Tame Impala General

Tame Impala General.

Have you listened to Tame Impala yet, anons?

no

Who’s the most normie tier psych band right now? Tame impala or mgmt?

Mgmt is still good. Currents ruined tame impala.

>tame impala
baby's first psych pop album

Wouldn’t that be mgmt?

nah they're actually good and creative

they’re more commercially popular and mainstream and shitty than tame impala...

>tame impala
but some normie tear music still has value in some aspects. A lot of this type of music served as a stepping stone for me when I was introduced to Sup Forums and gave me an appreciation for the more underground music that Sup Forums tends to promote

>were commercially popular
>every normie hates them now "they never made a good album after OS"
>Tame Impala never reached highs like mgmt i.e. Siberian Breaks, Metanoia, Orphan of Fortune
>Tame Impala is way more popular with the art hoe/indie kids/pitchfork scene now

innerspeaker is better than congratulations by a lot

Some of their best tracks on there but also some of their worst.
>I dont really mind
>WWYMYM
>Bold Arrow
Its pretty much a Beatles cover album too. Very derivative.

have you never heard the beatles? apart from some production techniques and his voice innerspeaker sounds nothing like the beatles

Currents is their best album though.
And the best album of 2015

Listen to Revolver

Nigga are you for real?
I'm not even the dude you're replying too but innerspeaker sounds nothing like revolver.

The closest Beatles track I could compare the sound too is Rain, and even then it's hardly derivative, inspired sure, but they're easily different.

>The closest Beatles track I could compare the sound too is Rain,
and she said she said

It Feels Like We Only Go Backwards is a pretty good song.

I wasn't too interested in Tame Impala up until yesterday, mainly because I confused them with Neon Indian. I dislike Neon Indian because the first time I listened to Deadbeat Summer I was alone late at night and really high in my car and it freaked me the fuck out. I went through their three albums yesterday and I have to say they're pretty good for casual listening, the type of music you can put on in the background at low volume while you play video games.

Made me listen.

First two albums were fantastic but Currents is 90% garbage. Even the Tame Impala EP is better than Currents. I'm not really looking forward to whatever he puts out next.

Currents is reddit tier
Lonerism is THE best album, sorry mate.

Nah guys, Currents is their best album.
(and in my top 3).

Lonerism isn't too far behind, it's really good too.
But Currents is the best Pop album of this decade.

I prefer Lonerism.

I really think it takes the textural fetishes I have for neo-psychedelia and puts them in a blender with a knack for melodic Psych-Pop songwriting Brilliance. The kicker (and what puts it above most psych records ever imo) is the very personal emotion from Kevin’s lyrics and how they relate in such a broad way. It’s really the way that modern psychedelia should be done where as many other bands very much are posers, so to speak, like let’s say MGMT

currents is actually written by a tame impala cover band called LAME impala, opening for temples tonight

>IM SOOOO LONELYYYYY WAAHHHHHH
The album

I know that’s a green text, but it seems like you’re talking to youreself again user

dubs will confirm

Tame Impala

yes

Tame

i tamed more impalas