TFA

Reminder that the majority of people truly believe that The Force Awakens was better than Rogue One and the prequels and the only people who think otherwise are EU fanboys and prequel fanboys. The normal person who knows how to analyze a movie agrees that The Force Awakens was good. Stop jerking off to little Ani and realize TFA is pure kino.

>Normal people
>Knowing how to analyse movies
Yeah no buddy

the prequels were worse movie than TFA

but TFA was the more insulting movie. It counted on enough people being retarded enough to not realize that half the shit in the movie doesnt make sense, is a rehash of ANH, or is poorly written to make a fuckload of cash before anyone could take the nostalgia goggles off

the prequels were pathetic in the same way a retarded kid who tried his heart out to paint a really bad painting and then gives it to you proud at what he did is pathetic

Wrong opinions general

The prequels were much more insulting

III>RO>TFA>I>II prove me wrong

it was a rehash of a movie made in the 70s and when you consider how amazingly bad the prequels are, I don't exactly blame them for playing it safe with their first movie.

If they do it again tho no mercy

Because it is better tho. It had characters I actually cared about, unlike Rogue One which the movie doesn't work unless you're emotionally invested in the characters.Yea the it was a blatant new hope clone, but Rogue One is literally nothing. Steal the plans to the Death star the movie, which I never knew how boring that would end up being.

Rey looks like some white trash moron squatting down like she's about to take a shit while wearing a diaper underneath her capris. God damn this looks so bad.

>Rogue 1 was better than TFA

Literally fedora: the opinion

>being this autistic

>It had characters I actually cared about

You're part of the problem.

Stop your fake nerd war you disney shill, your bullshit are equally useless souless cynical cashgrabs. Please leave Bob Iger employee.

Rogue one is the avatar of 2016

>It counted on enough people being retarded enough to not realize that half the shit in the movie doesnt make sense
That's because it's a first movie in a trilogy. There is more story to be told.
>is a rehash of ANH
That's exactly what they needed it to be. If it wasn't, normal people would have been upset that it wasn't Star Wars.
>or is poorly written to make a fuckload of cash before anyone could take the nostalgia goggles off
This is just incorrect.

This is correct

This is also correct

This is how most people feel, user. This is why The Force Awakens did so well. Unlike you, audiences were able to connect with the characters they saw on screen. This is because they have lives and you do not.

only people who think this are sjw's and nu-males

>>That's because it's a first movie in a trilogy. There is more story to be told.
>See, it was being bad on purpose!
>Every first part of every trilogy is just shit that makes no sense without the other 2 parts! Everyone knows that
>Pay no attention to every acclaimed trilogy in movie- or indeed fiction's history behind this curtain

I cannot. You have it perfectly.

III>TFA>I>RO>II
fix'd

I might move I up just one step on the simple merit of how nicely designed every location was and how much energy a lot of people put in to create iconic imagery like the two cities on Naboo (even if they looked more at home in Star Trek than Star Wars) But aside from that, it's pretty spot on.

>Disney employee is now literally telling us what is "correct" or not to say about his products...
Is Sup Forums (((fake news))) too?

> I above Rogue One

Seriously?

>it needed to be a rehash of ANH to be good and restore the franchise!! that's the only way!

or they could have written something new, original, and also good you fucking disney nigger

>TFA is bad because its a remake of a ANH therefore its bad

That doesn't make it bad, just shows that they wanted to play it extremely safe. Then they did R1 which was different, But it wasn't good. Had their been good writing with the character, no pointless cameos then I'd say it was better than TFA.

Point out at what point in that comment was it implied that TFA is bad because it's like ANH, instead of it being said that it's shit, on the simple merit of not a damn thing making any sense in it?

You don't just get to pretend like arguments are whatever you wish they were so you can attack them, when they're not that.
That's not how anything works unless you're 4 years old and you want to use another kid's bucket to build a sandcastle.

tfa isnt bad because it's like anh, anh is good.

tfa is shit because of it being shit and then on top of that not doing anything original

RO def has problems but it felt a lot less forced in comparison to TFA

You know what else helps the audience (not the dumb ones) connect with characters? Good acting and dialogue. Also if the movie is good.

>unironically using the "pretty much everyone liked it so that means it's good" argument

Honestly the only 2 moments that really bothered me in RO, were the cameos from the guy in the Cantina, and C-3PO/R2's duo.
They felt like they were only in there for the sake of being in there.
Beyond that, it was a decent if meh-ish movie. Kind of like a more action oriented Independence Day.

