Who is your favorite wizard, dear reader?

who is your favorite wizard, dear reader?
i like Ronnie "the bear" Weasel the most.

luna

Gandalf

Hardcastle McCormick

he's a real pot of coffee by day, bottle of wine by night kind of guy

This

Luna is #1 waifu and the only character worth a damn in this shit

HOWEVER

>not the wretched harmony

Ginny is my waifu

Neville. Always Neville.

Upfish Sinclair

why couldnt they find good actors for this show?

Luna Lovegood.

Also post the damn pasta already so I can leave.

The black guy

harry "fucking" potter, of course.
>you will never have a wine-out-of-nowhere spell and be drunk every day before noon

I don't have a favorite character from one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Right on time.

zoomacroom or monster mash.

I was waiting for this.

Despite seeing the list multiple times, seeing Great Gatsby at the top still infuriates me.

'Take that side' guy on the slytherin quidditch team

always

>"No!"
makes me kek every time

I love that the first sentence changes every time.

Because they picked them when they were 10 and the only criteria were matching the character's minimal descriptions and that they looked cute

c-cute!

>anybody?just

You don't always have that there do you

>waifuism trumps all
kys yourself
And the actress is aging like milk, so suck on that.

>hair left armpit
gross
also she doesn't take care of herself. she's got yellow teeth.
all a girl has to do is look good, and she even fails at that

They were actually assigned an essay on their characters before they were picked. Daniel wrote a two page heartfelt letter, Rupert forgot to turn his in, and Emma wrote a fifteen page essay. They were accepted because they captured their characters perfectly.

>he actually read it

the absolute madman

Used to be Luna, but now my dick is diamonds for Newt. Autistic moe boys are a rarity.

nah
that was for the third movie, for the new director

>Rupert forgot to turn his in

How can one man be so based?

Hermione

She's like a turbo-vegan, so her diet is probably making her skin, hair and teeth bad.

Yeah I've heard she only eats carrots

Myself

He actually is a really cool dude. I met him in LA when he was one his way back to England after attending some weird club opening/late birthday party(for him, that he had nothing to do with) in Vegas. He was super chill, funny and personable. He even waited around for a bit while my gf ran home to grab her Harry Potter movie collection for him to sign.

None
Not a fucking asshole faced redditor

Same. Almost gives it a Diamond Dogs sort of feel

y'all need to go watch Wizard People, Dear Reader. embarrassing.

The original image was made by quentin so

Probably Snape.

neville reminds me too much of myself

But Neville actually succeeded.

The problem with Snape is that he's not compelling at all in the books. He's just a miserable fuck that mistreats children because he never got over being bullied.

SNAPE SNAPE
SEVERUS SNAPE

Well, I watched the movies first, so I was always reading his lines with the voice Rickman provided. If I hadn't, my opinion would likely be different. Still, I like that he was a different aspect of the "good guys", acting like a blatant shithead, in love with the Dark Arts, being intimidating, etc. Additionally, he seemed to have a fascination with magic that Harry and co. didn't really have, at least not with the same intensity.

This. The sob story revealed when he was dying made him slightly more sympathetic but it doesn't stop him being being a massive cunt.

Rickman's performances certainly helped a lot. It also help that the movies cut out a lot of his dick moves.

>that time he totally disses harmony about that teeth growing hex

He was an exceptionally gifted wizard, but he was also a manchild. Rowling wrote him very one-dimensional because she didn't have the specifics of the whole series mapped out from the start. By the time the movies started she had the character figured out, so he was much more nuanced and realistic in the movies than the books. Snape being a tortured double-agent plays much more sympathetically and believably in the movies than the books. His amount of dickishness in the movies can easily be written off as deep cover acting, but he's 100x more dickish in the books. He outright calls students names and embarrasses struggling students in front of everyone for no reason.
Like this. It was something along the lines of saying he couldn't tell a difference between Hermione's usual buckteeth and her accidental 6" long rabbit teeth.

>It was something along the lines of saying he couldn't tell a difference between Hermione's usual buckteeth and her accidental 6" long rabbit teeth.
Based Snape BTFOs the author's self-insert.

This. I want to put it in Newt the cute's chute.

Snape was the hugest cuck in the history of literature. No wonder you faggots like him.

Like clockwork.

>tortured
>woe is me
>no one understands how special I am
>I'm the best person in the world
Harry is clearly her self-insert. He has all the surefire markings of a writer's self-insert.

Rowling literally admitted that Hermione is her self-insert.

Delicious

I heard he bought an ice cream truck and gave away free ice cream to kids because that was his first dream before becoming an actor.

Like Potter Pottery.

Self inserts are flagged by first person prospective, and/or same/similar names.

No!

harry "the fag" potter

user "the shit" poster

That's true. And apparently he still loads it up from time to time and gives out ice cream.
Fucking rekt m8. How will ever recover? Truly a bumming for the ages.
But is for sure retarded.

Albus "your boipussy wants more" Dumbledore

I miss this meme no matter how forced it was that month.

Are we to die in our beds Hagar??

>He's just a miserable fuck that mistreats children because he never got over being bullied.
That's what I like about him. His anger and misery makes him funny, unless you are a bullied faggot that project his bullies into him.

>unless you are a bullied faggot that project his bullies into him.
The fuck does that mean?

Roonil Wazlib