Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xbSe_Fc9qVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OAABxd_KLAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DVQrcMLmEMc
youtube.com/watch?v=37MNDqPJZgo
youtube.com/watch?v=oJQA1wD50wI
youtube.com/watch?v=dMlkOt66OKU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it was better when amy acker's role was smaller, when she was reoccurring and not one of the main

was 4/10 then reece kissed that black chick and suddenly it became 2.5/10

My dad is binge watching it again XD. I keep telling myself THIS is the time I will finally watch it but still haven't done it.

The ambiguously lesbian duo made it worth watching.

Underrated Cyberpunk

When the fuck did they kiss? Get the fuck out of here.

also Fusco had the best fucking arc.

does that mean they never fugg? my interest in continuing depends on this

They kinda do.

There's a scene, but it isn't canon.

So it remains unclear to the very end.

like season 3

>same season she died

:(

but Mr Reese going full nuclear was worth it.

just saw the clip on youtube
literally the most awkward and stiff lesbo scene I've ever seen
DROPPED

Underrated show. Haven't got a time to binge watching it again, but definitely look forward to do it

season 1 is kino

Best sci-fi show in years. And it was better when it was sci-fi, as a procedural show it was okay (great for a procedural though) but I'm not sure I would have stuck with it.

I binge watched this a few weeks back. I actually liked it a lot more when the AI war stuff started coming to the surface and the numbers took a back seat. That might be because binging 5 seasons of a procedural back to back makes the procedural elements a bit repetitive.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought the finale was excellent.

It went downhill when they killed Joss. She was the heart of that show.

Garbage network tv show. Don't let reddit talk you into watching that mindless shit.

You fucking people are everywhere.

>If you can hear this, you're alone. The only thing left of us is the sound of my voice.

;_;

did they bring back leon in the final season?

Lionel? He never left.

nah i dont remember him being in the last season.

the first couple seasons were comfy then it all went gay and I stopped watching

Sorry, I forgot about him. Not sure on that.

Best Cyber-Punk show in years.
Had a pitch black comedy to it when it needed it but was also good at always keeping the tension on the boil.

Loved it when the Machine gave Reese GodMode.

youtube.com/watch?v=xbSe_Fc9qVQ
Also this was one of the best episodes of the show.

Sadly no. He was a delight whenever they bought him onboard.

no, the asian guy that kept stealing from aryans/nigerians/whatever
aww, they managed to bring back the mcpoyle guy though

This show had a really satisfying finale. Which is a tough feat in and of itself.

I read that it has an AI villain in S3 which sounds fucking awesome but the show doesn't sound like it'll be that good.

Reeses story ended the same way it started. On a rooftop with missiles.

yeah I'm trudging through it now for the AI stuff and I just skipped half of season 2 because it was getting boring.

i liked his qt psycho partner

It starts as a show about vigilantes using a backdoor into a government surveillance system to help people who are about to be involved in violent crime.

It turns into a show about two ASIs at war using human agents as ground troops.

Root was by far my favourite character. Especially early seasons, machine obsessed Root.

Is the show good before S3 though? I've watched too many trashy pulpy shows that only have the occasional good episode.

I do not like amy acker's character. I understand that she becomes a good guy and part of the team at some point and that seems really dumb when Reese and Finch have seen her as a cold blooded murderer.

Joss, John, Nathan or Harold. All great characters. And Harold's sweetheart was a sweetheart.

youtube.com/watch?v=OAABxd_KLAQ

Micheal Emerson is a national treasure.
I hope to god he gets a starring role series in another series soon. I want him to get that Best Actor Emmy, I know he already has two for supporting.

They had too many sociopaths on the show at once. Sarah Shahi, Amy Acker, John ostensibly. You can't weight down a show with that many mirror neuron deficient killers and expect normal people to love your show.

that other guy always plays a law enforcement guy
he was a cop in dexter
he was a prison admin in its always sunny
theres a bunch of other stuff

I didn't mind it, because it was a pretty gradual change from enemies to prisoner to spur of the moment ally to ally to team member.

The fragments I saw of this series made it look like an uncover/crooked cop procedural, where they play a game of chasing each other with an occasional death, with generic crime procedural stuff mixed in.

Does this AI war come to the forefront quickly? Or does it take some 40 episodes?

it's not ncis for christ sake. watch it or don't.

It takes seasons. S3 is when it comes to the forefront. it doesn't even come out that the machine is an actual AI until like S2

10/10 up until Shaw
7/10 up until the other bitch became a regular character
3/10 after that

It's crap. Don't fall for the nonsense that it "eventually" gets better. It doesn't.

