Mac's been popular since 2014, why did it take so long for all the clone bands to show up?

Mac's been popular since 2014, why did it take so long for all the clone bands to show up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Real talk, the clones are also interesting to listen to

popular here but normies have no idea who mac is lmao

this is MOT true I've been in the crowd at a Mac concert it's all college aged girls

you cannot be serious

As if we really needed another James Taylor. Oh wait, we don't.

Mu is a fuckng bubble of hipster garbage.

Normies still listen to like nirvana or shit.
Like mac is some old shit to us but your mom never heard of em.

a lot of art hoes listen to mac tho, and all of the shitty clones too

not all normies are art hoes dumbass, if you walked up to someone on the street and asked them if they have heard of mac demarco they would have no idea what the fuck you're talking about

Maybe if you're talking to boomers and 40 year olds, but no one gives a shit about them. Talk to any young teen/college aged person they'll probably know.

Nah, Mac Demarco is one of the most popular artists in the US and has been for a couple years now. His fanbase is under 28 college, alternative, indie, or tumblr kids. He's pretty much the poster boy for the '90's fashion revival as well.

He’s definitely the most popular contemporary “rockstar” right now

Among young people I should’ve add

that would probably be alex turner i think

Not alot of "young teen/college aged" people listen to mac demarco, they're probably more likely listening to stupid K-pop, Halsey, Logic, heck, even Portugal. The Man are more popular than mac, at least they have a song on the top 40 charts
>one of the most popular artists in the US
>last album didn't even crack top 20
there are literally dozens of artists that are way more popular than him

Does he even have any radio hits? If so, I haven't heard of them.

Lol fuck no, normies would probably recognize Julian casablancas, jack white, dave grohl or alex turner way more.

Mac is a fucking nobody on a grand scale

the MGMT guys would probably get more looks

because those clones need time to grow and become relevant

Of course I know it's popular with college aged girls, but that's just one demographic. The average person hasn't heard of Mac Demarco.

What I want to know is why did it become a meme to rag on him this past year? I can see why people might not like his style and the following around him is definitely trash but there's nothing overtly offensive about his musical output. He's repetitive sometimes, but he has a distinct style and he knows how to make a sweet pop melody. I'm not sure where all the ire comes from. The backlash reminds me of middleschoolers who rant about how much they hate Justin Bieber in the comment sections of GnR videos on YouTube.

Mac is popular with like hipster college kids and bougie music journalists.

To get normie popular he has to take over the whole of america and be topping the charts

The clone bands have been here since 2009, Mac was just the first to seriously break into new heights of fame.

>charts
>radio
lmao fuck off grandpa
youtube, spotify is where the action is

He definitely had a unique sound, using lofi techniques wasn't new but he elevated the genre and did something new with it. It's admirable

What clones? No names posted all thread

Mac is popular you’re delusional

Uh that YouTube band who ripped off his another one video

Until there are whole soccer stadiums chanting his songs he aint shit

youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

>also interesting

but dememeco and his clones make incredibly boring music user

Nobody listens to the radio. Yeah, fallout boy is really IN right now- gtfo.

t. I don't live in a college town and have never seen anyone under 30 in my city

"the radio" now generally has come to mean what has the best overall numbers, ie the billboard.
and despite what you think people do listen to radio. it's not huge but it's there

yeah middle aged fucks in rush hour traffic, country listening hicks, and soccer moms driving kids to school are the ones still bumpin radio

Mac is like second tier mainstream. He's slightly above tumblr core but below top 40.

nigga i'm not kidding every single person i went to school with when i was in highschool knew mac, especially the ones like a year younger than me. literally everyone.

now i know you're delusional. average normies don't listen to julian or jackwhite.

the strokes and the white stripes were fucking huge you plebe

click on a mac video on youtube. Check out your recommended list