The mystery is gone

The mystery is gone.

Bury it.

>scenes like this are replaced with interracial breeding

YES and any star wars film outside of the originals, while you're about it.

so does the engineer there in the "cock" pit represent sperm in the sack?

hmm really makes me think

>the lore from the videogames and books is better than the movies Ridley has made

How sequels/reboots/etc destroyed the best movies

>Alien
Ruined.
>Blade Runner
Soon to be ruined.
>Terminator
Ruined.
>LotR
Ruined by Hobbit
>Star Wars
Ruined by prequels
>even fucking Harry Potter
Ruined.
>any early capeshit like first Batman or Spiderman movies
Ruined.
>Jurassic Park
Ruined.
>Mad Max
Saved.

LotR is literally unchanged with the Hobbit being shit

Forgot Indiana Jones and the plastic trash bags.

You could say the same about any of them if you just ignore the following movies. But still, if you say anything about a certain movie series, people will always associate with all of them. If you say you like LotR to a normie, the normie will first think of the shitfest of the Hobbit and roll his eyes.

Really alarming how Hollywood can't produce another enduring classic despite all the great writers and filmmakers in other countries. Beaurocracy is parasitic and stifling

fury road is garbage, kiddo.

Cause LoTRs real sophisticated cinephile shit, say prole

Does anyone even remember they made hobbit movies?

only china matters now.

Nice meme

The mystery never needed to be revealed in the first place. But I wanna see all the fucked up Xeno variants

It's proof they're going to die soon. (((Hollywood))) is out of ideas. I'd say it has 2 more decades in it, at most. Fewer and fewer people are bothering to see movies with online piracy and whatnot being increasingly easy and accessible.

Why the delayed reaction? Shits been out for years now.

Alien is such a waste of Giger's aesthetic.

Shitty "spoopy alien" dark corridor shlock.

At least Scorn looks interesting.

I don't know what it is, I've always found Alien fucking boring.

That's not dark seed II.

I sincerely want Star Wars to die.

This. I don't know what's worse, capeshit or star wars.

>Potter
There was nothing to ruin about Harry Potter. it's a kid's book and story. The plot has so many holes and contrived bullshit to it, it's fun to watch but nothing more.

>Star Wars
It was always a corny story with so many odd actions from weird characters. What made it enjoyable was Lucas being a cornball hack. They're taking a way too serious approach now. You'll never get
>High Ground
>From My Point of View
>Treason
>Sith are our spesh-shi-yality
>Anakin breaking my heart
ever again

Yup yuperee never wonder about it again goy remember that retarded Prometheus movie that's all it ever was

JUST FORGET ABOUT IT

>Blade Runner
>Soon to be ruined

Doubting Denis Villeneuve and Roger Deakins. C'mon man.

Star Wars is everything wrong with modern sci-fi movies.

Even the original trilogy bored the fuck out of me.

For a war among the stars, there really isn't much "war" outside of a few really short set pieces.

I will never understand the fervent fanboi cocksucking it receives.

There are so many more interesting sci-fi movies out there.

but why earth

why reboot a movie instead of explaining your bullshit in prometheus

Nice Meme

>Alien: something unfamiliar and disturbing
Disturbing BECAUSE unfamiliar. We fear what is beyond our comprehension. This was the whole appeal of Alien in the first place.

>spend three movies rationalizing and explaining what should never be rationalized and explained

Whatever happened to the simple power of suggestion and evocation?

Same with Star Wars. Knowing Vader's background has completely killed all his mystery and therefore iconic/mythical appeal to me.

It kills the purpose of the original works. All while being unable to create new things and move forward. We are stuck in nostalgia pandering, comfort when creation should be the opposite.

This is pure cancer.

>Alien
was ruined by Ali3n
>Blade Runner
wasn't good to begin with
>Terminator
yeah, i'll give you that one
>LotR
still fine, Hobbit is a separate story
>Star Wars
ruined by Disney. prequels were fun in their own way
>even fucking Harry Potter
you can't ruin a kids movie
>any early capeshit like first Batman or Spiderman movies
yeah, capeshit is fucked beyond saving at this point
>Jurassic Park
was probably the first movie to have a bajillion unnecessary sequels
>Mad Max
I'd say Fury Road improved the franchise.

>Hey ya missed, pal

I didnt read the spoilers.

What did I miss about this giant engineer telescope?

You forgot Robocop. First one shoulda been the last, although an argument could be made for 2.

Is "Precursor civilization that seeded/engineered all life in the galaxy" the laziest, most overused trope in all of sci-fi regardless of format, be it book, film etc.?

I feel like it is.

