This thread again

This thread again.
Which and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_the_Beatles
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

George. While he wrote the least songs with The Beatles, they're almost all great, and his solo stuff is amazing. I'm willing to argue that All Things Must Pass is better than every Beatles album

/thread

He's right ya know

ringo because he used to be in a gang in the late 50's and sewed razor blades into the insides of his collars so if anyone grabbed him they'd be cut up

Best
Because he be best

George easily had the highest peak of their careers post Beatles (All Things Must Pass, Concert for Bangladesh, Living in the Material World) but John probably has the most solo music I like out of all four. The only album of his I don’t like at all is Some Time in New York City.
While in the Beatles it’s harder to say which one was best. Paul was the driving force behind most of their later albums so I’m inclined to pick him.

john was a pedo, ringo was a pedo, george was a pedo, faul was gay.

I have a good theory...
Chad cheated on Hayley with Taylor Swift
Hayley was depressed during 2015, maybe after the Alternative Press awards, in that whole time she never said anything in social media or appeared with Chad, also, she never get back and talk about her cameo in Bad Blood and never said anything related with Taylor Swift after that, besides in the same time Hayley was depressed in the same time Taylor Swift broke up with Calvin Harris.

Source?

Correct

Paul is dead.

Paul McCartney.

Not only is he the best songwriter of them, he is also the most proficient multi-instrumentalist. His songs with the Beatles show the most range from tin pan alley showtunes, to folky acoustic ballads, to noise rock proto metal His solo career (from 1970-1980) stands as being by far the strongest of the 4 (even at times eclipsing Beatles stuff).

He also introduced the other Beatles to avant garde, soundscape, and electronic experimentation.

He's also a better singer/frontman than John, a better guitarist than George, and a better drummer than Ringo.

Incredible, every part of what you just said was wrong

decent bait

George is the best. He's also the coolest and most alpha.

Incredible how you cant refute a single sentence of it.
Fishing for plebs

Incredible how much you suck dick

Not an argument.

first post greatest post ever

Beep beep yeah

Still not an argument, but you'll notice how I never hinted at Paul being the best lyricist (not that any of them were that strong of lyricists to begin with).

>Sup Forums has now completely reverted back to middleschooler opinions after all of the hard work showing them exactly how inferior George's songwriting was to BOTH Lennon & McCartney
Jesus Christ.

Completely correct except for
>a better drummer than Ringo
This is fake news!

I actually love Ringo's drumming as well. One of the most tasteful drummers of all time.

Paul's drumming on McCartney and Band on the Run though...

> One of the most tasteful drummers of all time.
I'll settle for this, because my technical knowledge of drumming is little (read: nonexistent).
>Paul's drumming on McCartney and Band on the Run though...
It's pretty great. Honestly, I don't know why people pretend George was some misunderstood genius. If you put any one of his gimmick tracks up against what he's trying to emulate, you realize pretty quickly what an amateur he was in comparison.

he created every rock drum cliche

I think Keith Moon may have added more to the cliche than Ringo.

Yes. His chord progressions shaped the Beatles sound. All things must pass (the song) was rejected multiple times. Shame he didn’t have a voice. Any clue why they only let his indian stuff on the albuns?

>His chord progressions shaped the Beatles sound.
>George wrote John's and Paul's songs

lol gtfo

Love You To is the heaviest Beatles song.

>what is Helter Skelter?

I'm talking the standard 4/4 kick snare beat in pre rubber soul days
the simplicity and propelling momentum in the rhythm
that influenced moon and bonham and every rock band ever from ac/dc to MBV
if you ever tried playing drums within the last two decades the first beat you played was a ringo beat

yoko cause she more-or-less invented no-wave 10 years early

1963-1967 John Lennon
1967-1970 Paul McArtney
1970s George Harrison

Prove me wrong

>no wave would exist without rock n roll revival pioneered by British bands in the early 60s

Are you implying no one did a simple 4/4 pop beat before Ringo?

A pop band trying way too hard to "rawk" and sounding less heavy than the 'Stones did in 1965 (it's still a decent banger, though)

>A pop band trying way too hard to "rawk" and sounding less heavy than the 'Stones did in 1965
stop

>1970s
McCartney (9/10), Ram (10/10), Wild Life (9/10), Red Rose Speedway (7/10), Band On The Run (10/10), Venus and Mars (8/10), Wings at the Speed of Sound (7/10), Wings Over America (10/10), London Town (8/10), Back To The Egg (9/10)

vs.

