Being born without synesthesia

>Being born without synesthesia

for real. it makes me want to kill myself. imagine taking acid and having it.

it's not that cool honestly. It's more a pain for me. I have it with textures, where I can "see" the sounds in front of me as a texture. Music is more interesting, but I'm also overly sensitive to everyday things. Like certain sounds can just completely overwhelm or paralyze me cause the response is so intense

that sounds really enjoyable actually

Have you ever taken psychedelic drugs? What's that experience like

>Music is more interesting
Outweighs any cons

Take psychedelics and close your eyes. Its amazing the first few times but after a while the biggest flaw appears: you don't control what you see. Songs that sound beautiful may actually look disturbingly ugly. That being said, its still a wonderful experience, but I would find it torturous to have constant synesthesia.

No, it's hard to get here but I would love to try. Might get too intense though, that's what I'm afraid of. Seems like my brain is in a standard low dose lsd mode all the time anyway. Heard it might have something to do with low serotonin or something. I have tried weed though, but that just made me tired and made it harder to focus on the music. Maybe I didn't get the right strand

it's a hoax

Have you gone to the neurologist?

yeah, not for synesthesia though. i didn't even realize I had it back then. I see it more as a disorder with some advantages in certain areas. And I do believe everyone has at least a mild form of it. Where you say sounds are "warm" "bright' etc you're essentially connecting two senses there.

anyone here get asmr? that's a tactile sensation from sound. So practically synesthesia. And that seems to be pretty common if you see the youtube views. Don't know how many of those people just watch them to relax though, without the sensations

one time on some random French hairbrush and wood tapping video I got major tingles and goose bumps but everything since then has just been chasing the dragon

All of you are faggots

Just do some mushrooms.

>being born without absolute pitch and ultra-30khz hearing

It's not fair.

that's some gay shit right there

How do you know if you have it or not?

I remember listening to music some very blurry faint ideas of colors and what area and theme that song would fit in would be, never textures though.

why would anybody need to hear above 20k

if music makes you feel things with literally any sense other than hearing, you have it. emotions and ideas aren't physical sensations, everybody feels those to varying degrees when listening to music

So you can make ultra high def music that only you can listen to

It's not a neurological condition

Perhaps, usually when I sense some form of color its only in a very ambiguous minor form, and it only happens with some songs.

Like its always in songs that invoke heavy synth based sounds.

A few viper songs and some Ween songs usually can make me sense color but thats it.

it's not always a physical sensation though, more an automatic and consistent response to certain sounds/images or whatever. Like your brain goes from hearing a certain sound to experiencing a color, texture, tingle whatever, without you having to think about it

Most people i know that claim to be "synethetics" or whatever, are insufferable cunts, horrible musicians and have atrocious taste. It's like a new entry on the romanticized mental illness list of "i have depression, i'm bisexual and i want to kill myself". Follow your dreams and actually kys pls

But I agree it's easy to play the synesthesia card when you wanna feel like you're better at experiencing music while you're actually not talented. Doesn't make it less real though. Just look it up, it's not a made up thing

tfw ur autistic and people claim to be autistic to be more creative