Rogue was way better than TFA.

wrong

tfa is an unoriginal, pandering mess of poorly developed characters, featuring a mary sue lead that cannot act and no one can relate to. it is a glib facsimile of a new hope. only rabid sjws and fanboys worship this shitty flick, so far from kino.

right

up

Nah, not really. TFA was way too safe, and it didn't do anything interesting at all. With Rogue One, the cast was at least interesting even though they weren't given much time to develop. The ending was also pretty refreshing, even if it may have been kind of predictable.

Technically "good" sure, but otherwise no.

This pretty much. I think that the prequels are more insulting in the sense that they're bad but at least they were sincere. Its the fact that TFA was a cynical corporate project that had every reason behind it to be better.

5 > 4 > 6 = R1 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

Kek'd

tbqh I didnt think they'd have the balls to kill off the entire main cast

"normal" people also think Skyrim is a great game.

"normal" people don't spend their time analyzing and critiquing movies online.

"normal" people are fucking plebs who don't give a shit as long as there's enough flashy lights and explosions to keep them satisfied during the one time they viewed the movie.

Calm down J.J, we know how hard you tried.

Neither did I, honestly. I just wish they (or at least the main girl) had died by Vader.

5>6>4>3>TFA>1>RO>2

This is a definitive fact.

lol

>tfw TFA invalidates the happy ending and final resolution at the end of ROTJ

Everything that happened in the OT feels fucking pointless now.

test

Episode III is fucking terrible, stop predending it belongs above any of the OT

switch ro and tfa and youre correct

>han and luke both run off like massive pussies when the first order shows up

what the fuck was the point of the OT if the heroes just turn into massive fags 10 years later

fuck jj and disney

objectively wrong opinion

I couldn't decide which ones were worse: Snyderfags or TFAgs
Thanks to this thread now i know.

>above any of the OT
>OT isnt even included

No it doesnt
The first order is a small group of extremists clinging to the memory of a fallen empire
Starkiller base was all they had in the way of weaponry, now theyre practically finished

I watched episode 3 right before I went and saw Rogue one a couple days ago and I don't know how anyone could think episode 3 is better. 3 is far and away the best of the original prequels but rogue kicks the shit out of it. It starts a little slow but once it gets going it's fucking great. Also, the force awakens is, and was always mediocre as fuck.

It goes 5>4>6=RO>3=TFA>2>1

I'm even more mad about the fact that Han and Leia's story arcs come to a close in the OT with them loving each other, presumably to get married and live happily ever after and all that feel-good stuff.

And then JJ has to fucking ruin it by having them go through a fucking divorce, their kid turns out to be an emo fuck-up, Han goes back to being a loser smuggler, and he gets killed by his emo son and discarded off the edge of a giant pit like a piece of garbage.

BRAVO JEWJEW. WOW, SURE WAS SATISFYING TO SEE ALL MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS AS OLD SACKS OF SHIT WHO GO THROUGH DIVORCE COURT AND THEN DIE

It's literally impossible to say whether that's true or not, because the movie gives precisely zero explanation on what the first order even is. Why they thought anything that happened in the resistance vs first order plot would connect with audiences when nobody knew a damn thing about either of them, I have no idea.

My question is why the force awakens is abbreviated with TFA while the prequels and sometimes the OT use the numerals? calling it VII looks better

>small group of extremists
>just as resourceful as empire

I think it's more to do with marketing. I always just call the movies what they were referred to in common parlance.

Nobody called the OT episode 4, 5, and 6. They said Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. They might say ANH if they need to specify.

When the prequels came out, everyone called them by their episode number. Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3. The actual subtitles were rarely ever used.

When TFA came, I don't really recall any of the advertisements focusing on calling it Episode 7. The main title used by everyone was always TFA.

the movie isnt called star wars episode vii if you hadnt noticed

Don't forget Leia literally ignoring Chewie after Han's death and going for a hug with Rey to comfort her (?!?!) and she knew her all of 5 minutes total time.

Or Rey literally weeping over Han yet she knew the guy for like less than a day.

Theyre not though. The empire controlled most of the galaxy, whereas the first order only have a small number of systems. They also had the brunt of their fleets on starkiller base too

6>5>4>2>1>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>don't know where RO fits in because I'm not falling for disney's bullshit again

This made me sad too
Rylo ren was a good villain though desu

Rogue One was just OK. Fuck all the Sup Forums babies thinking it's the best thing ever and taking that fat Disney cock deep up their asses.

>poorer and smaller than the empire
>build a weapon that is several times larger, far reaching, powerful, and technologically advanced than the empire

bravo jj

Being okay makes it better than over half the Star Wars films.

There are fan edits of Revenge of the Sith that are better than TFA.
Why the fuck did Leia hug Rey at the end?!?