All Things Must Pass (6/10)

venus and mars is 10/10 you skank

The Rolling Stones' best song is still worse than The Beatles' worst song.

George Harrison. Not even a contest.

Best Beatles songs, best solo career, wasn't a dickhead, he had it all.

It's okay, friend. You can accept that the Beatles weren't "the __________st band EVER!" and still enjoy them.

>Moonlight Mile is worse than Dr.Robert
Get the hell outta here

I deduct major points for production value. All the songs from Venus and Mars that appear on Over more suitable were arranged so much more suitably.

>not even mentioning Living in the Material World

The 'Stones being bad is a boring, soyboy meme. They were really good in the 1960s, in no small part due to the Beatles inspiring them. I'd take pic related over "Sgt. Pepper" any day.

>All the songs from Venus and Mars that appear on Over more suitable were arranged so much more suitably.
fine. at least you gave Over America 10/10. best wings album

I deduct major points for production value. All of the songs from Venus and Mars that appear on Wings Over America were arranged so much more suitably.

Sorry, I just got home from work and I'm already plastered.

it's ok paulbro. enjoy your drink

It's okay to accept reality too.

it's Paul and you all know it

Well yeah, but we can't just suck off Paul every day. Today we throw George a bone

The Beatles were my favorite band growing up, and they're still in my top 5. In fact, I would say I've learned to appreciate them more for what they really were, rather than buying into the hype that they were the greatest, most talented musicians ever who literally invented everything. That's just marketing bullshit, and the Beatles themselves (with the possible exception of Paul) hated the myth.

John Lennon was the best beatle, and everyone knows this because everyone likes more John's songs than every other Beatle's songs

>His chord progressions shaped the Beatles sound.
Are you being serious? Do you even know what a chord progression is? Fucking LOL.

The Beatles are definitely the GOAT. Even if their myth was exaggerated 100 times over they're still the GOAT. It's just an objective fact.

>Best Beatles songs
[laugh track plays]

Paulfag here, we rip on John too much if anything. I thoroughly enjoy the beating meme though.

Wrong. Not a single John song cracks my top 10.

We rip on John out of love desu

How? I mean, honestly, how? John's songs are just too great for me.

Would you mind to share your top 10?

who /ringo/

They were talented pop songwriters who happened to perform their own songs. There are other musicians, then and now, who were more skilled, soulful or harder rocking, and that's okay. The Beatles are a lot of fun, and that's okay too.

Nah they were the best and I don't appreciate this sort of revisionist history regarding possibly the most well documented band ever.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_the_Beatles
Here's a wiki article just for their cultural influence. They weren't "just another fun pop band" or else we wouldn't be talking about them the way we do, every fucking day for our whole lives

music was definitely harder but jagger is business school preppy when compared to lennon

stropery felbs

>Nah they were the best and I don't appreciate this sort of revisionist history regarding possibly the most well documented band ever.
It's fine that you feel that way, but what is your objective definition of best? There were certainly, for example, more proficient musicians and/or performers than the Beatles. A significant part of the Beatles' appeal is their chemistry and image, which isn't musical merit.

I'm talking about the music, not necessarily the image or their actual personalities. And being heavier doesn't make music objectively better, it's just different.

John.
Because i like his songs more than the songs from paul and george.

>A significant part of the Beatles' appeal is their chemistry and image, which isn't musical merit.
Speak for yourself idiot

If you take those away, I very much doubt that the Beatles legacy would have been the same as it is today. I would say the reason that we're still talking about them the way we do is a combination of...
>accessible, catchy, well-crafted but simple music
>the image and "persona" of the band (which, to a large extent, grew naturally out of their early days as performers)
>the particular time and place they existed in
If you removed any one of these three, they wouldn't be the Beatles as we know them.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to stop replying to this inane conversation

THIS. And I always used to think 'wings' were just some silly meme before even listening to them properly.

This is the truest answer. All three of them were the best at different times.

>No order
And I Love Her
Every Little Thing (wrote by Paul, sung by John)
Yesterday
I've Just Seen a Face
Here There and Everywhere
For No One
Got To Get You Into My Life
The Fool On The Hill
It's All Too Much
You Never Give Me Your Money

My favorite John song is I Am The Walrus which would definitely land somewhere in my theoretical "top 15"

Yep, true. He's probably the greatest pop melodist of all time.

*blocks your path*

Agreed.

Paul McCartney and Brian Wilson were the most important songwriters in rock music