>The directors cut of Alien, the Alan Dean Foster novel and many of the original Alien concepts all pointed to the Derelict on LV436 being tens of thousands to millions of years old involving an ancient unknown intelligent race carrying the xenomorphs, also of unknown origin, and for unknown reasons it crash landed on LV426

>Prometheus/next alien film showing human looking albinos who lived near Earth and intentionally evolved humans and xenomorphs are made from humans being mixed with CGI black goo and the whole fucking crashed ship was literally just 10 to 20 years before the first Alien film took place

BRAVO RIDLEY YOU FUCKING SENILE HACK

It's definitely overdone, but the MOST overused? Nah, that prize has to go to 'humans meddled with science and now we paying for it'

Google Giger
His art is everything made out of dicks cunts and asses.
The alien original concept was a dick head fucking itself with a dick tail

>>Alien

Fincher ruined it long time ago

>>Blade Runner

Daily reminder that Villeneuve has zero (0) bad movies to his name and even the worst one is a 7/10. Feel free to argue this if you're contrarian or want to make a fool of yourself

>>Terminator

Agree.

>>LotR

Feels like different things but otherwise, yes

>>Star Wars
>Ruined by prequels

And Disney.

>>even fucking Harry Potter

The new movie had nothing to do HP and besides it was fun__

>>any early capeshit like first Batman or Spiderman movies

Not good to begin with

>>Jurassic Park

Ruined long time ago.

>>Mad Max

Meh

>Holly wood has 2 more decades.
2 more decades your funny....
Speaking as an insider, their time is already up, you just dont know it yet. Dont worry we will fix what you you did wrong since we are driven by profit not some fucking political message.

star wars would be more successful if it taught about the dangers of islamophobia by having muslim characters. There is a big petition from SciFi fans around the world to have star wars be more inclusive by featuring more women in positions of power and muslim characters.

>>Alien
>Ruined.
Actually if you simply disregard every single move except for Alien and Prometheus its still pretty ok.
>Muh AlienS
Aliens is literally the same movie with the only exception that the cat is replaced with a girl.

its like Hollywood is so creatively bankrupt that 90% of what it shits out every year are sequels, reboots, remakes, and recycled cliche

>trusting Villeneuve
him and Innaritu are the biggest pseuds in film atm

Why does Ridley Scott not understandd what made his own movies good? Is he George Lucas?

>tfw you once knew nothing about this alien race who was known to transport highly dangerous volatile bio weapons and occasionally succumed to them under unknown/mysterious circumstance. Their remains all that would be left to tell the tale of their fate to those who would find them.
>tfw now we know they're actually an alien race who made and transported volatile bio weapons and occasionally succumed to them under slightly more known circumstances. Their remains and a lone survivor all that would be left to tell the tale of their fate to those who would find them.

It hurts pals. So much has changed. :'((

It isn't, prometheus isn't canon.
>I'm so stuck in my stormblr horseshit I can' t post normally anymore
Yes, we know.

>Being a triggered cuck

What a disaster.

Where is the xenomorph that popped out from the Engineer?

>Being stuck in retardo mode
No wonder why Trump disowned you.

>ancient elephant like alien race found in ship infested with parasitic egg sacs
>big gay blue space faggots with meme space ooze that turns worms into scary worms and humans into autistic zombies xxDDD
Prometheus fags are the worst.

>tfw we live in a timeline where every single aspect of every single popular movie must be picked apart and spawn prequels, sequels and side-materials chronicling everything in minute detail so middle-aged autists can compete in trivia and feel like they unlocked the mysteries of the universe

I liked when Alien implied that out there in the darkness of space there are weird things just waiting to be discovered that don't necessarily make any sense at all to us (sort of how it is in Stanislaw Lem's works) and when we do stumble onto them the best we can do is leave it be and get the fuck out of there fast.

Turns out that one of the most myterious and insteresting bits about Alien, the space jockey, is a giant dude that btw is a part of a race that created us in their image. Whoopdeedoo.
And now Scott is spending like 3 movies poorly explaining why.

>Alien
Alien is fine, just ignore Alien 3, Resurrection and the badly done AvP movies.
>Blade Runner
Looks good.
>Terminator
Just stick to the first two films. Perfectly good even today. Ignore everything else.
>LotR
LotR is still good and the first hobbit movie was just fine. The rest of it was shit though. Ignore the hobbit, watch LotR and if you need the hobbit read it or watch the old cartoon hobbit movie which was pretty good actually.
>Star Wars
Origins are fine, just don't watch the special editions. Prequels aren't that bad, they're not good either. Just ignore them. Everything is fine. Awakens isn't all that bad either, just it's just as easy to ignore. Rogue One is very easy to ignore.
>Harry Potter
Yeah. Just read the books. Movies left massive chunks out of that shit and changed all sorts of things on top of that. Left only people that read the books able to follow anything, and they were pissed off anyways.
>Capeshit
I'm a pleb and enjoy the Marvel Disney stuff.
>Jurassic Park
Just watch the ones you enjoy and ignore the ones you don't. Pretty easy.
>Mad Max
Pretty amazing come back, no doubt.

I don't understand how the new reboots can impact your enjoyment of the old movies in the case of the Batman and Spider Man movies, compared to your other examples which are supposed to be the same story/world/universe as the older movies.