What you want to win, what will win

>what you want to win, what will win
Best Picture: Moonlight, La La Land
Best Director: La La Land, La La Land
Best Actress: Amy Adams (Arrival), Natalie Portman (Jackie)
Best Actor: Dev Patel (Lion), Denzel Washington (Fences)
Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst (Midnight Special), Viola Davis (Fences)
Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali (Moonlight), Mahershala Ali (Moonlight)

Just watch. Every category with a minority in it will be won by said minority, except best director because it can literally only be LLL.

Best Picture: Hacksaw Ridge, moonlight

Portman won't win. No way are (((they))) giving (((her))) a second oscar, especially not for a second rate biopic.

Best Picture: Hacksaw Ridge
Best Director: Mel Gibson
Best Actress: Amy Adams (Arrival)
Best Actor: Casey Affleck (Manchester by the Sea)

I haven't seen Moonlight

Was La La Land really that good? I tried going today but it was sold out 20 minutes before the show.
I wouldnt be mad if Moonlight wins but I hope the crew is based enough to tell the Oscar Committee off for pushing this diversity quota shit and not encouraging creative, new ideas for storytelling and filmmaking because of economic profits.

Fucking kikes have ruined movies.

Best pic: Manchester-by-the-Sea, La La Land
Director: Jenkins, Jenkins
Actress: Portman, Hailee Steinfeld
Best Actor: Affleck, Affleck
Best supporting actress: Williams, Davis
Best supporting actor: Ali, Ali

>Was La La Land really that good?
I can't say I've seen a better feel good movie. You just walk out of the theatre feeling really content. It has a really cool way of weaving in and out of really deep emotional lows and really high emotional highs, which makes the happy(ish) ending that much more satisfying.

Anyway, the direction's top notch. None of the individual features (music, acting, lighting, writing, etc.) is outstanding by itself, but it all comes together perfectly, which is why I think it should get BD.

Best Pic: Rogue One

Actually scratch that, the lighting was pretty fantastic.
>that scene where stone is standing in a warmly lit room with a neon green light streaming in through the window, painting her pale skin Pepe green
she literally looked like that frog edit version of this pic

Rogue One will probably get best Visual effects.

Did you watch The Jungle Book?

No, I actually didn't. I expect Rogue One to get a nomination for effects at least.

Best Picture: La La Land, La La Land
Best Director: Damien Chazelle (La La Land), Damien Chazelle
Best Actress: Amy Adams (Arrival), Natalie Portman (Jackie)
Best Actor: John Goodman (10 Cloverfield Lane), Denzel Washington (Fences)
Best Supporting Actress: Kim Dickie (The Witch), Viola Davis (Fences)
Best Supporting Actor: Hugo Weaving (Hacksaw Ridge), Mahershala Ali (Moonlight)

The only Oscar frontrunners I've seen are La La Land, Arrival, and Moonlight - all three are very good but La La Land is the only one I fell in love with. Arrival is super unique but can feel a little dull at points; Moonlight has excellent performances and is a nice character study but it just felt a little too Oscarbaity for me - certainly worth watching, but not one I'll probably remember in a few years. La La Land just felt like a package deal - it looks great, sounds great, and I really connected with it. Hoping to see Manchester by the Sea and Fences by year's end.

I haven't seen any of these movies, but just from the synopsis alone I know La La Land will win.

It would be cool to see Shane Black get a nod for original screenplay for Nice Guys.

I'm marathoning the soundtrack at the moment and it's boring as hell and uninspired.

>Want/Will
Picture: Silence, La La Land
Director: Scorsese or Jenkins, Chazelle
Actress: Isabelle Huppert (Elle), ?
Actor: Casey Affleck (Manchester), ?
Supporting Actress: Michelle Williams (Manchester), Viola Davis (Fences)
Supporting Actor: Alden Ehrenreich (Hail Caeser), Mahershala Ali (Moonlight)

Family dragged me to LA LA Land. I enjoyed watching it but didn't find it that great. Yeah it had a great plot but the musical numbers just brought me out of it. Didn't really feel like they fit all that well. The weird "dream-esc" sequences also were weird. Especially the first one at the observatory.

You gotta watch the movie, man. It's not really a musical in the sense that the songs are the highlights of the film, they kind of support the visuals of whats going on narratively.

You kind of ruined the movie by listening to the soundtrack first.

Moonlight was bad.
so it will probably win