Star Wars Episode VIII

What went wrong? Why does this look like an episode of Doctor Who, not Star Wars?

m.imgur.com/a/nf4ZW

Wait, this is pic from new star wars?
What.......
Hahaha

All this fuss over this and it will likely be in the background for like half a second while the main characters are running through.

tfa also looked like shit.

I just can't put my finger on it, why does everything from costume design, set decision, ship design and the overall aesthetic of the film feel so...off?

it looks more like the prequels than the OT or TFA

i don't know. rogue one looks like star wars. guess it's just a personal choice on the director's part

More out of place Asians as Disney got buttblasted publicly about not having enough in TFA

It looks like sailer moon gook shit. Sup Forums will be all over this.

Trust in based Rian

and in the end it was shit. star wars is cucked

There's that lefty buzzword again

Everything looks like shit this early in production

Triggered?

Silence, you dumb jew

I've been around for long enough to know that 90% of the time if it looks shit early on in the production, it will look shit in the final product.

Almost entirely sure they made these stills for the sole purpose of making people think it's not all going to be CG.

Same reason we got the upside-down Stormtrooper in the VII promotional stills.
>look! It's practical effects! No VFX guy is crazy enough to put someone upside-down!

>Tfw we'll never ever get classics back like Wolf Man and Literally The Devil
It hurts bros :'(((((

this literally is doctor who

Anakin helps overthrow a democratic government and rants about ruling his new empire, and also previously casually talked about how great dictatorships are. I think it's probably okay to call him a facist lmao

user, you can't fix bad props in post-production. Not unless you cut them out and overlay CGI in to replace them, but that's a whole separate can of worms.

That chase from Episode II was SOOOO bad, like. WTF like O.M.G. xoxo

>lmao

wow, fuck off normie. You don't belong here.

But everything looks shit in early production.

Also pic related. Sup Forums is a bad place for predictions. Especially from people who claim to be experts.

He came off more of an angsty teen, to be frank. Also I clapped when palpatim flipped his evil switch and he went full babby murdrer. I clapped hard.

What's up with all these black suits in the leak pictures?
Is the entire movie based at a funeral or something?

>bad props
We literally have no idea what these props are for. If they will be cgi enhanced, if they are just background shit, if they won't even be visible to us, if they are even finished.

This is literally a case of Sup Forums crying "it's going to be shit!" without any just cause.

lol

They were kinda right though, the movie sucked and the plot was retarded.

why dont they do this on an ipad?

According to Sup Forums. According to normies, which is all that Disney cares about mind you, the movie was good and an incredible box office success. Sup Forums also said it was going to be a flop which was top tier wrongness.

Mostly everything is shit to Sup Forums, anyway.

God damn they need to get whoever made the sexy ship designs in the PT back cause some of these are horrible.

You act like Sup Forums is one person. You've also gone and forgotten the golden rule, so I'm going to go ahead and call you new.

How old are you?

Because you can't the ipad screens when viewing recorded footage due to the glare

Can you at least try to have an adult conversation? Sup Forums is not one person, but a community can have a majority opinion, a consensus if you will. It's pretty obvious that's what I meant. So can your
>y-you're underaged!
autism.

Why don't you go somewhere where normies gather and tell them how /tv was wrong instead of /tv?

>/tv
Hi tourist.

I jumped into this conversation to call you a retard, just so you know.

>a community can have a majority opinion
The only majority anything is a continual desire to be contrarian.

>I want an adult conversation
>y-you autist!
Are you even trying?

>The only majority anything is a continual desire to be contrarian.
Which is what Sup Forums has been for years. Got anything else to say?

>getting your panties THIS much in a twist over being wrong
Sorry our hugbox let you down, friend.

this looks like something from Dr. Mcninja

PT "designs" are overrated

Overrated implies they're good enough to become such.

By your own post, you've proved his point that the PT designs were better than the garbage we get now. What are you doing?

>garbage we get now
>comparing early production prop that will cost likely be enhanced by CGI to PT CGI
Not him but you're retarded.

Honestly, this looks alright. At least it's unique not like fucking TFA where Abrams just copied the OT

It's because JJ "knows" that practical effects = good, but he dosen't actually give a shit about the design of anything. That's why there's a complete lack of distinctive silhouettes or interesting features on the aliens.

nazis at their core were angsty teens who never got over it. Failed artists, failed careers, lack of connectivity with other people etc

that's why fascism is so popular in Sup Forums.

Anakin is unironically my favourite character across every Star Wars movie.

what the fug is that prince harry

My guess is that Poe and Finn act like gay lovers to infiltrate a high society party that will be attended by Del Taco's character.

Then Del Taco's character was a bad guy all along and knew of their plan leading to a wild escape scene just like in most buddy cop movies.

Bonus points if Del Taco invites them to a room with Kylo Ren inside for maximum pottery.

>I don't remember this scene from empire!
>why are they doing a new thing? It's stupid I don't like it being different

I would like this

user, if they can make a round body placed over a car frame look interesting, I'll print this post out and eat it.

The obvious comparison is the speeder Luke had on Tatooine, but that looked like a junked up dunebuggy. This thing is, I think, a luxury speeder, but can't compete with an Austin-Martin on looks. Unless they're planning on doing replacement CG headlights or narrowing it digitally, it's going to be ugly.