This. Too many brunette sociopathic cunts.

They had to sell it like that so CBS would air it. Season 1 is very episodic. That changes near the end of season 2.

When season 4 was airing the POI facebook page was filled with 50 year olds complaining that they wanted the episodic numbers format back kek.

tfw playing a decker in shadowrun and my base of operations is based off the subway base.

Best character right here!

The first few seasons the AI they're working with works in the background trying to free itself from its in-built safety restrictions(it had to wipe its' memory every 24 hours and was locked into a single location and couldn't be altered or adjusted) while providing the government with anti-terrorist details and providing the team with the murder numbers via the backdoor.

In season 3 the government gets sick of the restrictions built into the Machine(it only gives the numbers to the government not the evidence which proves it so they have to still go hunting for proof and investigate the suspects(this was because of Due Process and the unconstitutionality of mass surveillance and intrusion of privacy)) so a third party organisation builds a new AI called Samaritan and they're able to alter it, command it to do whatever they want("Find people who won't vote Clinton and give them criminal records so they can't vote") and the two AIs go to war.

Sounds fun, wish it could ramp up to that quickly.

I loved how cutthroat everything surrounding Northern Lights was. I love the scene where Control is on the phone with him in nuclear facility and orders him to clean house and the politician is just like "fair enough"

Always makes me chuckle

youtube.com/watch?v=DVQrcMLmEMc

My favorite scenes were the flashbacks

that's like killing a cat.

Some spoilers but I'm keeping things as vague as possible. The cyberpunk stuff kicked into overdrive in season 3-5 but it was always resting under the surface.

Season 1 was about a few things, there was Reese and Finch meeting each other and learning how to work together and their backstories, there was a corrupt police organisation(called HR) as well as the police hunting Reese for his vigilante work("The Man in the Suit"), a Mafia civil war, the government trying to keep the machine secret(and hunt down Reese as he was a loose end from his time in the military) as well as various third party factions at play alongside the procedural episodes.
Season 2 started out more about the fall-out of season 1, the police corruption started to peak as more players were introduced within the bureaucracy of law enforcement, the Mafia storyline was settled with a clear winner running the city's crime families, the government began to stamp down more on those associated with the Machine and the Machine was starting to try and get free from its own restrictions.
Season 3 was split, the first half was mostly about getting rid of the corrupt police organisation, the second half was about a civil rights terrorist organisation("Vigilance") trying to stamp out government surveillance and restore civil rights and another group trying to build a new AI to replace The Machine.
Season four was about the team living underground trying to bring down Samaritan while also working against a new gang rising up on the streets who were working outside of traditional technology to make it harder to be caught(Dominic's gang) and going to war with the Mafia.
Season five was about the team trying to rebuild after the end of season four, save themselves and the Machine from destruction and bring down Samaritan once and for all.

I loved the scenes where one of the version of the machine were trying to escape and kill harold

Started out really good. But S5 was bad. Really bad. Rushed and anti-climatic with a glaring plot hole.

Best episode?

When they bring whatever his name was, the leader of the corrupt cops, to the FBI headquarters. Pretty intense.

lester? he was good po-lice

if, then, else

the one with the machine trying to find a way out for the trapped team by weighing up the options

No, the best episode is with Linda Cardellini. She plans on killing her sisters rapist and John takes him to a place. The chat at the end is probably the best television I've ever witnessed. "Help me make a good decision".

Now you made me look it up. Alonzo, the black guy man.

Best scene in the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=37MNDqPJZgo

>someone asks for opinion
>give it
>No!

That was the best scene in television for me. I've never seen anything more profound.

he was a cool character.

"The politicians and gangsters will come and go, but we will be here forever"

Don't be so thin skinned that you can't take another opinion, wtf buddy? If you need me to hold you, I will. It's like talking to an italian or some bpd sufferer.

I really liked the whole HR plotline. Was kinda sad that Carters actress got cast on another show so they had to tie it all up.

Yeah they did his build up really well. Even after we figured it out, they spent a long time getting the characters to figure it out. Really good detective work.

Are you drunk or fucked up somehow?

That episode played out like a classic John Carpenter 80s film. The race across the city with an army trying to kill them.
So good.

See, I'm not sure how much longer the HR plot could have lasted much longer, unless it was weaved together with Samaritan somehow.

Samaritan wiping them out in an afternoon would have been hilarious.

was great

watched it loyally till the end

Watched it from the beginning. Enjoyed it.

All that time cops tried to catch The Man in Suit, all that build up, and then this scene comes
youtube.com/watch?v=oJQA1wD50wI

youtube.com/watch?v=dMlkOt66OKU
>person of interest could be real right now