>piggyback technology and plans for a much larger death star
>build an unoriginal weapon
>its brand NEW!
Yeah nah

Being an unoriginal idea totally explains why a ragtag group of backwater Empire LARPers were able to construct a planet-sized death star that shoots its doom lasers through hyperspace and can destroy 5 separate planets at the same time

BRAVO JEWJEW

It's not even about the First Order. I can believe that there would be remnants of the Galactic Empire after the battle of Endor, because it's a fucking empire that spanned across the entire galaxy, and of course it's going to have a lot of people who are sympathetic to it. Hell, I can even accept them reusing some of the designs for ships and armor, even if it doesn't make much sense for them to never improve on them much.

No, TFA's biggest sin is that it completely shits on everything our heroes went through in the OT.

>Han, who went from being a brash smuggler to a leading general in the rebellion, is now a smuggler again for no real reason
>Luke, who went through all of that shit to become a Jedi and redeem Vader, is now a coward who runs away when things go wrong
>Leia and Han, who confessed their love for each other after all the shit they went through, are now divorced

We should have gotten a Han and Leia who were still deeply in love with each other despite their son turning to the dark side, because they had already gone through so much to be together in the OT. We should have gotten a badass Jedi master Luke who takes on the First Order himself instead of pussying out and hiding in another star system without so much as telling his own sister (His only blood relative, BTW) where he went. It's like a fucking joke: Take these characters whom people have loved for generations, turn them into the complete opposite of what they are at the end of ROTJ, and see how many idiots eat it up because "DUDE WE GOT THE ORIGINAL CAST BACK LMAO XD"

Instead, we get ANOTHER fucking Death Star and MaRey Sue defeating Kylo Ren through the power of feminism, because who cares about character development and story when you can sell more toys, am I right?

its nothing like a fucking death star except it shoots a fuckhuge laser and is big

are you retarded?

>It's nothing like the Death Star except for the fact that it's the Death Star

ok

Exactly. TFA took a massive dump on the OT. It's like JJ was so adamant about copying the original Star Wars down to the letter, that he had to shoehorn in a reset button that caused everything to fall back to where it was before anything in the OT took place

I'm ok with this.
5>4>R1>6=7>rest would be my personal opinion though.

>normal person
>who knows how to analyze a movie

standalone structure built in space, basically a big spaceship

VS

hollowing a sizable chunk of a WHOLE PLANET (death star is only as big as a small moon, maybe) and embedding a massive laser and laser shit in this massive hollowed out part

gets laser power from kyber crystal sciencey stuff

VS

gets laser power from "siphoning" off solar power from a star (more technologically advanced)

has limited range with laser, has to move around to targets to hit them, can only shoot in a straight line

VS

can target several planets a distance apart with 5 separate beams simultaneously

Wow, at last I truly see. Starkiller Base(TM) truly is a unique and interesting addition to the Star Wars Cinematic Universe

>Giant ball in space that fires a super-laser that destroys planets

It's a fucking Death Star. Sorry if you're too autistic to admit it, though.

youre both retarded, it's a bigger huger death star that the first order should not have been able to build if they are fringe terrorists if the empire that spanned the whole fucking galaxy could only make something much shittier in less time

tfa is a fucking joke and nothing in it makes sense

>you're retarded
>proceeds to state the same opinion as the people he's calling retarded

What did you mean by this? We all agree that the starkiller base was a fucking retarded deathstar knockoff (BUT BIGGER AND BETTER!!!) that made absolutely no sense for the first order to have.

no, the guy i was initially responding to was defending it. youre the one that thought this post was me defending tfa and star killer for being original when i really think its retarded

>we all agree
no they dont thats the problem

So it's the death star.

>We should have gotten a Han and Leia who were still deeply in love with each other despite their son turning to the dark side, because they had already gone through so much to be together in the OT. We should have gotten a badass Jedi master Luke who takes on the First Order himself instead of pussying out and hiding in another star system without so much as telling his own sister (His only blood relative, BTW) where he went. It's like a fucking joke: Take these characters whom people have loved for generations, turn them into the complete opposite of what they are at the end of ROTJ, and see how many idiots eat it up because "DUDE WE GOT THE ORIGINAL CAST BACK LMAO XD"
You, Sir, are the paradigmatic example of someone having a completely flawless and objective opinion.

Main force sensitive character on sand planet learns they are apart of a much larger world from mentor figure. Mentor figure guides main character along until ultimately sacrificing themself and saves main character. Fueled by this death main character helps destroy planet destroy. It's the plot of Ep4. Get over it.

It's the original Star Wars except without likable memorable characters, any proper buildup to the final confrontation against the superweapon, any character development, and horrible ADHD pacing

Are you me?

>majority of people
you mean the unwashed plebeian masses? who'd a thunk