Let me know if there's something I'm missing, but the framework provided by the prop is lackluster.

Unless you actually work in the film industry, you have zero idea what you're talking about and shouldn't be judging what the final product would look like based on these pictures.

>Austin-Martin
What the fuck is the matter with you?

Not even close, really. The garden-variety Nazi was a WWI combat veteran in his 20s who was very bitter over the German defeat and his inability to find a job, both of which he quite rightly blamed on Jews.

> can't get a job
> can't get a gf
> can't cope with loss
> it's all the jews' fault

sounds like a typical /r9k/ loser to me.

JJ. The answer is JJ. It had his horrible fingerprints all over it, which means it didn't feel like a Star Wars movie.

The thing about sets is that lighting usually stays, because it's a pain to clean up digitally. Those headlights are powered.

Trying to clean up lighting in a photograph is a pain enough in photoshop, and that's done by hand, on a single image. I'm sure software like Nuke or whatever proprietary software ILM is on has the ability to attempt it, but that begs the question: why include the powered headlights at all if they were going to be cut out?

There's good odds those are staying in.

Careless right-click>auto-fix. Excuse me.

Because there aren't any stormtroopers or AT-STs

The headlights are one part of the entire thing. The car is extremely plain, very doubtful they're going to ruin with that unless it's suppose to look beat up and run down.

wait till you see Luke's pet owl and the Force Rings

Nice quads for a nice meme, my fellow RLMlet!!

I'm actually relieved to see how much practical effects they're using,

it looks like a shitbox space corolla

Lucas had a singular art team, and he was the guy making the final calls. That's consistency, at least. Now that we have new directors and (I think) a new crowd of artists and new processes coming in, the designs lose their consistency.

Then again, you've got guys like Ridley Scott who chance the aesthetic of a franchise dramatically, like he doesn't even understand the atmosphere of Alien worked so well. Gotta have flatscreens and holograms on everything though, because the vision.

They're all from this one sequence. Rumor is it's Luke and Rey attending Han's funeral.

they have stormtroopers. they just look like ipods in this one

>all of the enemies of the First Order meeting in one place, to celebrate a dead man.

I'm not interested in buying into rumors, but if that's true it at least means Stormtroopers crashing a party. Then we'll have a chase scene to compare to RotJ and AotC. That's appealing at least.

>on the other hand, it means more dumb things because they didn't just drop a TIE Bomber on it.

>People bitch about Disney Star Wars not doing stuff outside of OT.
>Ep VIII tries to do different shit.
>People bitch about it being different.

I hope you all get AIDS.

Way ahead of you pal.

Quads confirm.

>white tie dress
>space Bugatti Veyron
I find their lack of imagination distrubing.

Are you sure this isn't an adaptation of one of the Hitchhiker books?

Looks like they want the Final Fantasy audience. And going by how well the Final Fantasy films did, I don't think that's a good idea for Disney...

I'm guessing this is from a scene on New Coruscant or whatever.

Coruscant?

It's just shorthand for 'rich people planet in the SW universe'.

Coruscant, that doesn't compute. Uh, wait, you're under arrest.

When will you guys realize you will never get another Star Wars movie

>Nazis
>20-30 years old
>WWI Veterans
>All three at the same time
You do realize there was 16 years between WWI and Hitler taking the office for the first time, right? (I mean I would be pretty pissed too if I had to spend my childhood up until age 14 in a trench, breathing in the rich aroma of mustard gas. But somehow I doubt that was common.)
Otherwise you're mostly right. They were mostly pissed at the world in general, especially the French, because they obliterated everything they had from industry through agriculture all the way on any semblance of national pride they had.
Jews were the target because of Zionism, and thinking it was all their trickery that made the retaliation in the aftermath of WWI that bad.

Korean Dracula and Eli Roth?

YOU DON'T NEED A
NAME IN BRIGHT LIGHTS
YOU'RE A ROCKSTAR

Still it's a jarring lack of imagination, compared to the rich costumes of the otherwise shit prequels. Might as well be the set of another Star Trek or another future Earth based sci-fi.

If these guys don't speak in some sort of Transylvanian accent, I will be disappointed.

>compared to the rich costumes of the otherwise shit prequels

darth vader is a fascist. it doesn't make one a "lefty" to accept darth vader is a fascist.

He's probably only going to get 5 seconds of screen time.

Remember when JJ introduced that practical alien at a convention? Literally only got 3 seconds on screen and that was from a wide shot.

Sad

Ted Chiang is the lead art designer for this movie, as well as TFA, he's the same dude that was responsible for prequels.

Prequels Anakin was an average edgy Sup Forumstard. OT Vader was apolitical.

this looks, dare I say, hella dope

Well you're a faggot, my G.

>triggered manchild
feels good being right.

Lucas was fucking lazy, but the one thing he definitely cared for was design.

People have been whining about how "this doesn't look like star wars" since 1997 at least. These production stills look neat

....but so did the first stills from tfa

the empire wasn't really apolitical. it was a fascist style society.

Unions

the one on the right looks lame as hell. I'm having a hard time picturing this as a Star War.

Exactly the same art team from prequels is working on TFA and episode 8, sans Lucas.