I didn't point to Alderaan as the reason for the war. It is a war crime though. If the rebels had done it instead, you'd be using it as an example of how bad the rebel were.
That still doesn't explain why so many people decided to rebel against the empire before this event. This is what I've been asking. We don't actually see what's so evil about the empire that caused everyone to rebel.

>How many teenagers have I know that wanted to join the military for whimsical ideas of adventure and glory.
Presumably your military also isn't a bunch of cartoon villains like the imperial forces allegedly are. The fact that an idelaistic farmboy would want to join the imperial forces in my mind indicates that they're not so bad.

>genocide on non humans
Cite your canon sources please

>That still doesn't explain why so many people decided to rebel against the empire before this event.
That's all explained in the prequels. The foundations of the rebels was set off in the prequels. In deleted scenes, this is expanded upon more. There was a small group of powerful people who foresaw the power consolidation of the Emperor and built up a rebellion in order to fight back against a Tyrant.

>we don't see what's so evil
Besides the things I pointed out? But I can half agree that the OT doesn't do a good job showing what makes the Empire bad except of course the Death Star and Alderaan. That's supposed to be enough for the audience at the time.

>The fact that an idelaistic farmboy
When we first meet Luke, he's not very idealistic. He's just a simple farm boy who likes dicking around in T-16s which seems to be his motivation in wanting to become a pilot and also to escape his boring farm life.

Before the prequels I always figured the "clone wars" referred to like a sort of evil clone army. That would have made too much sense for Lucas though.

But the prequels era is like the one time in Star Wars outside of the Old Republic era where the Jedi actually do things. They basically took over the war.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Speciecide

Also very notable in the OT how the rebel alliance is distinctly more diverse than the Empire which to my memory has no Aliens.

Knowing George, that may have been his initial intention before he rewrote everything multiple times.

I don't remember any aliens in either side in Star Wars. The aliens were all just backwater pieces of shit on Luke's home planet who were apolitical.

Honestly, there was no way anyone could've fleshed out a concept like "the clone wars" without it being fucking retarded as hell. I can't think of any cool way to make something fit

>blade runner type replicant clones form an army
>fight against the powers that hold them down
wahlah movie made

I think everyone thought that initially before the prequels

Sounds like a saturday morning cartoon plot.

That's why they put a lot of aliens into Jedi, to make the diversity seem more pronounced. Still, it seems most of the galaxy is human.

You need to rewatch the OT then. Not only is Yoda and Chewy obvious non humans on the rebel side, but you have Admiral "Alluha" Akbar, the Mon Calamari in general, Nien Nunb. I'm sure there were more background characters.

well I didn't pen the whole fucking screenplay for ya breh
just saying there is easily a story there for a clone army gone rogue that the 'good' guys have to fight

You're really boring. I can think of three better ideas (that are still shit) right now.

1) Padawan Jedi are cloned and raised by Sheev, resulting in gay fights across the Galaxy

2) Clone army fleet appears from the outer rim and occupies Coruscant, the Jedi have to fight their way out but feel morally conflicted about killing sentient beings being compelled genetically to act under orders

3) Senators being kidnapped then cloned and replaced, voting in ways to amass power for Dooku; Detective Kenobi gets on the case and finds one of the kidnapped Senators in the Corporate Sector (think Foreign Correspondent)

Honestly I should write these movies, but Disney is too fake to take even my uninspired but fun ideas.

>yoda
>on the rebels side
Thanks for all the help from your shitty swamp planet Yoda.

>resulting in gay fights across the Galaxy
? waht

I said in Star Wars, you retard. Not Return of the Jedi.

In Star Wars, both the empire and the rebellion were 100% human. Or I guess at the end the rebellion is 99.9999% human, because Chewie helps out. Other than that, all the aliens were just a bunch of niggers hanging out in the space cantina and/or stealing droid parts

fine...
I never said my idea was perfect I was just saying that a clone wars movie could easily have been done differently to the first poster who said nay... he more boring than me broseph

Think tight young padpussy and lightsabers set to stun ; ^ )

>99
The Phantom Menace was released in 1999

>The Pantscum Manass[3] came out later that year

Huh.

Shit meme, go cuck yourself.

Ignoring the fact that is completely right, it's still a well meaning too big to fail system of united governing bodies prone to corruption vs a group of dissenting rich people who wanted the corruption to stay in their favor.