Why not do 2 at the back?

why not do 2 at the back?

because only murriblobs would think of every match ending 6-9 and the likes as an improvement

>Not playing a 10-0-0 formation

i did your mum at the back m8

because it's not the 1930s anymore

Why not just get a player with an afro, cut it into a bowl shape and strengthen it with strong hair product, and put the ball on his head so he can run it to the goal?

Why not do 6 at the back?

Because any kind of "holding the ball" is forbidden by the rules

>why not play no centerbacks at all

Ever watch a soccer game? I have. They start off in their nice neat formations then after the first kick they off running around everywhere while the manager just sits on the sidelines with his hands on his head. It's just a bunch of manlets chasing a ball around, zero strategy and tactics compared to American sports.

Ever played a in a soccer game? The "plays" from American sports that you're thinking of are made up on the spot by sawker players, depending on the setup of the defense. While teams will have a playing style, and a set of instructions for each game, most of the decision-making in the game is up to the players. Shocking, I know, that players actually do the the thinking and don't have to be told where to run by a dude with a clipboard

>an American shitting on an American for not understanding Football

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this.

I'm sorry you were never picked to play football but NFL coaches are literally playing chess with giant black men as the pieces

nice b8 m8

>who is Fellaini

witslel is less prone to losing the ball

>literally playing chess with giant black men as the pieces

They're literally not. Unless chess consists of black men grappling each other while another runs to catch a ball thrown by a white man.

>the gridiron is like chess meme

Its so sad American's believe this shit. Chess you have to think many moves ahead. Footlong you have to choose between run or pass. If you choose run there isn't really more than 3 players that are likely to run the ball. If you choose pass there is 4 or 5 options to catch it. All the defence has to do is react to what they see infront of them and guess correctly.

If anything runpassball is like poker because you have to react to peoples tells and remember what they were and what action came after the tell

But nothing like chess

>the poor Europeans who get their game theory from kicking balls
Come back when you cavemen invent a sport with actual tactical complexity

>make a semi detailed post about why a sport isn't as tactical as people lie it is
>nurr hurrr ur sports has no tacticalzz

Damnit I know its late there for you but make some effort fella. I think you'll be ashamed of that post in the light of day.

American's don't have shame Abdul

>n-no you can't say that! our sport is like chess

I've literally never seen a more bitch nigga post in my life

Not person youre replying too but football is more complicated than that. The typical nfl playbook probably has maybe 400 different plays and for each game they'll have around 100 or more they know by heart. The quarterback ofc has to also be able to call out any changes if he sees an advantage on the spot and his teammates have to know exactly what he means. Lot more than just 'pass ball to this guy or guy #2 runs while fat nigger holds em off'.

You know he's baiting you, right?

You mean like 2 CBs and 2 wingbacks? Because that's arguably what a lot of teams already do.

Looks basically like Madrid when Marcelo/Carvajal are overlapping.

I know all this, I am a fan of the NFL and have been for a long time, but the chess stuff is just fucking bullshit and not needed to promote the sport. Yes there may be 400 plays but they still come down to pass or run.

i-i-it was bait I swear. Ok.

>every run play is exactly the same
>every pass play is exactly the same
whoa bro you should be an NFL coach

why not tho?

There isn't sufficient difference for the justification of it being chess is what I'm saying.

>inside forward

>giving the Yuros credit for not thinking far enough ahead to make a playbook
Soccer coaches should have playbook so. Imagine if chess players decided that there are too many different combinations of actions in a chess game so memorizing openings and gambits etc was pointless. We would be much worse off for that attitude.
This lazy attitude is endemic to soccer and it needs to be changed. There are many patterns of action in the game that could be analyzed and plays could be designed to exploit them. But AFIAK this sort of coaching is extremely rudimentary in soccer compared to basketball and American football.

>Two at the back

Analytic and scientific approachs exist in football, it's just that people aren't very aware of it and/or prefer the "gutsy", social drama or classic ways showed by TVs and pundits

>not shaping formation like a lighting bolt
Lightning is super fast, so a lightning bolt formation would be too.

this AF, even high school football in USA has a ton of different offensive systems. if a team is pass-happy, or read option, power I or hurry up, there are infinite variations they can do based on the personnel. the tactics in NFL football really dont compare to soccer strategy honestly

the best and most impressive plays in soccer are the ones with the entire team doing a nice one touch one touch chain of passes leading to a great finish or whatever. sadly most goals in soccer don't happen this way, it's usually a blooter, or just piss poor defense

most goals in soccer are pretty much due to a defender just being shit and staring at a guy dribbling the ball 2 ft away from him and being a pussy about it

or like 2 defenders will start to run at messi in the box. defender a gets fucking fooled by messi's skill, and instead of defender b coming from the other angle and cutting him off he just watches mesmerized as messi scores his 23618112 league goal

i like soccer a lot, honestly its my 2nd favorite sport, as world cup and champions league is pretty interesting to follow. but DESU the 2 leg competitions are ass, the away goals, the stupid schedualing, the fact that big games are often 0-1 turtlefests with both teams being conserative...there are just too many factors in soccer preventing it from being exiting

NFL is taking over asia, south america, europe peoples interest. people can't play NFL football literally because it costs too much to buy the pads and shit, soccer is cheap as fuck for 3rd world chavs

its autistic to argue sport vs sport but in terms of which one is tactically more complex, its not even close

In your own post you explained and examined tactics in football and you didn't even know it you moron.

The 'best' football is pretty passing and triangles? Well we'll just put more defenders behind the ball so you can't score goals, hence why not many goals are scored that way. What is the result of pretty passing? Usually more players committed to the attack to try and add an extra passing option against the extra defenders. What happens because of that? If the defensive team wins the ball they only need a couple of passes to get a shot on goal.

Other examples of tactics include pressing the ball high up the pitch. why is that good? Defenders can't pass as well as attackers can so tend to turn the ball over a lot in dangerous postions. What is the counter to that? Boot the ball long don't pass it.

Have some good headers of the ball? Well play the ball near the touchlines more to try and win corners and throws.

Just realised how hard I've been trolled, literally one of the highest selling sports vidya games of all time is based on the tactics of football.

four at the back is basically two at the back in offense

excuse the 4chanX diagram

You've never seen Pulis or Mourinho manage a game have you?

>four at the back is basically 9 at the back

I should rephrase that

4 at the back can be 2 at the back, it can also be 9 at the back

formations are more a guideline than anything else

Why not playing withtout defenders?

You win the game if you score more goals than the opponent

More attackers === More goals !

Read
Your error is that assuming that there is always an equal response the defense can counter the offense with. This is an incorrect assumption. Again, imagine if this mindset that all positions will always be equal in strength, the winner of each game would come down to only the individual brilliance of the chess player rather than that player's understanding of the game. Sound familiar?
>but pieces can be eliminated from the game in chess
See: packing score. Players can effectively be eliminated from soccer games but there's been very little analysis about how teams should do this published.

Goals are low brow

t. Never played a single game of Football Manager

>what is man marking
dude you obviously have no idea about the tactical nuances of soccer, just because you're not educated on the subject doesn't mean that said subject isn't a developed field of study

I 6-9'd your mother last night

American football and basketball also have man to man marking but somehow designed plays are central to those games. You and the Italian have a naive and primitive understanding of tactics and analysis. This is bigger than any one sport so don't give me that "but I've been playing all my life" manure. What I'm talking about is the future whether you understand what I mean or not.